• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Alabama Smash Wii U Power Rankings [09/01/2016]

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
1. DanGR :rosalina::4charizard:
2. Thundersz :4fox:
3. NYMTV | ChillyChilli :4gaw::4mario::substitute:
4. Dog w/Hips :4lucario:
5. LaGr | Shade :4bayonetta::4peach:
6. Pudd :4ness:
7. Mahgnittoc :4diddy:
8. Dark Keet :4mewtwo::4falcon:
9. Kimchi :4metaknight::4mewtwo:
10. PS | Asoma :substitute:

Honorable Mentions (alphabetical order):
C2, JukeBoxHero, Rax​

---

C2: Has shown significant improvement this season, and has some wins over top PR'd players.
JukeBoxHero: Strongly considered for 10th. Has solid wins over people in top 10, with some of those on top 5 players.
Rax: Newcomer with 3/4 tournaments in top 8. Took a game off of Dog and beat Mahg and Kimchi. Needs more results.

Last edited:

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Would love to mention that these rankings were created by people, therefore they will be imperfect. However, before you complain about your placement or lack thereof, please keep in mind that we spent the entire day over Skype combing through every local and regional bracket we could find that took place over the last 6 months. We took into consideration placing, size of tournaments, and individual wins and losses against players of note. So while these ranks are imperfect, they are damn near as close as they could possibly get.

Also props to Tasya for doing the bulk of the data gathering. This guy was literally scouring around a dozen or so tournaments recording player's individual wins/losses and against whom. Seriously awesome job to him for being so committed.

Edit: Just so everyone knows who is reading through this thread, we plan on updating the rankings every six months. Which would mean that starting now (Sept 1st) a new ranking season has begun for consideration of the next updated PR.

Last edited:

.Hook

Smash Apprentice
I cannot BELIEVE my man @ Child Star Child Star wasn't on the nominee list after what I heard was the sickest most hype match of Smash 4 ever at Birmingham Brawl 2.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I think DGR2's bracket has some inaccuracies because I definitely beat Will_ 2-0 in Losers Quarters... or maybe the round before that? It was a while ago, but we definitely played!

Last edited:

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
I have the feeling if I don't keep improving, I won't have that 2nd place spot for long. DanGR has improved a lot recently. Otherwise I think this list is reasonable. Also, Arkaizer could easily be top 2/3 in a few tournaments. Dude is good.

Keet

Smash Journeyman
I have the feeling if I don't keep improving, I won't have that 2nd place spot for long. DanGR has improved a lot recently. Otherwise I think this list is reasonable. Also, Arkaizer could easily be top 2/3 in a few tournaments. Dude is good.
The only reason he's at the spot he is is because he's only been to four tournaments. If he keeps placing like he has been his rank will only rise.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Very solid north Alabama smash 4 pr

When are u gonna remake it to only include results from tournaments with non meme rulesets?
Edit: actually for a better answer, we'll just go with
->February

Last edited:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Saki- Saki- , perhaps you could use that second post to compile results from time of conception of this list up to February? It'll be easier to do it this way over time rather than having to go back and search through 6 months worth of tournaments.

I can help compile them.

Hidden Power Sept13: http://smashboards.com/threads/hidden-power-september-2015-results.417547/
HASLfest 12: http://smashboards.com/threads/hasl...9-19-2015-huntsville-al.418348/#post-20209100
Birmingham Brawl 3: http://smashboards.com/threads/birmingham-brawl-3-pm-melee-wiiu-9-26-15-birmingham-al.418830/
The Big House: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ct-2-4-2015-dearborn-mi.420498/#post-20328927
vsHsv1.0: http://smashboards.com/threads/vshsv1-0-wiiu-melee-pm-10-17-2015-huntsville-al.421195/
MLG World Finals 2015: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...grybox-mew2king-zero-nairo-axe-mr-r-and-more/
Don't Get Rekt: http://smashboards.com/threads/dont-get-rekt-3-pm-melee-smash-4-tournament-results.421536/
Tipped Off 11: placeholder

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Tipped Off 11: https://smash.gg/tournament/tipped-off-11/brackets (Do they have a SWF result?)
BIO! 10: http://smashboards.com/threads/bio-10-melee-pm-sm4sh.425471/

From what I've noticed from results posted this season 2-6 are going to be swapped around. 7-10 will have the most time spent on it. Will most likely be losing 2, but who to fill those two spots with and how it will be arranged will be the fun part.

Pudd, step your game up

@Pudding009 @LilBigham @Arkaizer @100AngryTurtles For the love of god claim your results on BIO 10. Get those who you know to claim them as well.

Edit: @Sweaters , we need dem brackets for Birmingham Brawl. These tournaments make you sick due to the lack of Brawl. Admit it

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Update to the rankings boyzzz

0. TheReflexWonder :4wario2:
1. DanGR :rosalina::4miibrawl:
2. Mahgnittoc :4diddy::4bowserjr:
3. Arkaizer :4metaknight::4cloud:
4. PS| Pudd :4ness::4pikachu:
5. Will_:4mario::4dk:
6. Spade :4falcon:
7. LilBigham :4luigi:
8. PS| Bloss :4zss:
9. Thundersz :4falcon:
10. PS| Aloha [whatever HE thinks he's good at]

Aloha being on the pr has been a meme come true guys. Let's see if our bottom 3 can survive a pr update this next time around.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Nice. Good to see good Huntsville representation on this thing.

Once they patch Charizard, I'm coming for you all...

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
We'll be ready for ya old man.

Also special shout out to @100AngryTurtles for making our lives much easier with the spreadsheets. If we can keep that up we'd have no problem changing our bi-annual updates to tri-annual.

What this means for those of you on the PR: continue putting work in at these tournaments. You only make yourself look silly by dropping the ball at this point and start playing poorly since you got on the PR. Don't let your egos stop you from succeeding in ANYTHING.

For those who aren't on the PR. Hit the lab, practice harder....or period in some of your cases. You can't expect good results if you aren't putting in the time to improve your game. It also helps if you attend tournaments (unless you're Mobile). If you're wanting in on this PR cause some upsets and play the game like you want to win. Work on matchups, practice a secondary for those worst matchups, expose yourself to groups outside of the gang you already body anyway. You got till Late April, Early May. I'm looking forward to the results of everyone in our sm4sh scene. Here is to a successful season, and a happier scene!

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Thank you for not ranking me. I'll continue to not show up at tournaments if it means staying off the PR.

Buffalo

Smash Rookie
NNID
badbuffalo
3DS FC
2406-5610-3875
Hoping that my boy Dog w/ Hips will make it on here next time. He's amazing.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Here we are with the newest update for Smash Wii U. Congrats to those who made it. Didn't make the list? No worries because here is a list you wouldn't want to be on.

Alabama Smash Wii U PR voted worst 10 Smashers:
1.Childstar
2.Childstar
3.Childstar
4.Childstar
5.Childstar
6.Childstar
7.Childstar
8.Childstar
9.Childstar
10.Childstar

HM: Childstar's Dad

We'll be updating at the end of Summer. Work hard bois

ChillyChili

Smash Cadet
NNID
JoshuaSanders
I'd like to thank the community for being the coolest group of individuals I have ever met. I don't think I've ever had so much fun being competitive in a game and am excited for every event announced. Super glad you guys are awesome.

And G&W isn't low tier.

Keet

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to thank the community for being the coolest group of individuals I have ever met. I don't think I've ever had so much fun being competitive in a game and am excited for every event announced. Super glad you guys are awesome.

And G&W isn't low tier.
Come to the UAB tournament next weekend with Dan and maybe we can do crew battles!

Doc_Pickle

Smash Apprentice
My honorable mention, she's in shambles.

I do think I could make a case for myself. At least over Asoma, I 2-0d him with Doc at the last bham brawl. Also, why isn't Spinach on the honorable mentions?

Last edited:

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Having a winning record over someone doesn't mean you should be ranked over them necessarily. Trust me when I say it was not easy making honorable mentions. A lot of good players didn't make the cut simply because there were so many notable tournaments this season with good players coming out to each and every one of them.

We took into account placings, wins, and losses and worked harder on this version of the PR than any previous. This list is what we feel best represents the current state of Alabama's Sm4sh scene (minus Mobile).

Doc_Pickle

Smash Apprentice
Having a winning record over someone doesn't mean you should be ranked over them necessarily. Trust me when I say it was not easy making honorable mentions. A lot of good players didn't make the cut simply because there were so many notable tournaments this season with good players coming out to each and every one of them.

We took into account placings, wins, and losses and worked harder on this version of the PR than any previous. This list is what we feel best represents the current state of Alabama's Sm4sh scene (minus Mobile).
I like the pr overall, I just don't think asoma deserves a mention. His only notable win was over Turtles 2-1. Nothing against him personally, I just question this call in particular.

Top Bottom