• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial Glide Toss in melee?

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
It seem that it is indeed possible. I was messing around with link and I was able to air dodge and cancel it by throwing my bomb. I never heard of it working in melee before so I decided to post it here and let you guys try it out yourselves. It's pretty weird.

Let me know if this has already been discovered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6JGpiiMqKM

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
troll?

you can't cancel an air dodge with a bomb throw

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you can.... I'm doing it right now. I'll upload a video in a little bit. You need to throw the bomb within the very first few frames. Not sure exactly how many...

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
If you run> jump> airdodge forward> bomb throw it gives you a weird little upward boost.

Running forward>jump> airdodge forward> cstick backwards results in a very nice retreating bomb throw.

run>Jump>airdoge upwards>cstick down results in a cool looking bomb rocket upward type jump.

whoops double post. Can a mod combine my two posts?

This woks with Peachs turnips too! I'm going to assume it works with every throwable item.

Skler

Smash Master
It doesn't really change your momentum enough to be super useful, but it is a neat little trick. I forget if you make your airdodge noise at all, but if you do it's at least a marginally useful braintrick. Plus it makes you look baller.

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm super late to this discussion, but many people seem to not believe me when I tell them about this (probably because it's not as effective as in PM). Anyway, I was trying to figure out the mechanics behind this occurrence, and I believe i figured it out. This aerial glide toss is possible because of an input buffering system in melee. It's very unlikely that someone would be able to press L/R + A at the exact same frame consistently so Nintendo gave is a few frames of buffering to stop people from accidentally air-dodging first. These frames overlap with the start-up of the air-dodge momentum, and lets you buffer the bomb throw even after you have started moving.

Top Bottom