• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
To those who remember me, i have finally managed to overcome the majority of my crisis and i have been able to return to brawling (and may have found a few others as well) and plan on being more active than i was in the past

to everyone else,
im reimeii pikachu main from childersburg

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
We need to get together to play obscure SNES titles again.
Thinking about it, I'm not sure how obscure my NES and SNES collections really are. Definitely don't have some of the weirder titles like Plok. I guess some of the Famicom and Super Famicom games are obscure, but really it's a rather typical kind of collection if you're just going for good games. There are at least 30 games I want to get, so I'm always feeling like it's also rather incomplete.

I'll try to scrounge together something official tomorrow for the Sunday nights at GameBox. It'll be $5 for all night or $3 with a setup, probably starting at 5:00, but I don't see there being a problem with starting earlier around 3:00 or 4:00. Here's the address:

701 Doug Baker Blvd
Suite #107
Birmingham, AL 35242

It's tucked away in the shopping center with the Hobby Lobby, the banks, and the movie theater (not the side with the Publix). Facing the movie theater, it'll be on your left next to Treat Yourself.

Reimeii, obviously I didn't check with your schedule, but we're going to try to start hanging out at GameBox Sunday nights for Smash. You and all of your recruits should come. The first official night is going to be the 2nd, but I don't have a problem with people showing up this Sunday.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Eventually George, maybe you guys could start hosting a regular tournament and join the ASL circuit?

EDIT: Also, I think it's great that you are trying to start this up. This is exactly the type of thing that will reinvigorate the Birmingham scene. I think every local crew should get together regularly.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude... the stuffing sucked that my parents made.

stuffing's like the best part of thanksgiving wtf

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
dude... the stuffing sucked that my parents made.

stuffing's like the best part of thanksgiving wtf
Punch that ***** in the throat. What was she thinking? How dare she make bad stuffing for THE shaSLAM??!?!!?

But for real, sucks that your food sucked. Mine was great.

:phone:

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Punch that ***** in the throat. What was she thinking? How dare she make bad stuffing for THE shaSLAM??!?!!?

But for real, sucks that your food sucked. Mine was great.
i mean it pretty much went down like this: ***** tried to bow the **** up talkin about providing me with **** being my mom and all the regala ish crazy *** moms say. next thing you see that ***** ON THE FLOOR KNOCKED THE *** OUT

WORLDSTARHIPHOP EXCLUSIVE THANKSGIVING SPECIAL ***** !!!!

We may disagree on many things, Slam,

but you've got this **** dead right.
ive never had bad stuffing before.. still smdh'in hard af.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i kinda like having non-traditional (but very good) food on thanksgiving. it kinda reenforces the fact that for me, that holiday is just about stuffing yourself with good food (no pun intended lol)

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Dear Birmingham,

http://vulcangamebox.com/super-smash-sundays/

701 Doug Baker Blvd
Suite #107
Birmingham, AL 35242

Every Sunday. 3:00-10:00. $5 ($3 with setup)

Sincerely,
George

PS: I'm also giving you guys PlayStation All-Stars with this. If you really want it, I'll throw in TMNT Smash Up, I guess, but who wants to play that?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ill be there next week george. i was still in montgomery this week i got kepted there :(

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Thought maybe I'd let you guys know I'm still alive since I was here lurking anyways.

Good to see many of you still at it. Carry on.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
That feels like a big compliment considering we've only met like once that I remember lol. Thanks.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
kaaaallllllllllmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hey Slam, its been forever. We should do something maybe some time. I guess my memory fails me for Ryker, I only remember seeing you at the last tourney I attended in Auburn. Thanks again for the compliment, I do try.
I'd like to mention that the Wii U is amazing. Browse multiple tabs while playing AC3? Sure.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
where do u live now kalm? i got a baby now she in my sig so im kinda tied up sometimes.
yeah man, its good to hear from you again.
but yeah HMU sometime dudee

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I still live in roughly the same area, right now I live in between Enterprise and Dothan. We certainly do need to catch up lol, gratz on teh babeh. =)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
you didnt try, you actually did!! lol
just seeing that makes me feel/remember things about your mannerisms and personality that are kind of exactly like his at times lol

i just get compared to Keanu Reeves idk i guess he's monotone and chill and facially expresionless or something >_>...

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I just try to act a bit crazy at times lol. if I act silly while I teach, then it increases the chances of students listening to me ten fold. I have to admit that I make a point of trying to act like Aziz, because I think he's hilarious.

On another note, if anyone wants to get on some brawl during christmas break, then lets make it happen. We should try and get everyone together in Montgomery or Auburn and hangout sometime.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
"this guy was basically dripping swag"
I lost my composure so hard. Hilarious hahahahaha
On the test I had a student put "DRIPPING SWAG" on the question asking the students to describe Charles the 2nd. They also gave a great description of what type of ruler Charles was. I was quite pleased with myself when I saw the kid's answer :cool:

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
On the test I had a student put "DRIPPING SWAG" on the question asking the students to describe Charles the 2nd. They also gave a great description of what type of ruler Charles was. I was quite pleased with myself when I saw the kid's answer :cool:
If all of your chapters videos are like that, I'd certainly enjoy the online class!
Well done man. :D

Top Bottom