• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice to your younger self

Do you really want to put in all that effort... for what? Don't be a tournament video uploader. Have fun playing a good game. Memories are what matter

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
**** you piece of **** *******. Stop picking on leffen. Pick on someone your own size. You're no better than Leffen and just going around harassing people doesn't help *******.
Are you for real? This has to be a troll.
This "debate" occured about 2 years ago.

D

Deleted member

i would tell my 7 year old self to not give away my gc to charity, then wait a lil and tell my 8 year old self that brawl isnt the only game in the smash franchise, gawd im such an idiot

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I would tell myself in 2011 to learn more about my local Smash scene. I wouldn't go back to 2003 when I got Melee to learn about the scene because if I knew about the competitive Smash community at that point, I would've never developed hobbies that I still enjoy to this day and I feel like I would be less well-rounded of a person.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
I would've told myself to stay using Fox, keep using Fox, and never consider switching outside of Fox. Fox is my playstyle and I could've been a much better Fox if I didn't switch to Falco or Marth.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
(I still do sometimes).
Rolling isn't bad; as a matter of fact high-level players use rolls decently often. The important thing is using digression as to when to roll and when not to roll.

AUS

Smash Cadet
Rolling isn't bad; as a matter of fact high-level players use rolls decently often. The important thing is using digression as to when to roll and when not to roll.
Agreed, I just mean there are times in which I use it as a movement tool and use it in ex-cession, not as much as I once did but still to an extant were it can be detrimental.

SuperLuigi9624

Smash Cadet
Younger Smash self?
Hehehe.
1) Stop beating up the characters you don't like.
2) On second thought, please do
3) Stop setting them to level 1
4) Go get friends because the AI is dumb
5) Who am I kidding, the AI is frame perfect in the new games lol
6) You suck with Bowser.
7) Being edgy and picking the villains doesn't make you cool, 7 year old me
8) ???
9) Uh...
10) Yeah, 12 year old me playing Brawl. STOP SAVING REPLAYS OF THE TIME YOU BEAT UP A LEVEL 1, 300 vs 100 STAMINA PEACH. You're never going to watch them, and it hogs space on the Wii.

Serperior

Wobbler
Also stick with a character. I swear I must have played every character at least 50 times.

Last edited:

NintendoReaper

Smash Rookie
NNID
NReaper
3DS FC
0834-2145-7839
8 year old me, you're by no means the best, and you won't actually be anywhere near "decent" until you're 13, unless you start practicing early.
13 year old me, you would've been better if you weren't always overestimating opponents to be like the LV.9 CPUs you beat by spamming Link's projectiles in Brawl. By the way don't get an action replay for your Gamecube, that thing was terrible to the console, and the same goes for Brawl on the Wii. Just get Brawl once the Wii U is released.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
Stop playing on your LED TV, get a small CRT because of lag and you can move it around. Stop practicing Marth, Falco and Yoshi, you're just gonna stick with Jigglypuff. Go purchase a good controller already and start going to weeklies and play against people.

Last edited:

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
Stop wasting your time on Marth and switch to Luigi. You'll never be seriously good with any other character. Also your Puff isn't nearly as good as you think it is.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
:yoshi:

Brawl was a mistake. You should have played Smash 64 as your main game & Melee on the side. You will never be able to press buttons fast enough to be a top player, hence Melee being a side game.

You should have acted less like a pretentious and juvenile dolt.

I'm so burnt out in life and will never have that fire again. I squandered it.

SmolNozomi

Smash Cadet
remember to read the game which the disscussion is talking about

Last edited:
Top Bottom