• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aggro Peach?

Amadeus

Smash Rookie
is it even possible to play an aggressive peach? I watch armada play and it doesnt seem like he's that aggressive, he's just a wall

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
It is possible to play a high level aggressive Peach, yes. Take a look at MacD, Xeltic, Vanz (I think, I haven't actually seen that much of his play) and DoH, and if you can find any good videos of him, Wife. Those 4 are among the best Peaches in the country - and arguably the world - and they play pretty agressive Peaches. Wife, in his prime, was without a doubt the best Peach in the country, and his Peach is hella aggressive. It is very difficult and you need to be pretty damn good to play aggressive Peach at a high level - and at a certain point it is pretty much impossible (Armada could definitly not play hyper-aggressive against any high level player, not even just the Gods but like the top 25 in the world he couldn't). Peach's meta, and the metas of the other characters, have developed such that Peach's strengths come from her being more defensive. If you enjoy playing Peach aggressively, DO IT! The game is all about having fun, and it isn't like you can't win like that, it is still a viable way to play Peach. However, a much better way to play Peach - As Armada and Kalamazhu have shown - is to play defensively.

TL;DR: It is possible yes. Play Peach however the hell you want, the game is about having fun, and as long as you're having fun you're a winner.

TL_MissingNo

Smash Rookie
A lot of people think Peach is a overall slower character, but I really think it's just a matter of how comfortable you are with her.

Because of her float cancelling I think it makes her one of the fastest characters in the game, so I would say as a result of that playing aggro is completely reasonable, but playing aggro doesn't mean just constantly going in. It means that you learn her more safe approaches and learn to force your opponent to play scared/on edge at all times. I think Using a lot of turnips to approach into FC Fair, FC Nair, and Uair combos do the best job to allow her to play aggro, but her approach game is fairly weak overall, especially in comparison to characters like Marth, and Fox, but like i said turnips open up a lot of approach options. The biggest problem with pulling turnips is the lag, so it sort f counteracts an aggro playstyle.

Generally speaking though playing a very safe approach game is your best bet if you want to play Peach aggressively. Learn her high priority moves and which moves come out the fastest so you can at the very least trade when you're applying pressure.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It is possible to play a high level aggressive Peach, yes. Take a look at MacD, Xeltic, Vanz (I think, I haven't actually seen that much of his play) and DoH, and if you can find any good videos of him, Wife. Those 4 are among the best Peaches in the country - and arguably the world - and they play pretty agressive Peaches. Wife, in his prime, was without a doubt the best Peach in the country, and his Peach is hella aggressive. It is very difficult and you need to be pretty damn good to play aggressive Peach at a high level - and at a certain point it is pretty much impossible (Armada could definitly not play hyper-aggressive against any high level player, not even just the Gods but like the top 25 in the world he couldn't). Peach's meta, and the metas of the other characters, have developed such that Peach's strengths come from her being more defensive. If you enjoy playing Peach aggressively, DO IT! The game is all about having fun, and it isn't like you can't win like that, it is still a viable way to play Peach. However, a much better way to play Peach - As Armada and Kalamazhu have shown - is to play defensively.

TL;DR: It is possible yes. Play Peach however the hell you want, the game is about having fun, and as long as you're having fun you're a winner.
Vidjo always had the edge as the best Peach in the US. As Vidjo faded, Xelic was the top placing Peach for a hot minute, then VaNz rose, then MacD snatched his wig.

I play pretty aggressively. My philosophy is that if you're death comboing them, they can't death combo you.

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
Aggro peach is the way to go except vs Puff n Marth tbh D:
How do you play aggro vs Shiek? I try to but I always end up playing more defensive because she destroys everything I try to do from float with needles and her wavedashinf allows her to weave in and out of my ground approaches. I end up having to rely solely on Turnips for an opening then try and capitalize hard on that opening.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
How do you play aggro vs Shiek? I try to but I always end up playing more defensive because she destroys everything I try to do from float with needles and her wavedashinf allows her to weave in and out of my ground approaches. I end up having to rely solely on Turnips for an opening then try and capitalize hard on that opening.
tbh i forgot about that match up, lol i barely play it, yeah you gotta play that conservatively, i just wouldnt say as conservatively as Marth or Puff :p

just gotta CC a lot vs her :p

Last edited:

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
I would consider myself super aggressive, but I'm also not very good .-.
Honestly though, I'm an extremely impatient person, and I get antsy if I'm not hitting them.

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
I would consider myself super aggressive, but I'm also not very good .-.
Honestly though, I'm an extremely impatient person, and I get antsy if I'm not hitting them.
I was like that for the last couple months, but the past few weeks I've really been hitting the !ab and I've started to slow down my playstyle, being more defensive rather than balls out aggreasuce like I used to be. I will find out tomorrowow if I'm able to perform and remain consistently defensive. Who knows?

Top Bottom