• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial Flame Choke Showcase

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Aerial Flame Choke Showcase

Aerial Flame Choke is generally considered to be a worse version of flame choke compared to grounded. In this showcase, I show off all the follow ups we have against every single character in the game. Once you know these follow ups, aerial flame choke is actually quite amazing and is actually better in some MU's because you get better follow ups, it's untechable but you are put in a disadvantage. So you have to go for the hard reads, but lets be honest, we wouldn't be playing Ganondorf if your not about the hard reads. :4ganondorf:

Aerial Flame Choke - Best Punishes:

Aerial Flame Choke - Other Punishes:

Hope this will make you use aerial flame choke more, as it's very important. :4ganondorf:

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
You have changed my mind on that variation. I will work this in to my routine training.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I believe the Aerudo is the better option against a lot of characters. Even some characters that we have a garantueed tilt on after a Gerudo. Only reason beeing Aerudo can't be teched. Well the +3 damage is nice as well.
Some opponents tech Gerudo like 95% of the time, and at best we get a lucky guess buffered Wizkick off of it.

Life is like Sm4sh Gerudo - you never know what you gonna get.
At least with Aerudo, you always know what your gonna get.

MGK MGK , Looks like Aerudo generally puts ppl closer to yr feet. Have you tested this?
Also what is our frame advantage after Aerudo as opposed to ppl teching in place?

Last edited:

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Aerial flame choke puts them in a set position. With grounded flame choke, the opponent can DI the drop before hitting the ground. For example, if Mario DI'd toward Ganondorf, fTilt misses. So all I can say is that aerial flame choke is a lot more consistent in most areas.

With frame advantage, if they tech grounded flame choke in place, you get a grab / Jab but they can power shield fTilt / dTilt but it's very hard to do. With aerial flame choke, you have less frames than that. It's pretty bad in this situation but you get a better punish with one of these reads.

Hope this helps.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
after aerudo, maybe a retreating Uair(tipman) into Dtilt can cover both roll in and gua Vs some chars.

Top Bottom