• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerials Oos and it's uses

TFB

Smash Rookie
When should I aerial Oos? I'm so used to wavedashing oos, I forget that I can fight back lol

HighTen

Smash Rookie
Falcon's options out of shield are lack luster, so you've gotta see a good opening. If someone hits your shield pretty high you can try a n-air or up-air to catch them before they land. Falcon's fastest option out of shield is up-air, so try to work on getting those out as fast as possible. They can be useful against opponents at mid-high % because the knockback is decent, and you might find a combo.

Another thing to look for is a fade back d-air out of shield. Sometimes a spacie will try to cross up your shield with a d-air, and then immediately shine. (A lot of players have blinders on when it comes to shield pressure like this.) Try to wait out the shine, and then immediately fade back d-air out of shield to catch them sitting in it.

This might stop working once they catch on, but I like the "use it until it stops working" mentality.

j3ly

Smash Champion
nair oos is frame 11, uair oos is frame 13 with uair being the main option for platform dropping

Last edited:

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
When they do a more unsafe or higher option and aren't in a position to ASDI down grounded. Also, before it even hits your shield. Hey, it counts! Shielding is great for augmenting Falcon's movement.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
All the usual options have been covered. I have been thinking about knee out of shield recently. First I thought it was just high risk high reward, however, as a surprise it sometimes works. I think in certain situations it might even be good to avoid the next incoming shield pressure attack using the natural knee animation pull back. Something I plan to try out in future. If you are godlike knee out of shield can space around a spacie utilt.

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Falcon's dair OoS can beat nair>shine, but decent spacies will catch up quickly and nair>utilt, which will open you up just as bad as him getting stomped. And so the mixup is to keep your shield up... not ideal vs spacies. I recommend escaping pressure asap every time, rather than putting yourself at risk fishing for an opening. Just shield at unexpected time and space (dash>shield-stop, pivot-shield etc) and shieldgrab unsafe aerials.

j3ly j3ly does any falcon actually uses nair OoS to counter attack ? Seems like CC bait to me. Maybe if you do a shield stand-off vs sheik and she freaks out and nairs, you can start an air wobble with sh nair. But I love instant uair recently, it's just that the hitbox is tricky to find on grounded opponents (especially low profile chars).

Also since it wasn't mentioned here : reverse upB OoS ! It's so funny, always catch people off-guard, and can get you out of hairy situations. And it covers your back, which is nice.

Top Bottom