• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice on keeping a good mentality with Olimar?

Smash Cadet
I had just decided to give more characters a shot after months of maining Ness and I've discovered that Olimar and his playstyle just click with me perfectly and I can't help but choose him over Ness. I'm just worried now that people (especially my friends) are going to call me a tiermonger or something, just because I know about Olimar's bad reputation among a lot of people (and I used to make fun of him too, so sorry). Granted, my friends are already playing with me less as I kept destroying them with Ness (and Ultimate is my first Smash game!), but this would be the nail in the coffin.

So my question is I'm sure all of you have dealt with the Olimar salt from time to time, so how do you guys deal with it?

comfortable_lamp

Smash Cadet
Honestly, if you like olimar, you should just stick with him. I think most people in the community (or at least the more serious players) don't really judge you based on your main because in the end, every player just wants to win. However, if your with your friends, I would probably maybe go easier on them by not using your mains as much and not going so hard on them. I think for a casual game of smash with your friends, it is much more important on everyone having fun than who wins.
so basically, use olimar, but just not against your friends.

Smash Cadet
Okay, it's just that my friends will use gimmicky custom stages and will try to justify that by winning on that stage by spamming smashes, they are somehow better than me. It's not that I always want to crush those around me, it's just that I want people to get what they ask for. I have another group of friends I'll play with less often where I will go easy on them and let them win games. Maybe I just respond too much to competitiveness. Thanks man!

Top Bottom