• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Against Marth. How do I get back on stage, from ledge?

Rottenyogurt

Smash Rookie
If the marth spaces correctly, it seems what ever I do from the ledge gets beat by either a D-Tilt, Fair or F-Smash or up-tilt. Getup attack is beaten out. Ledge hop fair seems to lose, Same with dropping off and approaching the marth from off stage with a Fair or Forward-B. Both are beaten by a Fair or a shield. And Rolling is just... C'mon, It might work once a game unpunished. I just seem to be stuck on the ledge, and I am afraid to leave and start floating around off stage because if I go back to ledge, He Down-Tilts. If I go Low on the stage He Grabs, Fairs or F-Smashes. And if I go High he Fairs or up-Tilts!!

How do I get past this sword guy? So I can go back to holding center stage :D

rivers

Smash Cadet
hop up, throw out [aerial], drift outside marth's range because he's gonna swing the sword, hit him and take stage position

Last edited:

SYKM

Smash Rookie
Sounds like your mix up game is suffering.
Don't let your drifting become predictable
ie mix fast falling and stalled aerials into your recovery

catfoodslvl100puff

Smash Rookie
Old thread but try dropping down from ledge>bair>drift. Try to wall back onto the stage until you hit a platform, but if you're on FD, I have no answers.

BabyPowder

Smash Rookie
hop up, throw out [aerial], drift outside marth's range because he's gonna swing the sword, hit him and take stage position
little harder said then done, first even though puff has amazing drift depending on how close they are to ledge "drifting out of range" is difficult without raising above the ledge and getting hit never mind getting back before the lag is over. I seem to be able to get past it sometime but overall im left with being patient with up b ledge grab stall until they get impatient and Fwrd smash giving me an opening

rivers

Smash Cadet
little harder said then done, first even though puff has amazing drift depending on how close they are to ledge "drifting out of range" is difficult without raising above the ledge and getting hit never mind getting back before the lag is over. I seem to be able to get past it sometime but overall im left with being patient with up b ledge grab stall until they get impatient and Fwrd smash giving me an opening
I mean yeah lmao

everything in this game is about nuance. sing stall is nice because it bores the **** out of people and a lot of times they will just accept that you're making it back onstage and will reset to neutral.

Top Bottom