• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Akira Howard Enlists into Battle! (Astral Chain)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So the game is coming out tomorrow. Sadly, I can’t enjoy the game because I don’t have a switch it’s existence will remind me that school starts soon.

Unlike with FE: Three Houses, I’ll try to avoid seeing a play through of the whole thing but mainly just the first chapters so I can experience the rest for myself and just see more of what they can do. The inside cover of the physical copy already seems to have a spoiler though.

i wonder if theyd try to have all 5 legions or just the one

my guess would be the blade one would be the main one for a lot of the moveset and the other four appear for different moves
Yeah, the sword legion is what I bet they would go with, seems to be Akira’s main one seeing it’s what you start with and is on promotional material.

I could see the other appear as specials, I feel that having all 5 appear for their normals can be very time consuming and over complicated.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ok people the game is out so just a reminder to be careful with those spoilers, remember what you consider a spoiler and what other people consider a spoiler arent necessarily the same thing

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Be careful when looking up user reviews. People are review-bombing the game just because it's a Switch exclusive.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I’ve been playing through a bit of the game and lemme day, I’m having a damn ball. I’ll try to think of a moveset for Akira, so count me in as a supporter for Akira to debut in any Smash game in the future.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
My copy doesn't come until next week...

do platinum often feature humanity on the edge of extinction?
Not really. The only other Platinum game where humanity is on the edge of extinction is Nier: Automata, but that's more due to Yoko Taro's story. Most of the time in Platinum's games, humanity is okay.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Minor spoilers ahead:

Okay, so the combat will start off a little clunky until the end of the second File (chapter). For those of you who are just starting the game: keep playing, it gets considerably better. Essentially, you're not fully awakened (I believe the in-game term is "True Legionitis" or something) at the beginning of the game. However, once you are, the flow of combat and the control you have over your Legion improves, to say the least. Initially, you kind of throw your Legion out and it auto attacks, and occasionally you'll do cool stuff with your chain. However, once you awaken, you gain new abilities and attack in tandem. Then eventually you'll fight like THIS.

The game encourages you to backtrack and replay chapters on harder difficulties. It's a little hand-holdy at first (for good reason: there's a lot to learn) and it might seem awkward, but once it clicks and everything falls into place, the game is soooo fun.

I'm not that far into the game. I spent a lot time fooling around at the base, and I'm trying to do all of the side content and get S rank on the missions and stuff. I played for like... 7 hours and I'm on File 3. The game is perfect.

I'll probably post a picture of my MC once I unlock more costumes/colours. I love how my twins look nothing like their father lol.

Last edited:

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Their smash moveset are basically already made within Astral Chain lmao
The game is fantastic, and just seeing the movement options and gimmicks makes me want them in Smash even more x)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Not really. The only other Platinum game where humanity is on the edge of extinction is Nier: Automata, but that's more due to Yoko Taro's story. Most of the time in Platinum's games, humanity is okay.
well in wonderful 101 theyre faced with a world ending threat so arguable theyre facing extinction there

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I'm now at the beginning of chapter 4 and...wow...it's soooo good.

My only (minor) complaint is that i would've preferred an actual protagonist and not just an avatar or at least something like Robin or Corrin with personality. There where already a few cutscenes that could have been even better, if the hero could talk. But at least the facial expressions in the main cutscenes are very good and deliver quiet the emotions.

I use the default female version because i freaking love her design. The male one is good too but the female might be one of my favorite designs in a Nintendo-Game in recent memory. I named my character Misaki, one of the possible suggestions (because i suck at naming characters).

As a possible moveset i could see using one legion for smash-attacks (they appear for the smash-attack and then disappear immediately) and one for certain special-moves like the arrow-legion for a neutral-special.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
playing the game just reinforces the idea that they shouldnt call them akira, maybe howard or neuron or maybe one of the random names

use the default female version because i freaking love her design. The male one is good too but the female might be one of my favorite designs in a Nintendo-Game in recent memory.
really but the designings are basically the same bar the leggings

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
well in wonderful 101 theyre faced with a world ending threat so arguable theyre facing extinction there
Humanity is always threatened in a lot of Platinum's games. I assumed your post was about games from Platinum where humanity being struck by a cataclysm or disaster serves as a backdrop for the setting.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Both Howards have a ton of personality; it just so happens that the one you use is the quiet one lol. One gets to do all of the cool stuff while the other gets to say all of the cool stuff. That actually gave me an incentive to beat the game as both twins. Although I think there's a certain charm to silent protagonists who kick butt (see: Link, Adol Christin, etc.).

If they make it in Smash, I hope that the other twin cheers for you in the background like the Pokemon trainer.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
playing the game just reinforces the idea that they shouldnt call them akira, maybe howard or neuron or maybe one of the random names

really but the designings are basically the same bar the leggings
Yeah, but they don’t really have a canon name either, if they did I would go for it. But I don’t really want the main character’s name in Smash to be a title since I feel it devalues their character.

The only time time Smash uses titles is either because they either are complete blank slates (Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, the Miis), represent a class (Hero), or is part of that character’s identity (Snake, Joker).

Both Howards have a ton of personality; it just so happens that the one you use is the quiet one lol. One gets to do all of the cool stuff while the other gets to say all of the cool stuff. That actually gave me an incentive to beat the game as both twins. Although I think there's a certain charm to silent protagonists who kick butt (see: Link, Adol Christin, etc.).

If they make it in Smash, I hope that the other twin cheers for you in the background like the Pokemon trainer.
The protagonist is akin to Byleth. Despite being silent characters they still have fleshed out personalities that shine at important scenes.

But man, I’m not really sure how they’ll tackle Akira’s character in Smash. Would they have both talking and battling traits of the twins? Would they use the name Akira because of that? It’s kinda confusing.

On a side note, I could see both of the twins appearing together on a Victory Screen, at least to reference that they’re not just gender versions of each other.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Alright, I think I got a good moveset for Akira! Keep in mind, I just reached Chapter 4, so I might not have nailed it here, but A for effort, right? I will be using the female alt for this one.

Overview: Akira is a mobile and versatile character who's good at fighting at all ranges with her Legions. Her grabs are good for combo starting and her transforming X-Baton makes her attacks good at spacing and building up damage. With her Legion out, she has great stage control thanks to the chain that binds her to it, and is good at capitalizing on each Legion's strengths. Legions aside however, her kill options are unreliable, and even then, her opponents can also capitalize on each Legion's weaknesses if need be. Additionally, her light weight and slow air speed make her a sitting duck off-stage if her Legions are unavailable.

Jab: Two horizontal swipes with her X-Baton before lunging with it. Holding/Mashing A will instead shoot her X-Pistol as her rapid jab before shooting a final hit.

F-tilt: A lunging jab with the X-Baton.

U-tilt: An overhead arcing swing with the X-Baton similar to Ridley’s U-tilt.

D-tilt: A sliding kick similar to the likes found with Cloud or Joker.

Dash Attack: Akira jumps and does a downwards flip kick on the opponent similarly to Bouncing Fish.

Pummel: A simple collar grab. Akira will jam the handle of her X-Baton into the opponent’s face.

F-throw: Akira reels her hands back, clasps them together and cudgels them in the face.

D-throw: Akira smashes the opponent into the ground with a graceful Frankensteiner.

B-throw: Akira grabs the opponent’s wrist, pulls them behind her then elbows their back along the way.

U-throw: Akira pushes the opponent down towards the ground before smashing her X-Baton in a way that makes them bounce off the ground and upwards.

N-air: Akira temporarily releases Round Sword around herself, dealing multiple hits of damage.

F-air: Akira shoots a burst of shots from her X-Pistol.

D-air: Akira swipes the X-Baton beneath her, similarly to Joker’s D-air.

B-air: Akira shoots a burst of shots from her X-Pistol.

U-air: Akira performs a high kick similar to Hero’s U-tilt.

Side Smash: Akira readies her pistol and fires a charged shot in her direction. This can be angled upwards or downwards for maximum utility.

Up Smash: Akira swings her X-Gladius over herself, similarly to Ike/Ganondorf.

Down Smash: Akira stabs the ground in front of her with her X-Gladius before performing a spinning kick around it while holding the sword in her hands. Based on one of her attacks with the X-Gladius.

Neutral Special: Call Legion: Akira will summon one of five Legions, similarly to Shulk’s Monado Arts. A Legion will hone in towards an opponent and automatically attack. Legions have different advantages and disadvantages. However, they run on a Gauge and cannot be re-summoned if said Gauge hits 0. If a Legion is hit while they're out, their depletion of the Gauge will be hastened. Mashing B will dispel the Legion earlier, while tapping B will swap between recalling the Legion or causing the Legion to charge forwards.
  • Sword Legion: The first Legion in the game. The Sword Legion has two sword arms that it will use to barrage the opponent. As far as Legions go, the Sword Legion is your most balanced.
  • Arrow Legion: A Legion with a great projectile game. The Arrow Legion has a radius of a 50-MP Magic Burst, with projectiles being as powerful as Samus' Charge Beam at 50%.
  • Arm Legion: A Legion with big beefy arms. The Arm Legion is great at rushdown and burst damage. The Arm Legion also has super armor while it attacks.
  • Beast Legion: A mobile Legion with speedy attacks. Akira can jump on the Beast Legion’s back to ride on top of them similarly to Gogoat, further increasing her mobility.
  • Axe Legion: A Legion great at spacing and counterplay. The Axe Legion has slow axe attacks that are good for spacing. While this Legion is summoned, the Axe Legion will raise the Shield instead of Akira herself.
Side Special: Grenade: Akira will throw a grenade in her direction, creating an explosion that deals electrical damage similar to Link’s Remote Bombs. Unlike Snake’s Grenades, they aren’t considered items, and instantly is thrown.

Up Special: Legion Jump: Akira will command a Legion to go forwards in a path determined in the direction of the joystick. The moment the button is released, the Legion will pull Akira up towards it. If an opponent is touching the chain when the Legion reels her in, Akira will attack any opponents in her wake.

Down Special: Legion Control: Automatically summon the last Legion you used to manually control it. As it goes out, the chain will go farther. If the chain wraps around any opponents, they will be held in place with Chain Bind, leaving them open to attack. If the opponent runs into the chain, the player can press A at the right time to sling them back with Chain Counter. Pressing B will transfer control back to Akira.

Final Smash: Astral Raid: Akira drags the opponent(s) into a portal to the Astral Plane, where all five of her Legions start wailing on the opponent before Akira deals a final blow that sends them flying.

I don't know exactly what would be a better Final Smash, but again, I've only played to Chapter 4 of the game, so...

Note: I had to look up the martial art Taiho-Jutsu for her grabs, which seem fitting enough considering Akira's background as a police officer.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Humanity is always threatened in a lot of Platinum's games. I assumed your post was about games from Platinum where humanity being struck by a cataclysm or disaster serves as a backdrop for the setting.
perhaps i used the wrong phrase

Yeah, but they don’t really have a canon name either, if they did I would go for it. But I don’t really want the main character’s name in Smash to be a title since I feel it devalues their character.

The only time time Smash uses titles is either because they either are complete blank slates (Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, the Miis), represent a class (Hero), or is part of that character’s identity (Snake, Joker).

The protagonist is akin to Byleth. Despite being silent characters they still have fleshed out personalities that shine at important scenes.

But man, I’m not really sure how they’ll tackle Akira’s character in Smash. Would they have both talking and battling traits of the twins? Would they use the name Akira because of that? It’s kinda confusing.
perhaps referring to them as howard would, the character is referred to as such at times

youve clearly been playing a different version of 3 houses from me, wft has more personality than byleth

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Just got the Beast Legion. It’s a little hard to control when riding it, but I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it.

Also, can I say something? Never in my life would I ever dream of finding a tsundere vending machine. And yet I find one in this game. It’s just so...I dunno, surreal.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I know what final smash they'd have. Massive spoilers below.

Legion Fusion!

Although I like the idea of all of the Legions doing their signature moves at once.

Also, apparently this game was in development before Nier Automata; that's at least circa 2014. I think that helps the character's chances somewhat. I can realistically see them in Smash Ultimate one day.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i think the astral plane would make a decent stage, certainly has an atmosphere not yet seen in smash

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Here's how I imagine Akira in Smash after getting about halfway through Astral Chain. Using all the Legions might be a bit much, but take it as an ideal fantasy or whatever:

Neutral Special: Holding the button opens up the Legion Wheel, similar to Shulk's Monado Art Wheel. Unlike with the Arts, I imagine each Legion would have the same cooldown. Pressing the special button after summoning a Legion sends it forwards a fixed distance to perform an automatic combo. This combo can be canceled by pressing the button again, which summons the Legion to your side. Summoning the Legion to your side while the opponent is touching the chain could have an effect of some kind? Unlike Arsene, another stand-like helper character, the Legions have hurtboxes and can be hit, which makes the cooldown timer tick down faster. Using normal attacks while a Legion is out makes them perform their own normals.

Up Special: This move is the same regardless of the Legion. You fling them diagonally upwards using the chain and they pull you along with them. Think Ice Climbers' Belay.

Down Special: X-Baton form change. For simplicity's sake it might be better to change only between the gun and baton forms, limiting the gladius form to smash attacks where the X-Baton changes to it automatically. The baton form is pretty simple, offering a decent disjointed range to the attacks that use it (some normals and aerials might be kicks?) and having decent frame data. The gun form has longer range, but deals less knockback, not being able to kill until really high percentages. For balance reasons might not deal knockback at all when hitting at max range.

Side Special: A Legion specific attack. This is based on my knowledge of each Legion so far, so there might be more fitting moves, but these are my suggestions for now. Using each move uses a chunk of the cooldown meter.
The Sword Legion uses a sword slash with big range. Holding down the special let's you use the control stick to determine the angle of the slash, altering the hitbox and knockback angle.
The Arrow Legion shoots arrows straight upwards through the top of the screen, and after some time the arrows land a fixed distance away from where they were shot (not all in the same exact spot, more like forming a mat of arrows after they've landed).
The Arm Legion unleashes a barrage of 3-5 punches. If they hit, it executes the rest of the move, continuing the barrage and finally launching the opponent upwards with significant KO power. Think Mii Brawler's Flashing Mach Punch. This move may actually work like the "L-move" of the Arm Legion in Astral Chain, where it becomes an armor around you. This would also give the move an additional property of stalling you in the air, just like how it makes you float in Astral Chain.
The Beast Legion dashes forward and if it hits an enemy, binds them with the Astral Chain, preventing them from moving for a time. Works as a command grab. If the Beast Legion is hit while dashing forwards, the move is canceled.
The Axe Legion forms a protective barrier around itself (and Akira if executed while close) that reflects projectiles and absorbs attacks. Can be held for a time, and when released, unleashes an explosion if it was hit with an attack. The power of the explosion depends on the power of the attack that hit the barrier. Note: I haven't unlocked the Axe Legion yet, so this is probably the most inaccurate representation since it's only based on what I've observed from Max's use of it and what it will be able to do according to IRIS.

Final Smash: activates similarly to Robin's, only instead of summoning Chrom they summon their twin. If the twin's attack hits, activates a cutscene where each Legion attacks one after another and Akira delivers the final blow together with his/her twin.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well as i suspected

you get to dress up as lappy which i guess makes it a legitimate costume for smash, might be worth it just for sheer bewilderment it would cause among people who havent played astral chain

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I just finished File 6, and I just got arrested for busting into Zone 09, and I also discovered Raven, which my brother (I'm playing the female character, mind you) has joined, and this weird black Legion that Akira has. I'm in a cell right now, only pausing because it gave me the "Charge the console" notification, and I dunno how it's gonna go from here. I'm gonna let my Switch charge up for a bit, then I'm gonna jump back in. I have no idea why I don't have the Axe Legion yet, but I sure do hope I get it in File 7.

FINALLY! Got the Axe Legion. It's pretty slow, and the fact that it constantly has a barrier up makes it a little harrowing, but I can manage. I still don't know much about Raven, but I'm sure I'll figure that out. Also, I might've been slow, but I found out that that form she took when she stabbed Akira was her after drinking Blue Evolve. But the weird thing is, she was back to normal after that. And that winged form of hers is something crazy, too. Hope to fight her soon.

Last edited:

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Hmm with more DLC being announced and Astral Chain selling pretty damn good. Especially in the UK, I totally see an Astral Chain rep, and I hope so too.

Does Nintendo own the full rights?
Also is there an icon for signatures?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hmm with more DLC being announced and Astral Chain selling pretty damn good. Especially in the UK, I totally see an Astral Chain rep, and I hope so too.

Does Nintendo own the full rights?
Also is there an icon for signatures?
not quite nintendo share the rights with platinum and the main character design belong to the guy who designed them, but i think if the next lot of characters are being chosen around now then that could mean good things for us especially if it turns out the whole smash team is playing it, after all thats how corrin got in

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
not quite nintendo share the rights with platinum and the main character design belong to the guy who designed them, but i think if the next lot of characters are being chosen around now then that could mean good things for us especially if it turns out the whole smash team is playing it, after all thats how corrin got in
Hmmm, out of curiosity, do you know if Wonderful 101 is fully owned by Nintendo.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I finished the story for Astral Chain.

What. A. ****ing. Ride. I was blown away by every twist and turn in the game. I felt raw power with my Legion at my disposal, and the boss fights, especially against Noah, were an absolute blast. I also really love the fact that my Legion can fuse with me, basically becoming White Album (Hey, it’s like a Stand, I’m sure you can see that.) I hope to the end of time that Sakurai adds Akira to Smash Bros, and will look forward to them no matter what comes up.

With that out of the way, I’ve been thinking about how Akira would interact with the characters. I can definitely see them getting a little suspicious with Joker, considering he’s a Phantom Thief, and could bond with Snake over...well, people who’ve played through the story could probably figure that out.

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
After beating the game and loving it, I absolutely want Akira in Smash now. There's tons of ideas that could be implemented in Smash. And I even brainstormed a potential moveset with some references (though not everything).

Overview:
Akira can be viewed as a combination of Shulk, Joker, and Rosalina & Luma. Their playstyle focuses on "synchronized energy" meaning feeling like you're controlling two characters at once like in Astral Chain. Akira relies on 5 different types of Legions to assist him/her in battle. They will attack when Akira attacks. Each one has their own unique trait. Akira also has a weapon called an X-Baton that switches between 3 forms: baton, blaster, and gladius.

Legions:
Sword - The most balanced Legion, focuses on attacks
Arrow - Adds ranged projectiles to attacks
Arm - Increases grab range and throw power
Beast - Increases running speed, can be ridden
Axe - Increases defense and shield durability

The Legions cannot be out forever. Akira has his/her own energy gauge that keeps track of how long a Legion can be out. Unlike Arsene, Legions can be hit and will consume the energy gauge much faster. If it hits zero, Akira cannot summon a Legion until it fully recharges. This is important for special moves. So if you're close to low energy, it's best to dismiss your Legion to reserve and let it recharge. Special moves can still be used as long as Akira has energy, even if it's just 1.

Attacks:
Dash attack - Akira slides forward (a la Cloud and Mega Man's D-Tilt)
F-Tilt - 3 hit combo with baton
D-Tilt - a leg sweep
N-Air - an axe kick
F-Air - 3 hit combo with baton, similar to F-Tilt
Side Smash - Shoots blaster, attacks changes depending on it being charged
Uncharged - similar to Mii Gunner, short range
Charged - similar to Mega Man, longer range the more it's charge
Up Smash - a Flash Kick
Down Smash - spins around with gladius, like Shulk but shorter range

Special Moves:
Neutral B - Legion Call - Opens up a menu to call upon one of five Legions. Alternatively, you can keep pressing B to scroll through them. Tapping B repeatedly will dismiss the Legion.

Side B- Send Legion - Pressing the button will send the Legion out at a fixed distance. Holding the button will allow you to control where you want to send the Legion. Pressing B will call the Legion back to you. Double tapping foward while holding will allow Akira to Chain Jump to their Legion. Those in the chain's path will get hit when Akira makes the jump.

Down B - Chain Wrap Counter - Akira enters a counter stance, and if hit, a Legion will come out wrap the opponent in chains. If used too much, it will be easier to break out of the chains or it will not work at all.

Up B - Chain Lift - Akira sends out the Sword Legion to lift him/her up. Works much like Ice Climbers' Up-B. Opponents will be hit as Akira comes up. Akira can still act after using this, but not use special moves.

Final Smash - Sync Attack
Akira sends out their Legion forward and wraps their opponents in chains. Then Akira rushes in and they attack all out with the Legion. There're 5 different versions of this FS, but they function the same. It changes depending on the Legion if one is out right now, or sends out a random one if there isn't one out.
Sword version
Arrow version
Arm version
Beast version
Axe version

Last edited:

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
After beating the game and loving it, I absolutely want Akira in Smash now. There's tons of ideas that could be implemented in Smash. And I even brainstormed a potential moveset with some references (though not everything).

Overview:
Akira can be viewed as a combination of Shulk, Joker, and Rosalina & Luma. Their playstyle focuses on "synchronized energy" meaning feeling like you're controlling two characters at once like in Astral Chain. Akira relies on 5 different types of Legions to assist him/her in battle. They will attack when Akira attacks. Each one has their own unique trait. Akira also has a weapon called an X-Baton that switches between 3 forms: baton, blaster, and gladius.

Legions:
Sword - The most balanced Legion, focuses on attacks
Arrow - Adds ranged projectiles to attacks
Arm - Increases grab range and throw power
Beast - Increases running speed, can be ridden
Axe - Increases defense and shield durability

The Legions cannot be out forever. Akira has his/her own energy gauge that keeps track of how long a Legion can be out. Unlike Arsene, Legions can be hit and will consume the energy gauge much faster. If it hits zero, Akira cannot summon a Legion until it fully recharges. This is important for special moves. So if you're close to low energy, it's best to dismiss your Legion to reserve and let it recharge. Special moves can still be used as long as Akira has energy, even if it's just 1.

Attacks:
Dash attack - Akira slides forward (a la Cloud and Mega Man's D-Tilt)
F-Tilt - 3 hit combo with baton
D-Tilt - a leg sweep
N-Air - an axe kick
F-Air - 3 hit combo with baton, similar to F-Tilt
Side Smash - Shoots blaster, attacks changes depending on it being charged
Uncharged - similar to Mii Gunner, short range
Charged - similar to Mega Man, longer range the more it's charge
Up Smash - a Flash Kick
Down Smash - spins around with gladius, like Shulk but shorter range

Special Moves:
Neutral B - Legion Call - Opens up a menu to call upon one of five Legions. Alternatively, you can keep pressing B to scroll through them. Tapping B repeatedly will dismiss the Legion.

Side B- Send Legion - Pressing the button will send the Legion out at a fixed distance. Holding the button will allow you to control where you want to send the Legion. Pressing B will call the Legion back to you. Double tapping foward while holding will allow Akira to Chain Jump to your Legion. Those in the chain's path will get hit when Akira makes the jump.

Down B - Chain Wrap Counter - Akira enters a counter stance, and if hit, a Legion will come out wrap the opponent in chains. If used too much, it will be easier to break out of the chains or it will not work at all.

Up B - Chain Lift - Akira sends out the Sword Legion to lift him/her up. Works much like Ice Climbers' Up-B. Opponents will be hit as Akira comes up. Akira can still act after using this, but not use special moves.

Final Smash - Sync Attack
Akira sends out their Legion forward and wraps their opponents in chains. Then Akira rushes in and they attack all out with the Legion. There're 5 different versions of this FS, but they function the same. It changes depending on the Legion if one is out right now, or sends out a random one if there isn't one out.
Sword version
Arrow version
Arm version
Beast version
Axe version
Really good moveset :D Especialy with the legions' characteristics
I think the Legion Call should be Down B because the neutral B has to be a move that could be used by Kirby as well, and I don't think the devs would go as far as let Kirby use 5 legions in his moveset (although that would be amazing lmao)
Neutral B should be the Blaster IMO, and the smash attacks should only utilize the Gladius ala Ganondorf
You can probably mix the Side B and Down B you came up with together, like how you could chain wrap the opponent and just control the legion wherever you want to chain jump, etc...
The final smash is great also, but if the devs don't feel like doing five different FS they could just do an "all out attack" like final smash with all five legions at once or just the "MASSIVE SPOILER" although I don't think Sakurai would do that for a recent game lol

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well I just beat this game and I have to say, it's pretty fantastic!

I'd ask you to put me on the supporter's list, but uh, doesn't look like you're interested in updating this thread anytime soon, lol.

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
Really good moveset :D Especialy with the legions' characteristics
I think the Legion Call should be Down B because the neutral B has to be a move that could be used by Kirby as well, and I don't think the devs would go as far as let Kirby use 5 legions in his moveset (although that would be amazing lmao)
I think regarding Kirby, they could force him to lose the ability if he runs out of energy like with Robin and Inkling and maybe not allow him to recharge.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think regarding Kirby, they could force him to lose the ability if he runs out of energy like with Robin and Inkling and maybe not allow him to recharge.
That or, and this might not sit well with some people, just limit Kirby to the Sword Legion.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Personally, I would imagine that Akira's moveset implementation would take some cues from Bayonetta's, given that both of them are Stylish Action/Character Action characters made by Platinum. If Sakurai finds a way to implement the Legion's free movement into Akira, it would make for an extremely unique character.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I see the legion being a cross of Arsene and Luma.

Akira would need to be below average without the legion and need teamwork between them to be their most effective.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I see the legion being a cross of Arsene and Luma.

Akira would need to be below average without the legion and need teamwork between them to be their most effective.
I mean Rosalina even with Luma is kinda underwhelming in this game so undermining Akira too much without the Legion would just result in Rosalina 2.0.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I mean Rosalina even with Luma is kinda underwhelming in this game so undermining Akira too much without the Legion would just result in Rosalina 2.0.
Not exactly. For one thing, Akira wouldn't be nearly as tall.

Real question would be, would the Legion have it's own HP or would it add to Akira's %?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Real question would be, would the Legion have it's own HP or would it add to Akira's %?
The puppet and the master worked in S4 because of it's defensive nature, if Akira's toolkit isn't good enough to be decent enough on his/her own, they'll end up the same as Rosalina here. Personally I think they'll make the Legion have a durability system.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

I feel the Legion should have its own HP. It’s kind of how it worked in Astral Chain.

As for how the Legion would work, I’d imagine it being like if Popo could directly command Nana, and Nana depletes over time like Arsene. I feel like taking from Luma would really detract from Akira’s competitive viability, so making it like a manually-controlled Nana could work.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
As someone who’s a big Bayonetta fan, should I get Astral Chain? Or should I wait for a sale?

I’m a bit tight on moola so I can either get this or Dragon Quest this month.

Top Bottom