• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice for Inkling?

Kekkei Genkai

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, relatively new like everyone else.

I keep losing to Inkling and need some advice. Mu seems so ridiculously hard and undoable.

Thanks!

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Your projectile beats their projectiles and will knock them out of roller. You can reflect the ink bomb with shine, as well as hit it back at them with a blaster shot (though if you hit it this way it won't damage them). If you can get them in the air or on a platform, keep them up there with uairs and fairs. Don't challenge their fsmash. Your ftilt should outrange their grab range if you space it. If they get you offstage, try to mix up your recovery with some high and mid recoveries as well to avoid being gimped or ink bombed offstage.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Works fairly well for me.

Blazer

Smash Ace
A LOT of what they have is unsafe on shield. I use them as grab practice. Reflecting the grenade is usually a good option that while it typically doesn't connect it stops them from approaching as crazy as they do. A lot of inklings are predictable too and get in a flow of the same rotation. Use this to your advantage and aim for grabs/dsmash.

Top Bottom