• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm not saying it isn't legit. I'm saying I don't like it and have never liked the series. I didn't grow up with it because I've never enjoyed gore and didn't always play fighters. I REALLY hate having a block button, especially in a game with multiple teleports that I have it drilled into my brain means to either hit them or release every button and block. The only people in my area that play the game are casuals who I STILL beat by picking Johnny and nut punching them to death and they've been playing since launch.

On a more general note, it's way too slow.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
brawl is way too slow lol
yeah umm i just prefer capcom games over MK. i just dont like the stagnant and non charismatic cast of charecters. like, they all seem like pretty boring dudes, outside of ripping people's heads off i guess.

but yeah, elev8, no one liked my gundam idea :((((((
idk ill have to look through MK charecters to see which one i want, because i dont really know nay except those guys who wore all those different colors like subzero and snakey costume guy.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
brawl is way too slow lol
yeah umm i just prefer capcom games over MK. i just dont like the stagnant and non charismatic cast of charecters. like, they all seem like pretty boring dudes, outside of ripping people's heads off i guess.

but yeah, elev8, no one liked my gundam idea :((((((
idk ill have to look through MK charecters to see which one i want, because i dont really know nay except those guys who wore all those different colors like subzero and snakey costume guy.
I liked the Gundam idea, for the record. And a few other ideas were tossed around on Skype.

But Brawl isn't a fighter, it's something else entirely. There are so many more variables so you have to think and understand so much faster than the pace of the game anyway.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Did you even look at the vid I linked? Mortal Kombat has always been extremely fast paced, unless I'm misunderstanding your post and you mean to say stuff feels slow in which case, I don't know what to say since I haven't played MK9 yet.
Everything feels so slow when I input compared to Marvel, Blaz, and Hitsotensoku which are the only fighters I've been playing competitively. Not necessarily the game speed, but the speed at which I want my fingers to move. Hell, BLAZBLUE feels slow after playing the other two exclusively for awhile.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
smash is a fighter. fighters have variables in them too.
the ledge is really the only different thing.

WHY ARE YOU GUYS MEETING ON SKYPE AND NOT ON MY XAT >_>

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
smash is a fighter. fighters have variables in them too.
the ledge is really the only different thing.

WHY ARE YOU GUYS MEETING ON SKYPE AND NOT ON MY XAT >_>
First off, I made it first and said discussion took place before your Xat existed.

Second off, smash's blocking, killing, percents, and stocks all work differently. You're playing to a different goal in how to win (not counting time out). It's kill the opponent, not deplete his health.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
@Reflex:

How much of a better Pt would I be if I could hydroplane? I hate tap jump but pressing jump up and a all at the same time seems like to much trouble :\

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
First off, I made it first and said discussion took place before your Xat existed.

Second off, smash's blocking, killing, percents, and stocks all work differently. You're playing to a different goal in how to win (not counting time out). It's kill the opponent, not deplete his health.
yeah, but to do that... you have to fight. and in that fighting, the same methods are applied as in fighters.
in MK you can get "finished" and in SF you can get "KO'd" same thing in smash you get knocked off the screen. i mean, you just build damage on your opponent the same as you do in fighters.

bascially, the concepts are the same. yes, smash is a bit different. but the concepts are the same. making it a fighter. not a traditional fighter. but a fighter.
and the only reason it isnt traditional is because of the ledge i feel like lol.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
From AiB
Thought it was cool to see a PT, but no. He is just HORRIBLY spammy. Not fun to face or anything. GGs I guess.
:\ So I can't use razor leaf as an approach with Ivysaur or else its spam? Especially vs a Yoshi where it can't even chip the shield?

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Man, I'm done with fighting games. From now on I'm playing Heroes of Newerth, the better stand alone DotA game. At least until DotA2 anyway. LoL makes me want to shoot myself.

MK is really good. Aloha doesn't believe me when I say it's harder than Marvel 3.

I was thinking about getting CS2 on 3DS, but apparently no online or patches. PS3 it is.

When does Skullgirls come out?

:phone:

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
The pace of the game feels off to me. The art direction. The character design (skills and aesthetics). Making the level of your account affect gameplay. Skill trees? What is that? I'm sure it's crazy deep or something, but the skill tree is where I just said no.

Assuming PSN comes back, I can patch, right? :D

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master

You're ****riding Brawl way too hard. Slam said everything for me.

so is Hakumen good in CS2?

GOOGLING IS DIFFICULT
My brother says Hakumen is terrible now and he has consistently been bottom 5 in CS2 tier lists. He says he might be having CS1 Rachel Syndrome and may choose a new main. Doesn't help that my character completely butt-***** Hakumen now.

mmmmmmm mk9 :)
mmmmmmmmmm jajajaja

@Reflex:

How much of a better Pt would I be if I could hydroplane? I hate tap jump but pressing jump up and a all at the same time seems like to much trouble :\
Just claw and press x/y and upcstick. It's what I do and it's mad easy. You need all the gimmicks you can get in any competitive game and this can help a lot when used right.

Also, yeah, Joelge, when PSN comes back you can patch. And it's not the skill tree that breaks the game, it's those EFFING RUNES

Also: In Puerto Rico MORDEKAISER ES #1 HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
previous 3d MK games were slower than most 2d fighters.
UMK3 is bizarrely fast, and MK9 is way more fast paced than pretty much everything except melee.

marvel isn't really "fast paced", its just a whole bunch of **** on the screen at one time. characters move at speeds comparable to MK, and inputs are DEFINITELY faster in MK since theres no hit confirming.

but i mean to each his own. MK9 is a way deeper game than Marvel 3 and thats why I like it better. but different games have different feels and everyone has their preference.

one thing that I will agree about MK is that they have really dumb and stereotypical characters. I've always been drawn to the more interesting ones, like Jax. who isn't really that good in MK9. but ima try em out anyway. Ermac is really cool in MK9 too.

i'm basically going to pick up SSF4 and MK9 and see what happens. I'm gonna train in Brawl this summer and if my tournament average doesn't improve by Fall I'm dropping the game altogether.

Winnar

Smash Lord
My brother says Hakumen is terrible now and he has consistently been bottom 5 in CS2 tier lists. He says he might be having CS1 Rachel Syndrome and may choose a new main. Doesn't help that my character completely butt-***** Hakumen now.
heartbreaking :(

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
so youre saying fighter are > brawl?
or are you saying brawl is > fighters.

if youre saying fighters are > brawl, we already had aloha troll us on this **** a while back.
im gonna try not get trolled.
im gonna really try

and if youre saying brawl is > fighters. which is what it seems like youre saying. youre wrong lol

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
brawl is a fighting game guys jees stop trying to be cool.

its about as non tradition as MK9 is.

it CAN be a party game when played in certain modes.

but so can MK9

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
so youre saying fighter are > brawl?
or are you saying brawl is > fighters.

if youre saying fighters are > brawl, we already had aloha troll us on this **** a while back.
im gonna try not get trolled.
im gonna really try

and if youre saying brawl is > fighters. which is what it seems like youre saying. youre wrong lol
I'm saying fighters =/= brawl.

I'm not saying one or the other is better. The only game I really enjoy more than Brawl is Touhou 12.3 which is a 2d Fighter, but there are others I don't like as much even though I love the games. Blazblue and Marvel come to mind. Believe me, I'm not trying to say a specific genre is better than anything. There are retardedly fighters out there.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I don't know many fighters that don't have health bars, but has blast zones, stocks, and percents.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
that's what makes brawl different.

i could also make a list about what makes MK different.

or a list about what makes GG different.

etc

in general they all share the basic fighting game mentality.

Top Bottom