• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

air hammer on sv

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
it platform drop through cancels so you can basically first hit air hammer > anything

EDIT: there is no landing lag at all, kirby just goes from hitbox to standing animation

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm still am not quite sure what you are saying, even with the edit lol
the hammer cancels inside the platform like with a regular aerials but with a hitbox out for instant before the standing animation

Triple R

Smash Lord
Yeah, I went in and tried stuff, but I couldn't get anything to happen that seems like what you are saying happens.

If you could put a video up that would be helpful if possible.

Otherwise you might need a more detailed explanation. Are you saying it is similar to how you can dair at the height of your jump and you'll be standing on the platform? So you hammer at the height of your jump? There's so many questions such as timing and other things.

One sentence explanations are not very helpful.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yeah, I went in and tried stuff, but I couldn't get anything to happen that seems like what you are saying happens.

If you could put a video up that would be helpful if possible.

Otherwise you might need a more detailed explanation. Are you saying it is similar to how you can dair at the height of your jump and you'll be standing on the platform? So you hammer at the height of your jump? There's so many questions such as timing and other things.

One sentence explanations are not very helpful.
its like how you dair at the height of your jump except you have to come from below/inside the platform with a hammer thats hitbox comes out about the same time you would start dairing normally.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
you know how when you jump from below the platform on SV and do an aerial and it cancels your jump early into a standing animation? samething only it only cancels if you hit someone or someones shield, you can hit **** with hammer>grab on shield and they cant do anythin about it

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
No you can't. Many reasons why I know you're lying, but the ones I'm going to point out is that 1) you can't make a hitbox start earlier than it does by "cancelling" an attack. When you cancel, you completely stop the attack where it is... and 2) using sideB anytime at all will give you RCO lag no matter what you do. There is no way around landing with some lag after doing an aerial hammer, and the only way you can land without lagging as much is by landing while executing an attack that has less landing lag.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
No you can't. Many reasons why I know you're lying, but the ones I'm going to point out is that 1) you can't make a hitbox start earlier than it does by "cancelling" an attack. When you cancel, you completely stop the attack where it is... and 2) using sideB anytime at all will give you RCO lag no matter what you do. There is no way around landing with some lag after doing an aerial hammer, and the only way you can land without lagging as much is by landing while executing an attack that has less landing lag.
1. you have to time the platform cancel so that the hitbox is out while you are landing
2. hammer doesnt RCO lag if the hitbox is hitting something while you are coming in contact with the ground

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
1. you have to time the platform cancel so that the hitbox is out while you are landing
2. hammer doesnt RCO lag if the hitbox is hitting something while you are coming in contact with the ground
Like I said, you will suffer RCO lag regardless of anything you do (unless you land with a move, then you suffer that move's landing lag).

Want to prove me wrong? Video.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Like I said, you will suffer RCO lag regardless of anything you do (unless you land with a move, then you suffer that move's landing lag).

Want to prove me wrong? Video.
lol, I guess enjoy not being able to use this until some scrub takes credit for it with a video then.

EDIT: ISJR hammer>platform canceled 2nd jump has a similar effect

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You could've just uploaded a replay file, but I see how it is. Guess the AT isn't real if you gave up that quick and didn't even make a big deal out of it, or at least have a single person back you up on it.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You could've just uploaded a replay file, but I see how it is. Guess the AT isn't real if you gave up that quick and didn't even make a big deal out of it, or at least have a single person back you up on it.
i dont have the time or means to upload it, believe it or not thats asking alot when it would take two seconds and maybe ten trys to confirm its VERY easy. I'm sure someone else will eventually try it and back me up. or steal it. ya know w.e works.

it only cancels if the hitbox lands on something btw

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I just tried out everything I could to prove to myself that this doesn't work.

It doesn't work. LOL.

I'll even record a video tomorrow if you need one, but you're sorely mistaken on the RCO lag. You're also mistaken that Aerial Hammer can platform cancel, because it can't.

I performed the following situations:

- Attempted to platform cancel Aerial Hammer on a standing opponent.
- Attempted to platform cancel Aerial Hammer on a shielding opponent.
- Hit the opponent on the ground just before Kirby hits the ground on the first swing and attempted to jab as quickly as possible after landing.
- Hit the shielding opponent on the ground just before Kirby hits the ground on the first swing and attempted to jab as quickly as possible after landing.
- Jumped and performed Aerial Hammer as quickly as possible on a standing opponent and attempted to jab as quickly as possible after landing.
- Jumped and performed Aerial Hammer as quickly as possible on a shielding opponent and attempted to jab as quickly as possible after landing.

And what did I find? Nothing new. There was no platform canceling (I even tried at least 5 different angles and heights), and the RCO lag never disappeared. The hitbox was indeed out and connecting as Kirby was landing, but the RCO lag remained because... well, that's what happens when you use Side B.

Did you know that you can run off a ledge and cancel Kirby's hammer animation completely if you time Side-B correctly? When he lands, he has RCO lag.

Unless you can put up a video of you performing this RCO lag-canceling technique, there's absolutely no way I can believe you.

By the way, in the time it took you to type up your entire post on how it would take two seconds and ten tries to find out that's it's "VERY easy", you could have gone in, recorded it with a phone/video camera and put it up on YouTube (or at least onto your computer to upload). You could have contacted someone you knew had such a recording device to help you and had it done in probably 15 minutes in the time it took you to type that post. Don't say you don't have the time to record when you have the time to come on here and try and explain this to us, and don't say you don't have the means when in this day and age almost everyone has something they can use to put up a video.

I hope you do put up a video because if this is real it would benefit Kirby greatly on SV and other stages where he can platform cancel, as well as improve his entire hammer game. LOL.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I just tried out everything I could to prove to myself that this doesn't work.

It doesn't work. LOL.

I'll even record a video tomorrow if you need one, but you're sorely mistaken on the RCO lag. You're also mistaken that Aerial Hammer can platform cancel, because it can't.

I performed the following situations:

- Attempted to platform cancel Aerial Hammer on a standing opponent.
- Attempted to platform cancel Aerial Hammer on a shielding opponent.
- Hit the opponent on the ground just before Kirby hits the ground on the first swing and attempted to jab as quickly as possible after landing.
- Hit the shielding opponent on the ground just before Kirby hits the ground on the first swing and attempted to jab as quickly as possible after landing.
- Jumped and performed Aerial Hammer as quickly as possible on a standing opponent and attempted to jab as quickly as possible after landing.
- Jumped and performed Aerial Hammer as quickly as possible on a shielding opponent and attempted to jab as quickly as possible after landing.

And what did I find? Nothing new. There was no platform canceling (I even tried at least 5 different angles and heights), and the RCO lag never disappeared. The hitbox was indeed out and connecting as Kirby was landing, but the RCO lag remained because... well, that's what happens when you use Side B.

Did you know that you can run off a ledge and cancel Kirby's hammer animation completely if you time Side-B correctly? When he lands, he has RCO lag.

Unless you can put up a video of you performing this RCO lag-canceling technique, there's absolutely no way I can believe you.

By the way, in the time it took you to type up your entire post on how it would take two seconds and ten tries to find out that's it's "VERY easy", you could have gone in, recorded it with a phone/video camera and put it up on YouTube (or at least onto your computer to upload). You could have contacted someone you knew had such a recording device to help you and had it done in probably 15 minutes in the time it took you to type that post. Don't say you don't have the time to record when you have the time to come on here and try and explain this to us, and don't say you don't have the means when in this day and age almost everyone has something they can use to put up a video.

I hope you do put up a video because if this is real it would benefit Kirby greatly on SV and other stages where he can platform cancel, as well as improve his entire hammer game. LOL.
black people cant afford cell phones, and you have to rising hammer.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I did. That's what platform canceling is, yo. LOL. Performing an aerial while rising under a moving platform so that the aerial is exactly where the platform is and it cancels the move entirely into your standing animation.

Also, even though I was rising, Aerial Hammer never rises when used. It only falls. It actually cancels the rest of your jump ascension and forces you to fall. You will never ascend while using aerial hammer unless a windbox pushes you up.

Are you trying to troll or something? :colorful: BTW, your argument is really faulty for why you don't have a cell phone. The more likely reason is you live in "UTAH" :awesome:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Gkirbz is the one that found this, he just told me i should post about it.

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if i should post this in here but since we are sorta on the topic of using air hammer if figured why not. I have recently thought about using its big shield push to push people off of platforms and such. i haven't really had a chance to actually try it out, but it seemed to work pretty well on wifi.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
That can work if you try to hit with the second swing after pushing your opponent off a platform with the first swing, but keep in mind that that's a little risky - some chars can Air Dodge the second swing and punish Kirby as he's landing. LOL.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Since the OP's proven to be a troll by more than one poster (I didn't try it, I'll be honest, I've just used sideB enough to know how it works), I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom