• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After watching some of the 3.0 streams with Kirby...

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
...I guess the Smash 64 nair and fair were too good, huh? Or was there some other reason they weren't included in 3.0 (so far)?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Makes me wonder why they didn't include a Dair spike like in 64 as well, that would easily knock Kirby into high tier territory.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
I was gona say "a character with six jumps a pretty high up b and a low angle throw would be too good at the edge with a spike/meteor" but then again ROB is in the game so yeah kirby could need this if it turns out he isn't doing too well.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
having a spike doesn't immediately imply edgeguarding prowess, though

MK doesn't have a spike (that wouldn't just cause an SD, anyway) and he's the best edgeguarder in the game

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Is there still dair to footstool, though? As long as that's a possibility I'll be happy.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
he's good there because fifty bazillion gimping tools
fifty bazilion + 1. his dair.
Just because he has other options doesn't mean dair isn't useful.

having a spike doesn't immediately imply edgeguarding prowess, though

MK doesn't have a spike (that wouldn't just cause an SD, anyway) and he's the best edgeguarder in the game

A spike doesn't mean you are the best edgeguarder but not having a spike does take a away an option for an edge guard.

Otherwise its sounds like you guys are saying Kirby CAN have his 64 dair spike because its not going to make him a great edgeguarder because he also has other edgeguarding and gimping tools.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
holy **** this thread went in a different direction

I have no problem with his current dair. 64 speed dair would be too good IMO, but his 64 fair doesn't have meteor potential, so I was just wondering. I guess his Melee fair is good enough, and his nair seems buffed, so I really have no complaints. I'll just have to play him I guess.

GeZ

Smash Lord
holy **** this thread went in a different direction

I have no problem with his current dair. 64 speed dair would be too good IMO, but his 64 fair doesn't have meteor potential, so I was just wondering. I guess his Melee fair is good enough, and his nair seems buffed, so I really have no complaints. I'll just have to play him I guess.
Nair has much more priority now, making it surprisingly good at stuffing stuff you wouldn't expect it to stuff. The Fair seems buffed up so it's worth using, as it combos into other aerials.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure nair was changed from an aesthetic point of view, and ended up with more functionality than the sex kick even had.

Let me count the ways why a multi hit down air having multiple spike boxes is not Kosher. Imagine Falco having 5 jumps and just DAIRing in front of the ledge.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Kirby's 64 Dair (and up-tilt) made me feel like Fox and Falco both went SS3 and then put on the DBZ earrings and fusioned while a balloon randomly got caught between them.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Has nobody taken note of the Jiggs-like aerial horizontal floater action going on?
Seriously, this ain't Melee Kirby anymore. A spike on D-Air would be the death of life itself.

Top Bottom