• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial dodge into hookshot

Hoorah9195

Smash Rookie
I accidentally did this when I used Young Link but then tried it on Link and Samus and it works the same. I don't know if all you know cuz this is a tech I've never seen anyone use not even TAS. That's you can air dodge, either still or move, then go into a hookshot. I find this useful but is this old news? I just wanted to ask that

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
yeah this is old news, nobody hookshots with Z. airdodging helps to aim and is especialy useful when aiming for the battlefield ledge.

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
Hookshoting with z is useful as a mixup actually. The airdodge telegraphs a hookshot especially if your opponents are used to playing younglink so sometimes ill sweetspot with a falling z and immediately grab ledge before they can react. It's a valuable tool in the mixup game.

steakhouse

Smash Apprentice
I still use R+A rather than Z, simply because I get to choose which direction I shoot myself. Or no direction. You don't need to wait the entire duration of the dodge lol

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but it stops your momentum completely. Z hookshotting lets you fall normally

Top Bottom