• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice Against Wolf

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
The more I play as YL im starting to find certain matchups hard and this is one of the hardest for me. Wolf jumps around alot and his attacks come out so fast. I find once Im in the air its very difficult to stop getting hit. I dont have time to pull out a bomb or boomerang usually. And he can reflect my arrows. Is there any weakness or exploit to wolf?

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Run away. That boomerang is infuriating and Young Link is so fast he can get all sorts of stuff off it. Be creative with your projectiles so he can't predict when to reflect. Catch him trying to shield projectiles and get a grab with that long ass hookshot. Get him offstage and go crazy with the projectiles and gimp him. One poke offstage and he's dead.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Run away. That boomerang is infuriating and Young Link is so fast he can get all sorts of stuff off it. Be creative with your projectiles so he can't predict when to reflect. Catch him trying to shield projectiles and get a grab with that long *** hookshot. Get him offstage and go crazy with the projectiles and gimp him. One poke offstage and he's dead.
Yeah thats the problem its so hard to run away from wolf. I once tried to use zair on him and his attack literal outranged mine, I was like how ? But I see what you are saying I will try to poke him off stage perhaps. Its just so hard to get wold off me, he doesnt seem to have much lag hard to use projectiles on him.

Last edited:

Up0n

Smash Cadet
The best thing to do against Wolf is hold your ground and don't be tempted by his lazer to jump around for aerials. Wolf's aerial and air game is imo top 5. If you are able to stand your ground and outrange him or trick him up with your projectiles you'll win the matchup automatically about 2/3 times.

Last edited:

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
The best thing to do against Wolf is hold your ground and don't be tempted by his lazer to jump around for aerials. Wolf's aerial and air game is imo top 5. If you are able to stand your ground and outrange him or trick him up with your projectiles you'll win the matchup automatically about 2/3 times.
aww yeah. appreciate the advice

Top Bottom