• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air release>regrab on Wario

Status
Not open for further replies.

kismet2

Smash Ace
You can CG Wario to the ledge to force an air release. You can double jab>regrab or double jab spam. Profit :awesome:

The Wario can UpB out if you mess up the jab cancel though so you'll have to be very careful.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that you can also dair out of a grab release so once you feel like you got enough repetitions out of it then you can regrab>spike

EDIT2: Wario can hold away to get out but puts him in a position to be edgeguarded also if you feel like the Wario will DI away from you, you still get a ftilt after double jab

Ultimate~Anarchy

Smash Rookie
Seems very useful in my opinion.
Can anyone make a YouTube video about this air release to grab on Wario?
I think I may understand 100% if I had a visual. I'll try this technique and if I succed I will post the video on the thread.

Edit: This technique can work the first time when used unexpectedly.
The air release to jab cancel can be sdi down or to the right.
The dair on the other hand works, but Wario can survive IF he has his bike.
(Just tested this, it was worth the shot though.)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I thought jab cancel was -6 on hit...so if that's true then it's not real.
And SDI exists, so it's not real.
And are you sure the jab is guaranteed? Cause ZSS can't even dsmash him out of air release and her dsmash is huge (Wario can either hold away and jump, or bike away)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
The gasp.
We can Fsmash Wario for 16% after the Air release.
So.. Why Bother Spiking or Jabbing when you can tack on hard damage ?

kismet2

Smash Ace
@1PokeMastr for pressure. fsmash wouldn't put wario in a position to be gimped. you can follow up from a jab, not a fsmash. however, i'm not saying that fsmash is a bad option especially if you're looking for guaranteed damage. the jab can lead into a gimp if you get a good read and it also leaves wario offstage which lets you control his recovery.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Fsmash doesn't put him in a Position to be gimped, but, it does put him far enough off stage where you can read what he's going to do for more damage.

If I wanted to Jab after something, I would do it after D-Throw.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
From personal experience, jabs work better for forcing Wario to lose his double jump for that gimp which makes it better to do if he's not in kill range IMO.

xzx

Smash Lord
A video of this would be appreciated! (Also, we Warios are discussing you in our MU-thread. Pay a visit!)

I think there are many other set-ups out of releases from the edge we could get. Falco is probably the only character which can forcibly get a character to the ledge for a grab other than DDD and ICs. Its just really hard to find anything that's better than CG -> Spike.

Even in this case for Wario, I think you have a better chance of getting Wario KO'd from a CG -> spike than air release w/e options. Dthrow puts them further offstage than an air release making a spike harder to DI. And Wario has to get through you somehow in order to recover. If you time it right, you hit him with a spike or get him further offstage for some Bair punching.

But does Jab really hit from an air release? I thought he could jump out above the height of a jab.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I'll try this the next time I play against Wario. If I can, I'll also put up a video for everyone.

Ultimate~Anarchy

Smash Rookie
Speaking of Wario, don't we have a tire lock on Wario too?

And the Air release re-grab on Wario may work when not expected. Wario can SDI the second jab downwards and the recover with his motor bike. But if the Wario falls for it again (not sdi you can do the process again) you can buffer a dair and spike Wario.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I feel like the jabbing would only work if this hasn't happened to the Wario before. Kismet, does this work on Reflex?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Just D-Air afterward, IMO. It works all the time, is still good damage, and puts Wario in a very scary position. As a bonus, it puts Wario further away from the ledge before the D-Air, meaning that SDI has to be pretty much perfect to slide back on the stage. I've taken to just SDI'ing the D-Air up and biking away from the stage to deal with it reliably. Jab can get SDI'd, so don't use it too often.

I can confirm that this is definitely a thing that works. Also, if you wait for a bit before using whatever follow-up after the air release, you can eat a Wario's double-jump if he uses it immediately after the release, which will net Falco an easy gimp. Either way, you could even give chase after the D-Air with a rising B-Air, N-Air, or U-Air, I imagine. Get creative.

kismet2

Smash Ace
@Poke Wario can DI your Fsmash upwards and recover from above and you don't want to chase Wario in the air but I admire your respect for Fsmash

@Larry No it's a gimmick for a Wario that doesn't know that it's going to happen(double jab regrab)

I was trying to mess around with different stuff because dair can be SDI'ed where you land back onto the stage. Wario can just DI the spike away, bike, and recover from above, it's better to keep Wario level with you if he's offstage or below so you can harass him with lasers or sexkick bair to knock him off his bike. With the jab it puts Wario in your face if they choose to DI away and you're put in a position where you can react to what recover option they use, if he jumps you can cover it with a jab lol. Less damage but more options. With the amount of damage we can get off of a chaingrab anyways, might as well not worry about getting extra 8-9%.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
You can attempt to camp him, and, I prefer damage over positioning to a degree.
Though, it could be used as a Mix up if you get the same situation again.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I like this idea and will use it to torture the dysfunctional Warios of this state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom