• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Project M Power Ranking

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Met & Ryker Present:

Alabama's First Ever

(Spring 2014)

"I will fight against everything this world stands for."
Rank 1: Reflex (Smith Station)

The Class President shines above all others, and runs the school with an iron fist. Any who would seek to challenge The President's rule will be struck down.

“To hell with your opinion! I'll take my own path no matter what anyone else says!”
Rank 2: Ragnarock (Mobile)

Only one can bring even a bead of sweat to The President's brow. But The Exchange Student still doesn't fully understand how this school works.

"When you see a high place, you just get this irresistible urge to climb it!"
Rank 3: Ryker (Mobile)

The Underachiever is always there to support and encourage friends. It's uncertain whether it is bravery or stupidity keeping this one from backing down.

"Prepare to be pummeled cheerfully, jauntily, and utterly one-sidedly!"
Rank 4: Met (Mobile)

The first of The Four Diva's knows most everything about the workings of this school, and is always ready with a snid remark when met with incompetence.

“If I continue fighting, the data I've gathered so far will be damaged. All I want is data. I care not for victory...for now.”
Rank 5: Dron (Mobile)

The second of The Four Diva's is constantly trying to implement new technology. Be wary because you can never be sure what this one has developed.

"It will take more than the likes of you to make me cry, and if I did, I would wipe it away myself."
Rank 6: Nice1 (Auburn)

The third of The Four Diva's uses their muscles to strike fear into the underclassmen. Could the disciplinary chair be harboring a softer side? These reports seem unlikely.

"Observe what happens when you force a man to change."
Rank 7: Spade (Huntsville)

The fourth of The Four Diva's is perhaps the most confident of them all. But is willing to sacrifice it all if victory is on the line.

"If I paraded in front of them in all my nude glory, I'd draw attention."
Rank 8: Bill_ (Auburn)

This Teacher doesn't fit in with the rest of the faculty. If one where to follow the educator you might catch a glimpse of a nudist's true strength.

/AlabamaSmashLeague
@ALSmashLeague
/AlabamaSmashLeague
/AlabamaSmashLeague

This power ranking reflects the unbiased opinion of Met and Ryker and as such should be taken as law.

THANKS FOR READING!​

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Blam. Looks nice.

Hype drew, you got bestgirl

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Nice theme 4 the power rankings. Why billy is 8? Shouldn't he b higher? Even though I haven't seen spade and I kno nice 1 is good.

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is way better than PM.
You guys should make a Brawl PR.
And how do you guys feel about 1 stock Brawl?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
First, I think you're crazy. I love Brawl, but it's a flawed game and I think P:M is a better game than Melee right now and it isn't even finished.

Second, we've got one.

Third, I could probably write a paper about one stock Brawl because I've thoroughly examined it, but this isn't the thread to talk about it. You should hit up the social thread, homie.

Last edited:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
The only reason you think pm is better cause you've been having better results ryker. Pm isn't better than melee. It's not as smooth and there's still too many brain dead spammable moves you can do in that game.

Zone

Smash Champion
Melee also has light shield >.>.

Doesn't feel blocky and gross.

Also PM is not anywhere near balanced. Neither is melee. But I hate when people try to act like that's a plus. Sorry but some scrub bowser main shouldn't be able to beat rice.

When you nerf things willy billy you disrupt things in other places.

Nerf spac animals? Well you just made marth a god against them.

Also PM still missing a lot of melee tech. It has some new stuff, but it's missing a bunch of small things that make us love melee.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
1.) If my results bothered me, I would play different characters in melee.

2.) I agree with Zone that neither game is balanced.

3.) Much like the comment about 1 stock Brawl, this isn't the place to hold this discussion. However, I've talked with both of you about this before, so I think I'll refrain from getting into it regardless of where it takes place. The comment was directed at Mikey who said Brawl was a better game to point out that there is way more than enough interest to merit a PR.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also, I STILL need to get you your stuff. You left it at the monthly. I think your number in my phone is wrong.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
My phone's dead at the moment. I can get it back to you tomorrow if you're available. Call you later tonight.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
We probably won't have enough data to re-evaluate the PR 'til after fall. It's about how many tournaments the different regions host.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i can already tell you that George should be like 2 or 3 on this list. but bham will start attending more tournaments soon

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Come on down. I wish him the best, but I don't think I've dropped a set to anyone around here that's not Rag or Reflex in a good while. I would love to see AL travel more. We have a 30+ monthly every second Sunday in Mobile.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I will probably look into updating this again when we have enough data to form an arguable consensus. Right now 3.5 is fresh and old tournament data is probably not accurate anyway. That being said this PR is probably not accurate anymore either. Rag has possibly truly retired now. Bill_ is in a similar situation; in Huntsville they aren't hosting Project M; and we have several players like George and Ninkendo who have shown that they deserve spots.

Hopefully we get some players traveling and playing so we can see some of these head-to-heads that need to happen in order to build a new list. Let's cross our fingers for Spring 2015.

~also I guess I can add the locations to the OP for you guys.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Planned on making a push for the new update around April since it seemed like it'd be a good time for results to pile up w/ the boom from the new smash game.

Top Bottom