• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air dodging with a grenade in my hand so it explodes without hurting me

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
Is this a tactically worthwile endeavor in any situation, or is it pretty much reliably a bad idea almost all of the time? I know basically every move/ possible button combination input has some value in smash brothers because sometimes you have to do something unexpected, but is this something that sounds like it should be tactically incorporated, or is it one of those things thats so risky that even if it works once, the punish you face after that will basically loose you a stock, thus nullifying and undoing way more than any progress you may have made by executing it correctly the first or first few times?

Alex~

Smash Cadet
It's not really a good option, but if you can't reach the ground, Z dropping would probably be better, but if you CAN reach the ground, shielding is likely the best option by far.

Jazzy Jamboree

Smash Rookie
Seen prof do this a few times. Not sure if it was a tech skill error or intended but it's high risk and not terribly high reward. AGT or shielding is usually better.

Top Bottom