• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AFC 4 - Delayed for an unknown amount of time, due to venue problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Temporary news:

Due to problems with teh venues, we are forced to delay AFC for an unknown amount of time. As we'll be able to progress in our search for venues (= during summer vacation), we will provide any useful info as soon as possible. We would like to apologize for this unfortunate turn of events.

OMG it's a tourney, mofos! So hot my Bob-omb is almost exploding, as you can see

<-------

ATM (NGCXX, bornfidelity, Johnny, Ryuker, Thomaz and Savior) and XTC (Dave and Linkje) present to you a brand new tourney: Our fusion of ATM and XTC, called

AFC 4, All Forces Combined 4

By cooperating, we're going to try to make this the best tourney experience you've ever had, lasting 3 days long. Of course everyone is invited to this grand event, the dutchies AND the foreigners!

The even newer stuff presented by Helios is:

SUMMER VACATION

The most awesomestest thing to do would be holding this tournament right after ROS4. Helios told me there were lots of Americans he'd talked to who definitely had interest in coming to Europa. (even PC Chris, Ken and Korean DJ O_____O ZOMFG)
That would go like this:

Sweden -> Party + sightseeing + chill + w/e in Sweden -> ROS4 --> All fly to Netherlands -> Party + sightseeing + chill --> AFC !!!

What do you guys think about THAT one eh?

+

The Wii!! The questionable thing is though, that maybe, just maybe Brawl will be out already. That could mean certain tourneys will be replaced by Brawl tourneys. But we'll see about that later.

In the meantime, we'll try our best to find the most awesome venue we can find, the most awesome location and of course, the best and most awesome players from anywhere :chuckle:

The tournaments we'll try to go with are these (may change):

Day 1 : Low tier

Day 2: Teams and possibly Low Tier teams if we have time left

Day 3: Singles

Day 4: Crews and Regionals (OMG!)

And The Rules, of course. Copied from XTC-3 with a few up-to-date changes.

Rules for Singles:

First there will be the pouls. (not sure yet how many, depends on how many people there are)
After Pouls it's Double Elimination, best of 3. Best of 5 from quarter finals, best of 7 for winner's finals.
4 Stock, 8 minutes Stocktime

If the timer runs out the player with the most stock left wins. In case of a stock tie the player with the lowest percentage wins (so the Sudden Death does not count in this case). In case of a percentage tie the Sudden Death is played.
Items are off.

First match in a set the stage is either agreed upon or random. All further matches within a set the loser of the previous match gets to pick stage. However, if a stage has already been played in a set it can only be played a second time if the winner of the previous match agrees to play it again.

The following stages have been taken of random select, have been banned and can not be selected under any circumstances:

Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, Great Bay, Temple, Brinstar Depths, Yoshi's Island, Green Greens,Venom, Poké Floats, Big Blue, Onett, Fourside, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Icicle Mountain, Flat Zone, Yoshi's Island N64.

That leaves just 3 stages on random select: Pokémon Stadium, Final Destination and Dream Land N64. Any other stages can be counterpicked.

The first match of a set both players are allowed to pick character, all following matches only the loser of the previous match is allowed to switch character if he wants to. The winner of the previous match must remain the same character.
And finally, stalling tactics such as Peach bombering or rising pound are banned unless when used for recovery.

Rules for teams:
Team attack is on.
All other rules are the same as 1 vs 1. Mute City and FoD can't be picked though, due to lag issues.

Rules for low tier:

Single Elimination or Double Elimination (Depends on time left)

Characters allowed (in tier order):
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

All other characters can not be used.
All other rules the same as 1 vs 1.

Rules for low tier teams

Same as Low tier singles. Team attack is on.
Mute City and FoD can't be picked because of lag issues.

Rules for crew tournament:
1. Crews of 4-5 members
2. Divide 20 stock between them(evenly).

3. Players make a sheet that says the characters they will use, and who will play first. This sheet will be shown to the other crew at the beginning of the set to make sure no cheating happens.

4. Stage selection will contain the neutral lvls only and all matches will be selected by random. The same stage cannot be played twice in a row, but can be played more than once in a set.

5. Whichever crew loses all of their stock first loses.

6. When the match starts and one player has to SD in order to have his required stock(such as 4 stock vs 3 stock) the person who has to wait may not charge anything such as needles, charge shot, shadowball, etc. It would be if the person just stood still. The player that has to SD may not harm the other opponent.

7. Players who win their matches only need to retain their stock(he won the match with 2 stock left, he goes on with 2 stock). Players will not need to regain their damage.

Here's an interest list, so you guys can actually see who are interested.

Interest list:

- Dave
- Linkje
- NGCXX
- BF
- Johnnyboy
- Ryuker
- Thomaz
- Savior
- Utto
- Jeffz0r
- Nihonjin
- WMK
- Zeta
- Nnja
- UchihaJP
- Helios
- JD
- Faab
- Shoe
- Sparkie009
- Down-A
- GreenMachine
- Timmy
- Brasje
- Korhan
- Fire
- Fireman.exe
- Jam5
- Marcel
- Marc
- Remen
- Ivo
- Rens
- Reffie
- Zgetto
- Z_N_Freak
- Ek
- Yuna
- Doraki
- Kman25
- Rouse
- Svampen
- Iced_1992
- Jari
- Happosai
- Adam
- Cypher
- Prince Shadow
- V3GAS
- Martiny2m
- mr_joey
- Kragen
- Urizen
- Player Pink
- TiRune
- Aniolas
- Mitch
- Deimos
- Riciardos
- C&B
- Wulp
- Beunhaas

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Isn't this a bit too close to JST5? If I were a foreigner, I certainly wouldn't go to both. Off course it's a great idea, but it would be a shame if one tournament would ruin the other in terms of turn-out. Also, do not forget that some universities (mine at least), do not guarantee a Christmas Holiday from 2 to 6 february (to be precise, they tend to plan exams around that period).

Sign me up btw.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Omg sign me up I'll be there. But like Utto said, it's not really fair if it ruins my tourney, since I already booked the venue, so a bad turn out will raise entree fee....

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, Utto, we figured Christmas holidays would be the best opportunity to hold this since it's gonna be 4 days long and we wanted it to happen before Brawl comes out. although that would probably still take a long long while =p just stick to the first reason.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
That's not fair, my tourney was supposed to be the biggest international tourney ever in Holland, and now you're coming with this one month later XD

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
i was joking.
and im thinking maybe the spring holidays three months later would still be in time for a no-brawl kindof thing.
which would be better for jeffz0r and thus better for the entire community
because whats best for the top 8 of europe is best for all of us ;)

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
This sounds awesome. I wish I can go. I want to see all my Smash friends in their natural habitat. However, there are currently some very unsure things in my life. Carpe diem.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
telpef you have to come i want my revenge >_>

anyway. jeffz0r kindof had a point in saying that the spring holidays wont be the same for everyone. so that kindof a problem because well foreigners wont go to both of these tournaments.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
May I suggest Good Friday - Second Easterday (April 6 - 9)? It's 4 days, a lot of people will have free from school, Brawl will most likely not be out yet, it won't disturb other tournaments. It's perfect :)

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good idea Jeffz0r. Seriously good ****.

It's a friday-saturday-sunday-monday btw =p

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
*re-read the first post*

When the hell is this tournament >_>?

Are you holding one December/Januari AND right after RoS4?
OR
Did you just move the tournament to teh summer >_<? (or whenever RoS4 is)

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
*re-read the first post*

When the hell is this tournament >_>?

Are you holding one December/Januari AND right after RoS4?
OR
Did you just move the tournament to teh summer >_<? (or whenever RoS4 is)
It's an OR this OR that situation.

Linkje

Smash Lord
wow wow how come I didn't knew about this :S ?

Edit : maybe we could hold it when goats back :p

or another great Idea when I have a freaking job (probably hopfully today)

Igotta be there for regionals though :p

If this is gonna be in december I'll skip jeffz0rs tourney

FireMan.EXE

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it an ORLY situation? XD

*re-reads FP*

Your mayhaps planning it in the summer vacation? That's...10 months away? >_>
Ah well, sign me up then, we'll see what happens, at least I'll be on the list. :p

DevMBC

Smash Ace
I wanna come whenever it is =] Sign me up ^_^
+ I agree with JD, or better yet, Japanese stage rules =p

Brawl won't be out in the launch window of the Wii which is usually about 6 months so I'm thinking it's not gonna be seen till late q3 or q4 next year =s <3

I love dutchies =O

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
So yeah, my idea was to arrange some sort of Euro trip (:p) in smash, where everyone goes to sweden for RoS4, sightseeing, partying, etc, then travel to Holland for some more sightseeing, partying, and AFC!

This would SURELY attract a lof of US interest, seeing as it would prolly mean the two best tournaments in Europe, IN A ROW, followed by tons of extra fun in Gothenburg and Amsterdam.

This is prolly THE chance to see Europes top players fight the American/Japanese.

I for one think this is a pretty good idea :p

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Sign me and Remen up.

Few issues:

1. I suggest you do crews and regionals earlier, so they actually happen. Maybe put them on the third day and low tier on the fourth.

2. Why isn't Fountain of Dreams on in the random select? I you wanna go Japanese rules Pokémon Stadium should be off as well.

3. Dates. It's much too early for me (and many other people probably too) to say which of those dates I can make. During the Christmas holidays or summer vacation would probably be best for me, though the latter is quite far away from now. Universities don't really guarantee any other free days. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom