• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice for Ike MU?

H1pe

Smash Rookie
I know, Wolf is supposed to be good against Ike, still though I keep losing to one of my friends who is an Ike main. I space properly and use my blaster a lot, and usually close, but he just manages to beat me by like a stock. What do you guys do against Ike?

Edit: I should make an addendum, Also, what does Ike not want us to do?

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
How are you getting hit? Focus on that and work on preventing it, first and formost. If he I'd just grabbing you a lot, you need to move better. If he is catching you with nairs/fairs, that means you are jumping in a poor times and aren't controlling space well enough.

If he's getting a lot of milage out of Quickdraw or his dash dance game in neutral, you need to shut him down by using laser from center stage more and then finding an opening.

Focus on not getting hit, and the amount of openings you get in the process will amazing you.

H1pe

Smash Rookie
I'm mainly getting grab>smashed, it really frustrates me when he gets a conversion off of a grab>f-smash at like 40% but meh. You are most likely right, I need to be even more patient and let him make more mistakes, and more laser pressure.

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
I'm mainly getting grab>smashed, it really frustrates me when he gets a conversion off of a grab>f-smash at like 40% but meh. You are most likely right, I need to be even more patient and let him make more mistakes, and more laser pressure.
I don't play against Ike often, but I don't think a grab should convert into f-smash - watch your DI and make sure you're jumping out of hitstun.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
You can get F smashed out of an upthrow, Ally did it against Weon-X. It don't know if it'll always work around that percent or if it's just no DI or not jumping. If you're getting grabbed a lot though you're messing up too much already. You wanna corner him and put him in his shield, all he can do that's legit is Bair outta shield and that's not any good. I played one of the top melee players in my state the other day as Ike and was getting 2 stocked when I was shielding some thing, all of a sudden I was doing the two stocking when I was staying out of those situations. Granted that's not all it was I'm certain but you get the point. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR0_FhugQdY I lost here but whatever, it can help you some hopefully

Top Bottom