• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial Landing Lag Data Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Woah, WFT is SIGNIFICANTLY better at airdodging. That's really interesting.

How did you calculate the frames?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
okay okay okay

I couldn't help myself

I updated it again

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20676635/Smash 4 Landing Lag.xlsx

This time I added averages and standard deviation cells for each column and added new columns that indicate the difference from the average. This allows you to see how good an aerial is relatively to other aerials. The average nair scores a 15.02, so you can see who is above or below average pretty easily now.

It's also conditionally formatted so that you don't have to sort it to find the best ones. Green = good. Red = Bad.

Do you know the frames for shield stun in this game? How soon can you drop shield / act out of shield after being hit?

If I get that information I cna update it to automatically indicate which aerials are "safe" on shield.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
if you just d/led the spreadsheet from my link, d/l it again -- just fixed minor error

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
wait how was this tested exactly? height of jump with a fast fall after aerial starts?

what were the testing conditions

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, aerial lag can vary based on when and how you land.

In Melee, game&watch had different animations and landing lag based on when you landed in the attack's animation, for instance

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
okay okay okay

I couldn't help myself

I updated it again

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20676635/Smash 4 Landing Lag.xlsx

This time I added averages and standard deviation cells for each column and added new columns that indicate the difference from the average. This allows you to see how good an aerial is relatively to other aerials. The average nair scores a 15.02, so you can see who is above or below average pretty easily now.

It's also conditionally formatted so that you don't have to sort it to find the best ones. Green = good. Red = Bad.

Do you know the frames for shield stun in this game? How soon can you drop shield / act out of shield after being hit?

If I get that information I cna update it to automatically indicate which aerials are "safe" on shield.
Bowser... Holy.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I KNOW RIGHT

You can punish a whiffed bair from halfway across battlefield -_-;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom