• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After Ultimate, what do you want Sakurai to work on next?

Which of the following do you want?

• Smash 6

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising 2

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • New Kirby game

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • New Nintendo franchise

• New game of already existing Nintendo Franchise

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Make new IP

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Make non-related Nintendo game

• Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Deluxe Edition

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Take a loooong vacation then do one of the following

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not sure if the right subforum section. If not please move it to the more fitting one.

That said title explains it. After Ultimate, which of the following do you think Sakurai should do next?

Myself, I would love for a Kid Icarus: Uprising sequel.

I've yet to play the first but I really want to and wish they'd port it to the Switch or at least have it available in the eShop.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A new IP for Sony or Microsoft, just to shut up the people who think he's a Nintendo employee and only plays PS4 games to "learn how to beat 'em".

Am I holding a grudge? Yes.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
New Kirby (especially a 3D one) could breath some much needed life into the franchise if Sakurai was at the helm.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, Ultimate Deluxe.

if these next two really are the end of Ultimate’s DLC, there’s several faves I can think of that missed the boat, some single player content can be tweaked/added to as well, and if it’s on this rumored Super Switch, could benefit a lot from better online if the Super Switch has better online.

I actually have a theory about that considering some evidence... I’ll write it up later. About data mines, and how Ult was being worked on after 4’s DLC ended among other things

I’d like a Kid Icarus Uprising sequel or even port but Sakurai said those would be like 100x harder to work on than Smash so I don’t see those happening any time soon

Last edited:

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Definitely the longest vacation he can have. The man is a borderline vide game God and needs his day of rest after this latest creation.

Then I would love to see him make a Mysterious Murasame Castle reboot.

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Maybe have him take a vacation for three or four years.

And then once he's rested.

Have him give us Super Smash Bros Ultimate- Deluxe Edition.

In which we get more new characters like Dixie Kong, Bandanna Waddle Dee, A New Zelda Rep Like The Champions Or Vaati, Krystal From Star Fox, Porky From Earthbound.

Crash Bandicoot, Rayman, Earthworm Jim, Lara Croft, Bomberman, Klonoa, Phoenix Wright, Dr. Robotnik/Eggman, M. Bison Or Blanka From Street Fighter, Kefka From Final Fantasy 6, ect............

More old single player modes that Ultimate should have gotten- Break The Targets/Target Blast, Smash Run, Event Matches, Board The Platforms, A Boss Rush Mode, ect..............

A Story Mode that's more like Injustice and Subspace Emissary. And less like whatever the heck World Of Light was.

Collectable Trophies.

Unlockable Costumes For Every Character On The Roster (Fox getting a Star Fox Assault Outfit, Luigi Getting A Dr. Luigi Outfit, Ganondorf Getting A Twilight Princess Skin, ect..........)

Awesome online multiplayer that's functional and fast.

And more new stages like A New Donkey Kong Stage, A Kirby's Epic Yarn Stage, Phendrana Drifts From Metroid Prime, A New Earthbound/Mother Stage, A New Kid Icarus Stage, ect.............

That would be awesome to see.

And that would be much easier for Sakurai to do rather than just make another Smash Bros game.

That's all I want to see. Not much more needs to be said.

Top Bottom