• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aero's Toon Link

-_Face_-

Smash Apprentice
so in 3.02, how do you pull off that bomb drop -> zair and how do you air glide up but bomb toss left/right? I've only gotten down how to AG and T in the same direction.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
so in 3.02, how do you pull off that bomb drop -> zair and how do you air glide up but bomb toss left/right? I've only gotten down how to AG and T in the same direction.
Air dodge in a direction with the control stick and simultaneously throw bomb with C-Stick. :D

And I believe you do the shorthop bomb>zair thing by short hopping backwards slightly and z-dropping the bomb then immediately zair-ing it, but I'm not nearly nimble enough to pull that off yet.

Juker

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know if he uses tap jump or not? Do most Toon Links play with tap on or off? Just curious.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Well, for one, tap jump isn't required for OoS stuff~

(Granted it makes some things a little bit harder to punish, but it's not impossible)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
yes, tap jump input is the exact same input as the jump button, so they can be used interchangeably for usmash oos and up b oos

what I mean by "harder to punish" is it's more natural to to just press up and a while holding R or L, but without tap jump you have to press a different jump button (like X), up, A while holding R or L and you will achieve the same result.

I should mention so as to not confuse people that I am not the Aero in the video. I'm pretty sure the OP is the Aero who created that old aerodynamic Dedede combo video when Brawl first came out (I've been confused with him before so...)

Ezlo

Smash Cadet
What happened to Aero? I can't find any videos of him past 3.02.

CVRI Bman

Smash Rookie
Anyone know if he uses tap jump or not? Do most Toon Links play with tap on or off? Just curious.
No he has his tap jump on. Its a personal opinion as towards what you feel is best. However without tap jump you get rid of some of your OoS options. I used to play with tap jump off as well and it especially made it easier for me to AGT vertically with Tink and play in general. But I trained myself with it on so I had more options OoS and when I played Melee I was used to it already on. Just keep practicing with it on and eventually it will come natural. Keep in mind too when AGTing vertically sometimes you will waste your double jump on accident. To avoid this gently push up on the Movement stick as though you were trying to perform an up tilt. Hope this was helpful :)

Top Bottom