• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Grime Thread

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Inspired by the Michigan Grime Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-year-of-grime-last-updated-8-21-2014.318977/
and the MDVA Grime Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-md-va-grime-thread.364783/

So here you have it... the Alabama Grime thread. If there are any smashers who you believe are deserving of increased grime, format a post exposing them in the following way:

+1 Zylo
Made a Grime Thread

Without further delay, here is the Grime Thread:

1. Hivebang Gaming
- says they'll host a tournament, charges venue fee, and doesn't host tournament
- 1st prize for a $10 entry fee tournament is a t-shirt
- spam advertises on Facebook
- promises best competition in Tuscaloosa; 2 people show up
- gives you 8 hours free play for placing 3rd, tries to say you have to use it all at once
- has electric drums - doesn't let you play them
- staff member flirted with me over Facebook to try to get me to come to one of their tournaments

2. Jimb0
- gets drunk at a Mississippi tournament, takes 2nd anyway
- states he has no possibility of getting better; just learned how to grab
- complains about his bad tech skill while zero-to-deathing you
- plans tournament at his house 3 weeks in advance; cancels it at the last minute to go to a ballet
- "yeah my parentals will totally send me to Apex to team with you." Doesn't confirm this with parentals, plays at his house instead.
- "yeah man, I'm totally down to go to TO10 and team with you. I'll even cover gas." Doesn't go.
- faked car troubles to try to get with a rugby girl

3. IdaGamer
- says there is no venue fee, charges a venue fee
- tried to refuse to hand out prize money, gave out half as much as promised

4. Zylo
- demands neutral start when in a disadvantageous position; punishes players who don't ask for neutral start by immediately attacking them
- chaingrabs in sheik ditto in friendlies
- rigs random teammate doubles so that he can team with Moogle; wins
- doesn't allow Jwu to enter 15 minutes late to an 18-person tournament
- Zoma misses sheik transformation due to fistbumping Zylo; Zylo punishes him for it
- talked Zoma into MMing Smoof with his falcon so that he could MM Smoof with his falcon once Zoma lost

5. TheReflexWonder
- once heralded as the low tier king, has been spotted using Marth on occasion
- beat a player so bad at a major that they broke their Wii, brawl disk and got really depressed. When questioned on this his only statement was "Smash isn't for the weak" *While clutching his fist*
- has been quoted saying, "You have to sellout to cashout"
- noticed that Alias was beating someone with Marth vs their Ness in a friendly, taught them the Marth Killer edgeguard just to spite him

6. Alias
- mains Zelda in PM and relies on the fact that most people don't know the matchup
- controller watches in friendlies to read tech rolls
- doesn't take an active roll in tournament planning till the week before the tournament, even though he is head T.O. in his area.
- once had 3 cars full of people stay at his apartment after a tournament, assured them they wouldn't get towed....they all got towed the next day, locked himself in his room till everyone left

7. Spade
- yelled at casuals for taking his stock in teams in friendlies at a convention
- rage quits out while he still has a stock left

8. Ram
- says he would agree not to chaingrab in sheik dittos but then do it anyway
- is the reason for Soft's defensive play-style

9. Matthew Hurtubise
- encouraged new players to drop out of Smash 4 because there were too many entrants
- makes Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, and Kongo Jungle legal counterpicks

10. sound
- will go on long hiatuses from Smash, claims that he quits, still enters tournaments, just to say he beat people after he quit the game
- refers to himself as the gatekeeper of pools
- plays C. Falcon for "fun", only goes for stomp-knee kills

11. Zoma
- played IC's against drunk Jim and wobbles him
- chaingrabs in sheik dittos in friendlies

12. Shenanigans
- yawned on stream while f-smashing a guy out of winners

13. Smoof
- agreed to do a teams MM against Zylo and Zoma without a teammate; spent 5 minutes trying to convince random people in the venue to team with him

14. Ubik
- claims he has no mains....but when backed into a corner will cheese you with Sheik
- will only money match people when drunk and still wins

15. Anime
- streams tournaments, but doesn't upload all the VOD's
- grab releases in Wario dittos

16. power
-
agrees to a bet that if he doesn't make it out of pools to the next tournament, he must wear a trash bag to the following tournament. When that actually happens, complains that he had a hard pool and refuses to honor his bet

17. Mahgnittoc
- quit tourney finals after they nerfed Diddy

We definitely have more grime than in this thread, so please comment below what you would like me to add. If you do not want to say it publicly, you may also private message me any grime you would like added.

Last edited:

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Oh I have so much Grime on everybody

11. power
-Agrees to a bet that if he doesn't make it out of pools to the next tournament, he must wear a trash bag to the following tournament. When that actually happens, complains that he had a hard pool and refuses to honor his bet.
-Believes that Fox is the future and should almost always be at the top of a tier list in both PM and Melee
-Thinks Bowser has a stupid playstyle and will only play Captain Falcon against it

12. Ubik
-Has stated on many occasions that he can see through Fatality's Falcon....has not won a set yet
-Claims he has no mains....but when backed into a corner will cheese you with Sheik
- Is of German descent...new age Neo Nazi
-Will only money match people when drunk and still wins

13. Anime
-Excessively uses Wario's Side B, still places well at tournaments
-Streams tournaments, but doesn't upload all the VOD's
-Grab releases in Wario dittos
-Will casually mention how he is from Texas and their superior smash scene

14. Alias
-Always gets into arguments about how actually using your brain is better than tech skill
-Has no actual tech skill
-Mains Zelda in PM and relies on the fact that most people don't know the matchup
-Self proclaimed Salt King of Alabama
-While losing like to spam taunts
-Controller watches in friendlies to read tech rolls (Scumbag)
-Has an undying hate for spacies in PM and thinks Fox players have some form of lite A.D.D
-Prays for the return of Brawl
-Doesn't take an active roll in tournament planning till the week before the tournament, even though he is head T.O. in his area.
-Once had 3 cars full of people stay at his apartment after a tournament, assured them they wouldn't get towed....they all got towed the next day, locked himself in his room till everyone left
-After losing a set to a better player will comment on how he could probably beat them if they ever played again, doesn't matter who it is.
-Thinks that most hardcore Melee players are elitists and actually pray to the 5 Melee Gods in some pagan-esque ritual

15. sound
- Went to one tournament with M2K, now thinks they are best friends
-Will go on long hiatuses from Smash, claims that he quits, still enters tournaments, just to say he beat people after he quit the game
-Refers to himself as the gatekeeper of pools
-Plays C. Falcon for "fun", only goes for stomp-knee kills

16. TheReflexWonder
-Once heralded as the low tier king, has been spotted using Marth on occasion
- Beat a player so bad at a major that they broke their Wii, brawl disk and got really depressed. When questioned on this his only statement was "Smash isn't for the weak" *While clutching his fist*
-Has been quoted saying, "You have to sellout to cashout"
-Noticed that I was beating someone with Marth vs their Ness in a friendly, taught them the Marth Killer edgeguard just to spite me.
-Has won so many in-state tournaments many people just call 1st place prize money the Reflex Fund.

17. Ninkendo64
-Plays Mario....enough said
-Has a pocket Fox, because why not
-And secondaries Kirby and Yoshi....does the cheese ever stop
-Photobombed an Auburn only picture and now is more respected than Alias in Auburn. Also honorary Auburn if need be for crew battles :D
-Moved to Georgia..

18. Snugz
-Mains Link and Peach....thats dumb

I have more if you guys like these

Last edited:

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I will, of course, be selective in deciding what deserves to go on the top of the grime thread. Regardless, well done. Please continue.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Aww no fun lol jk, but both power and sounds tags are lowercase on purpose, plz change it or I will hear nothing but complaints

McGuffin

Smash Rookie
I am one of the main people who run the idagamer tournament. We now have no venue fee we had to change unexpectedly and we apologize but it is just a five dollar entry fee now that all goes to the pot and we have never refused prize money we once had to pay in in store credit because someone didnt pay the venue fee. We have been trying our hardest to keep this tournament running smoothly and it has be even harder with false rumors and exaggeration about the tournament we have one the first Saturday within the month it is a 5 dollar fee our next tournament will be the 6th of june. Thank you

Last edited:
Top Bottom