• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
11:00am: Melee & Brawl Doubles(if we are able to do them at the same time)
1:00pm: Melee Singles

^ It's looking pretty good for us then (If we're just planning on making it to Singles)
It's roughly a 4 hour drive down there yah?

Btw Russ, D:< why don't you use your friggen phone.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hey--If I held a Brawl tournament, what would you like as a side event?

I was thinking about something Pokémon-related (Stadium 2 minigames? 1v1 battles with three to a team, a la Battle Tower? Pokémon Puzzle League?).

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I wouldn't mind Pokemon Standard, it'd be pretty cool if we got to do it on Pokemon Revo~

George would be so down for Pokemon Puzzle League, the guys is uber at it.

I haven't played Battle Tower, but Pokemon Stadium 2 Minigames were fun haha.

Dokapon can't be played competitively can it? So if we were going to go by a fun factor I'd probably say MKwii 64/Double dash event.

And yes I would be using Daysi if there was a Double Dash event and I'm going to spam her switch so much.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I wouldn't mind Pokemon Standard, it'd be pretty cool if we got to do it on Pokemon Revo~

George would be so down for Pokemon Puzzle League, the guys is uber at it.

I haven't played Battle Tower, but Pokemon Stadium 2 Minigames were fun haha.

Dokapon can't be played competitively can it? So if we were going to go by a fun factor I'd probably say MKwii 64/Double dash event.

And yes I would be using Daysi if there was a Double Dash event and I'm going to spam her switch so much.
I wouldn't mind doing it on Battle Revolution, so long as everything happened smoothly. I don't want a side tournament to take longer than anything else. I was definitely planning on using a Battle Revolution set-up for Finals, at least.

I'm pretty pro at Puzzle League. While we're on that, dibs on Brock.

If you haven't played the actual Battle Tower, don't. In essence, though, the ruleset is like a normal battle, except each person has three Pokémon rather than six. Full-blown battles could last ages...but I guess it depends on what everyone else wants. Also, what about Battle Hall rules? There's a fair amount of luck involved, but it would still be neat. (It's essentially 1v1 with one Pokémon each.)

Dokapon would take forever, wouldn't it?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i would like it if we had a cooking mama side tourney. i have actually been wanting this f.o.re.v.e.r.rrr.r.r.r.r.rrrrr/

actually i want a Killer Instinct side tourney plz.

6 am is good id wake up at like 5 then is that cool with yall? i wanna get there for melee id enter i guess why not.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
You got GF cancelled remember? So I guess you are going there in the morning :3. I'll be leaving my place around 5:30ish to try and get to Cheap's in time. Just wait for me guys Dx

Reflex:
Yeah Dokapon would take forever but we would make the best of friends yah? and actually in terms of availability and ease to most of the players we should probably knock pokemon off the choosing list. Unless we could somehow just get two DS set ups for those who don't have the game and let them use our rentals. (Though I really do want to play it with someone when I finally get this game built up again lol). :< Sorry for even mentioning it haha

George uses Erika so you're set on Brock. I just don't want to use Ash (and not die in 10 seconds with any character).

afdj;laf and I think I should get some sleep soon.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Russ I'm heading there now. O: Call me at the number on the previous page if I can't because I gotta go like now.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Well I have a PBR saved with all pokemon on it. I don't know there movesets or anything but I do know every single pokemon is on there.

I'm in favor of PS2 mini game side tourney.

I wanna vote for a DBZ side tourney though. I've been playing alot of Budikai 3. Goku's ult kamehameha is sexy.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Well I have a PBR saved with all pokemon on it. I don't know there movesets or anything but I do know every single pokemon is on there.

I'm in favor of PS2 mini game side tourney.

I wanna vote for a DBZ side tourney though. I've been playing alot of Budikai 3. Goku's ult kamehameha is sexy.
Budokai 3 dosent have the annoying 3d system does it?

also, Power Stone. bl*ches.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
kk cool. Going to shower up and I'll be heading out in half an hour

Hai Emily, and yeah it didn't occur to me to text someone :I more fail on my part.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i might go pick up kevin first then go to cheaps. im gonna leave in a little. gotta get gas and coffee and all that ****

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Is elv8 going to that tourney in B-ham?
Oh hi mysterious stranger.

Side note: Pixelcon 2 is coming up soon! Ya'll probably remember pimping this out last year. Some friends of mine put in lots and lots of hard nerd love for this stuff, so it'd be great if some of ya'll could make it out. I'm probably not gonna be there myself this year, so that's more reason for ya'll to show up! There will be semi-legit smash and pokemonz for parties interested. And also a few others. I'm not the type to keep up with this mess.

More infos:
http://abxygaming.ua.edu/pixelcon/index.cfm

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
o: It went from "No" to "hard to say right now"

Is this a possible change of heart? lol

Anyway Thanks again Joel for the ride to Mobile and back home.
Fun tournament, tired, got needed shower in again, now I'm sleeping.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Bummer.

Anyway, hoping the turnout for this weekend ends up looking nice. : P It would help the local AiB players seem more interested in the community.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
Bs is coming to the tournament? oh snap!
___

umm he said he would come but he has to work on saturdays! and said he would come friday and smash at my house!
___

yup aloha about to bring alabama from the dead!
___

housing is confirmed can house up to 8 people!

Top Bottom