• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial Interrupts in PM (3.5)

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
So I took the time to use debug mode and found I COULD NOT complete the Melee Aerial interrupt as suggested by the frame data provided by Pi in this post:
http://smashboards.com/threads/ledge-dj-cancel-aerial-interrupt.311628/

HOWEVER I figured out the frame data for doing it in PM and it's a tad slower. :/

Aerial Interrupt for Project M

1 - Grab Ledge
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 - Release Ledge
10 - DJ
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 - (You can waveland on this frame)
23 -
24 - U-air
25 -
26 -
27 - AERIAL INTERRUPT
28 - Land animation
29 -
30 -
31 - Free to act out of an AI
32 -
33 -
34 - (Free to act out of a waveland. Invincible options are shield and jab)
35 -
36 - (Jabbing out of waveland hits on this frame)
37 -
38 - Invincibility gone on this frame

So you get more invincibility options out of an AI, but you do get a great defensive approach with a waveland.

Options out of an AI that retain invicibility until a hitbox comes out are (in order of quickness):
Shield (frame 1)
Jab (frame 3)
Screw Attack (frame 4)
Boost Ball (frame 5)
F-tilt (frame 6)
D-tilt (frame 6)
D-smash (frame 6)

Melee AI option now impossible in PM 3.5:
F-smash (frame 10)

ENJOY

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
Yeah no one in melee would ever even try the AI to fsmash because the few sami that could even do the AI would lose half the invins and just go for a half invins dsmash. Best option really is to go for an invins jab or ftilt then shield and work your way back to center stage positionally

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
yeah man that F-smash in Melee is so frame tight. It's achievable, but more on the high risk/ medium reward portion of the spectrum. I'm liking boost ball as probably the hardest to punish option that gets you closer to center stage. Also fun fact, in trying to make sure I was 100% invincible, I used mewtwo's NeutralB charging hitbox as a check and crawl goes neatly under it. ^-^

Orion Prime

Smash Cadet
I read through the entire melee post and am getting to the point where I can AI consistently onto platforms (battlefield and PS2 only). However, getting the feel for AI'ing onto stage from the ledge took me quite a while. I had to step through the frame data above several times and mess w my directional input after the DJ before I got it to work.

Just FYI for anyone else out there who is messing around trying to AI onto stage, this is what helped it click for me - immediately after the DJ, begin to push horizontally straight into the stage; just as Samus begins to "roll" over the edge, perform the Uair, and that should do it. The Uair input is a bit later than what I would have expected (never did this in melee, so this is my only experience w it). Not imlying at all that this is the only way it'll work, this is simply how I got a feel or it.

Thanks to pizzacato for posting this info. Very helpful translation of a melee tech into PM.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Yeah you should generally hold towards the stage as soon as you let go of the ledge. I've always done it this way, although it makes is super hard on Battlefield in Melee. lol

I'm glad I could help out!

Orion Prime

Smash Cadet
Here is some random info, figure I may as well post it, may help anybody else who wants to work on AI's. I wrote down the frame data for AI'ing onto the Battlefield platforms while practicing the other day (this is the first location I was able to consistently do it). The below applies only for AI'ing onto the lower BF platforms, via full hop, from a stationary position.

Frame 1 - FH (have to hold up for a few frames in debug mode to input a FH, otherwise a SH is executed)
Frame 17/18 - Uair (2 frame window)
Frame 19/21 - AI occurs (takes 3 frames to occur if done on 18, only 2 frames if done on 17, I guess due to motion of Uair)
Frame 23/25 - Can input move (if inputting shield that will occur this frame, for all other moves normal startup frames are added on at this point)

So the earliest you can Uair to initiate an AI is frame 17, and the latest is 18, thus only a 2 frame window. This same data obviously also applies for PS2 platforms. Lylat middle platform is almost identical, but you Uair on frames 18/19.

For all the low platform heights (outer platforms on Yoshis and Lylat, Warioware) you can AI onto them out of a short hop by Uairing on frame 20/21 depending on the stage angle. These can also be AI'd onto out of a FH by Uairing at frame 15 ( I did not test how the stage angle affects FH AI input frame, but I'm sure it adds 1 or 2 frames depending on the slant). However, it is much easier to AI on these out of the SH, as you essentially just wait until the apex of the SH and then Uair. It just feels like very natural timing to me w the SH.

Top Bottom