• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ahoy, Matey! Tetra Support Thread

?????????????

Smash Master

Why Tetra?
I think Tetra has a pretty good shot if there's ANY new Zelda character. She matches Zelda as a character in the same way Toon Link matches Link, but without being a blatant clone. She is introduced as a side character and almost "partner" to Link in Wind Waker, and retains that position and relationship with Link through that timeline.
Who's her competition?
Impa has a lot to offer as an important, recurring character as well. However, I think Tetra has more to offer playstyle-wise as a new character than Impa does with Sheik already being present in SSB.

Any additional villain character, like Vaati and Ghirahim, pale when compared to Ganondorf. They don't match him in the same way Tetra matches Zelda.​
Moveset?
Sheik has a ninja themed moveset? Tetra has a pirate themed moveset. Make use of things like cutlasses, grappling hooks, cannons, bombs, and rope. Ropes make a good reference to the way Tetra ties up the bomb shop owner as well as the rope challenges from Wind Waker.

You can even take this a step further and give Tetra a fighting style that's full-on rogue themed. Give her sneak attacks, trick attacks, athletic flips, and moves that make use of resourcefulness. Some examples? A pummel to a one-handed choke grab where Tetra stamps on her opponent's foot, or, one of my favorite moves I've seen for representing "resourcefulness," Tetra stomps on the ground, making a plank flip up from the ground to smack the opponent.​

This video isn't 100% what I'd do with Tetra's moveset, but it has good ideas:
Plausibility?
Since the leak, there has been a lot of buzz about Impa becoming a playable character. There are rumors that suggest so, but many of the rumors stem from the "Trophy Quiz Theory," which, with that as the basis, could mean that any Zelda character who hasn't already been deconfirmed could be the potential Zelda newcomer, including Tetra. In my eyes, Tetra still has as good a shot as Impa. Impa offers herself as a new Zelda character entirely, and one of the most recurring characters of the series to not yet be playable in SSB. However, I still believe that Tetra is a better match to go with Link, Zelda, Ganonodorf, and Toon Link, and I like the idea of Toon Link having a partner, or at least another "Toon Character" to go with him. Tetra offers all of this while still offering unique moveset possibility. Plus, Toon Link has been presented as a starting character, so Tetra could easily take up his place as a secret character from Brawl.

Supporters:
To be a supporter, just reply and say "I support" or something along those lines (Sorry if I missed ya. I was quickly scanning for the word "support" in comments).​
pizzadudemanguy, Brad-Rock, Swampasaur, Orca, KingofPhantoms47, FalKoopa, legendofrob1, BluePikmin11, Ariand/AEM, Kikwi-Kiwi, PixelPasta, Louie G., TumblrFamous, SuperBrawler, Brawler610, Young Horsetail, 8-peacock-8, Tepig2000, BridgesWithTurtles, SmasherMaster, APC99, OcarinaOfDoom, Aurora Jenny, God Robert's Cousin, MasteRMerF, PikminYoshi, SideburnGuru, Cpt., pikachugamer21, Mega Bidoof, mr.boombastic, AdmN30, Cobalsh, ProfPeanut, Scamper52596, skylatheevee14, WritersBlah, Sonsa

Last edited:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Tetra as a stand-alone character (without Toon Zelda) is the only way I'd accept her in Smash. She's perfectly capable of being an entirely unique character all on her own without TZ.

I give this thread two big thumbs up! ~

?????????????

Smash Master
Tetra as a stand-alone character (without Toon Zelda) is the only way I'd accept her in Smash. She's perfectly capable of being an entirely unique character all on her own without TZ.

I give this thread two big thumbs up! ~
Agreed! I wouldn't be opposed to a (unique) Toon Zelda, but it isn't a necessity.

And thank you!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Go Tetra!

I support!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tetra's honestly the only Zelda newcomer I can see happening at this point, haha. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing her. Plus, we can always use more pirates. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If no Impa, then yes please. If Impa, Tetra may still be there...

Provided we cut Sheik.

Now, let the ****storm begin.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In an attempt to calm the eye of the incoming storm down-

I fully support Tetra's inclusion. She (along with TZ) is one of my most wanted newcomers. I'd be fine if she was in without a TZ transformation.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
YES PLEASE! I fully support her, as you can see from my sig.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
tetra? yes, most likely character from zelda now with WWHD out and all.

I support!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Tetra is the only new Zelda character I would really accept into being playable in Smash Brothers. Next to Linebeck
You have my full support.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To be fair, most people were still quite torn of wether or not Toon Link would be coming back. But now that he is, I can realistically see Tetra (With Toon Zelda) happening. I support her.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'd like to see Tetra use cutlasses, daggers, bombs, and maybe even the Skull Hammer. She should also be able to launch herself in a barrel for a recovery!

I support her. While she is not my most wanted Zelda newcomer (that goes to Impa), I'd happily have her in the game.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sure, I'll support Tetra.
Toon Zelda is a little bit unnecessary, but Tetra is a character of her own and a quite important one at that.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Tetra you say?

Why she and Tingle are my only main wants for Zelda reps at this point.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Do I even have to answer? Of course I want her in! She's one of my most wanted, even without the Toon Zelda counterpart!

You should make a list of supporters on the OP, and maybe add some artwork up at the top. Just to get people more aware. I'm actually surprised there wasn't a Tetra thread until now. But yes, I support!

D

Deleted member

Wow. I was surprised that this wasn't made earlier.

While I hate the concept of two of the same character in the roster (2 Marios, 2 Links, etc.), I wouldn't mind Tetra at all. She would be a rather cool addition to be honest. So, you have my support! And I need to play more Wind Waker HD.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I support Toon Zelda and Tetra in any combination (only Zelda, only Tetra, or both), so count me in. We have a playable ninja in Sheik, so now we need a pirate (inb4Ridley/KingKRool).

If one-shot character Sheik can get in, then Tetra should definitely be considered a possibility.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I support Tetra. The main reason is because I agree that she is the closest thing to a sidekick to Link throughout all of the Zelda games. Zelda seems to be much more like Peach

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I support. Although Tingle's important, Tetra's a great choice. I want to have the obligatory Tetra v. Sheik fight, anyway!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
It's even possible to incorporate Toon Zelda into this, like Zelda and Sheik. The difference is that TETRA is the focus of the character, while "Toon Zelda" is the alter-ego. That's the way it's usually portrayed anyway.​
Definitely agree with OP on this. I've always thought it should be handled this way as well. In Ocarina of Time, we're introduced to Zelda first, and later find out that she is Sheik. In the "toon" games, Tetra is the character we see first, and is then revealed to be Zelda.​

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
Surprised I just found this thread. I'm glad there's so many Tetra supporters! I really am hoping that there's a chance this time around seeing as Wind Waker was just re-released.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Eh kinda of neutral on Tetra. I'd like her more than Toon Zelda, or Ghirahim.
But I want to see Tingle or Vaati more than her.

Plus I think I want to see Captain Syrup take the pirate spot and be Wario's rival...

Top Bottom