• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice on bomb dair?

Yung Scrap

Smash Cadet
When I try this I don't know how to hit them with the bomb. Do I forward throw/dash throw into dair or get above them and z-drop into dair?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I also would like to know the optimal way to execute this. Originally being a Fox/Ice Climbers main, my knowledge of how to use items is weak. If somebody could post some strats on how to land bombs, it'd be much appreciated.

Bunk

Smash Rookie
Bomb throwing, at least in my experience is something you just gotta get used to. after a while the angle angles for each direction will feel very natural.
If you want to see some good execution of bomb dair, check this set out:

Last edited:

derdian

Smash Cadet
One of my favorite cheesy ways to land a bomb that works 99% of the time if the other person isn't used to fighting yink 24/7 (and it still normally lands anyway even if they expect it cuz it's an awkward mechanic), dash backwards from the enemy while ur holding a bomb and then shield. Throw the bomb backwards out of shield (you dont even have to jump) and it pretty much always catches them cuz they don't expect you to be able to cover that huge amount of space shielding backwards

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
shield -> smash throw bomb out of shield -> dash -> fullhop -> immediate dair

keep in mind that the dair is stronger (both knockback and percent dealt) when the hitbox is lingering; the initial hitbox is significantly weaker. You can also use this knowledge to set up the triple dair hit at lower percents.

Yung Scrap

Smash Cadet
keep in mind that the dair is stronger (both knockback and percent dealt) when the hitbox is lingering; the initial hitbox is significantly weaker. You can also use this knowledge to set up the triple dair hit at lower percents.
That's weird, most moves that linger get weaker. This is great advice though. Every time I try to land a double or triple dair my opponent gets knocked too far away. Can I full hop immediate dair when they are on a platform above me to initiate multi hit dair combos?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah you can. Dair comes out on frame 13, which is actually 1 frame faster than Fair. I'm not sure when the "strong" hitbox changes to the lingering hitbox, though.

Pesi

Smash Rookie
NNID
CurseOfThe18th
Yeah you can. Dair comes out on frame 13, which is actually 1 frame faster than Fair. I'm not sure when the "strong" hitbox changes to the lingering hitbox, though.
Changes 4 frames after the hitbox appears. It's part of a guide I read somewhere around here but I don't remember where. You can tell if you're landing it because it has significantly more knock back and does 21 damage instead of 17 (or maybe 19 idk).

EDIT: Nvm found the Q&A. It's actually ABEL's. http://smashboards.com/threads/fire-spike-setup.423333/

Last edited:
Top Bottom