• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Summer 2015 Melee Power Ranking

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Are any of Mobile's players planning on attending Don't Get Rekt 3 (Auburn)? It's in October and it's probably a good common ground for the two halves of the state to converge on and actually interact with one another. I'm going to strongly encourage Tuscaloosa and Huntsville to attend. Thoughts?

Last edited:

rolfcopter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BabySteps
Are any of Mobile's players planning on attending Don't Get Rekt 3 (Auburn)? It's in October and it's probably a good common ground for the two halves of the state to converge on and actually interact with one another. I'm going to strongly encourage Tuscaloosa and Huntsville to attend. Thoughts?
u either skate or u die

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
i'm also wondering who's coming to DGR3, and if anyone from north AL will show
For Melee PR purposes, the ideal outcome is that Keno, J00t, Moogle, SaintRage, Fang, Spade, Bob (cheeseguy), Zylo, and Zoma attend. Realistically, I'd say 20% of that list will probably end up going. RAM lives in California now (I've heard) and Spade's attention isn't very focused on Melee (in favor of PM and Smash 4), so there may be some vacancies to fill.

Here's an event link for DGR3. Everyone, do your part to get the best players in your region to attend this event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1636445519970643/

Last edited:

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
For Melee PR purposes, the ideal outcome is that Keno, J00t, Moogle, SaintRage, Fang, Spade, Bob (cheeseguy), Zylo, and Zoma attend. Realistically, I'd say 20% of that list will probably end up going. RAM lives in California now (I've heard) and Spade's attention isn't very focused on Melee (in favor of PM and Smash 4), so there may be some vacancies to fill.

Here's an event link for DGR3. Everyone, do your part to get the best players in your region to attend this event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1636445519970643/
I'm 100% confirmed not able to go due to being on call.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Because North AL and South AL never play each other except when we drive down to Mobile it's almost entirely conjecture where they should be placed on the PR. That's why for the most recent PM PR Mobile wasn't even considered for the rankings. There's just no point in ranking them based on speculation when there won't even be any interaction with us anyway.

sam:)

Smash Cadet
Because North AL and South AL never play each other except when we drive down to Mobile it's almost entirely conjecture where they should be placed on the PR. That's why for the most recent PM PR Mobile wasn't even considered for the rankings. There's just no point in ranking them based on speculation when there won't even be any interaction with us anyway.
but why not add someone from south AL or mid AL to the PR panelists? you might not be able to discuss results against each other, but you could compare results against good players from other regions at least.

also i was just stating my opinion, after seeing/competing with north AL players at dgr

Last edited:

j00t

Smash Champion
imo dron should be on this PR and mikey should be higher, and the reason they aren't is because all the panelists are from north AL
This sounds just as biased as we are, just saying.

There will be a PR update when we actually get together and play. Right now this PR should not still be causing butthurt lol

sam:)

Smash Cadet
This sounds just as biased as we are, just saying.

There will be a PR update when we actually get together and play. Right now this PR should not still be causing butthurt lol
zac and i will have to come to north AL soon then since only a couple of you dudes came come to dgr :p

Last edited:

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
A concerted effort was made to encourage all North Alabama players to attend DGR3. The timing wasn't great for most people, but we made an effort. Not sure if you saw this, but it looks like the timing wasn't great for south Alabama/Florida either. There were some very vocal people on the Alabama Smash League FB page discouraging DGR attendance in favor of Emerald Coast Con. I was not impressed: (https://www.facebook.com/groups/alabamasmashleague/permalink/949043971827613/)

That said, there are a LOT of North Alabama players going to Tipped Off 11 this weekend. Is South Alabama going? Could be an opportunity to interact a bit more, if nothing else.

The other idea that has been proposed is to split Alabama Power Rankings into regions by Area Code. It would possibly be more accurate, since the rankings for a region would cover the people who regularly attend tournaments in that region. I think our state is probably good for TWO regions: 205/256 and 334/251. Maybe split up 334 and 251 and have three regions? Here are a few helpful maps to give you a better
idea:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Alabama_area_codes

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I don't think Mikeyy, Rag, or Roboturner (If he even counts) are going to TO11. They are essentially inactive so I wouldn't put them on a PR. Sickolas is decent and he'll be at TO so you might wanna find him and see where things shake out. Other than that I don't think Mobile has anyone who is PR worthy.

Pensacola has a PR and anyone down there who really cares about recognition is probably already on it. I just wish they would use smashboards where it was out in the public instead of being hidden on fb.

Last edited:

rolfcopter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BabySteps
I don't think Mikeyy, Rag, or Roboturner (If he even counts) are going to TO11. They are essentially inactive so I wouldn't put them on a PR. Sickolas is decent and he'll be at TO so you might wanna find him and see where things shake out. Other than that I don't think Mobile has anyone who is PR worthy.

Pensacola has a PR and anyone down there who really cares about recognition is probably already on it. I just wish they would use smashboards where it was out in the public instead of being hidden on fb.
U don't play melee

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I would like to see Dron vs Zylo (although that doesn't necessarily show who's better). They play very different foxes, and I had a much tougher time against Dron when I went to dngr. Hopefully I'll be more on my game for TO. My spacies game has been really weak recently.

Unless Mikey has dramatically improved, I dunno man. Zylo has gone at a pretty good rate since the last time he went to mobile.

Last edited:

rolfcopter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BabySteps
I would like to see Dron vs Zylo (although that doesn't necessarily show who's better). They play very different foxes, and I had a much tougher time against Dron when I went to dngr. Hopefully I'll be more on my game for TO. My spacies game has been really weak recently.

Unless Mikey has dramatically improved, I dunno man. Zylo has gone at a pretty good rate since the last time he went to mobile.
They played at bio it was 3-1 Zylo. Was a cool set

Top Bottom