• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Oh wait, I still have an old half-finished ISO on Kantrip on my thumb drive here...

Was going to slam him when he was under a bit of pressure early on, but then people started looking away from him, and I canned the ISO for the time being.

[collapse=The Half-Finished ISO]

I am curious, now. I don't think Raz will mind after this conversation pans out, so we can pretty much agree that it's RVS pressure and any rational scum player can easily see that. He's saying he pinned Radical Fiction as scum in his first post of the game.
So you are thinking for him? Cool.

Honestly, it worries me that you ever believed for a second that the Raziek VS Rad Fic (if it even happened, which I doubt) could have had any worth. Worries me to the point of suspecting you.
Raz has hardly been here at that point. Why are you so troubled by it?

You don't know how good I think I am, Swiss. For all you know I put on a grand persona of arrogance when I really doubt myself every step of the way and constantly second-guess my abilities. Why do you think I bring up every damn possibility as a certainty? Why do you think I always become abrasive and defensive? I doubt myself, Swiss. My self esteem and confidence in my abilities in this game are low, Swiss. But I know you need these things to be any good, so I try to act like I have them. Maybe one day I truly will, but please don't make assumptions. I think I should still qualify for newbie games. Does that make me worse than I think I am? I really hope not.
Can't tell if this is a subtle newbie card...

I did not mean to bully. I suppose it was just that vicious cycle thing. I get abrasive and defensive when I am being attacked, and it transfers to others, and it transfers, etc.
Why you get abrasive and defensive that much as town is beyond me.

Like self-meta, this should be taken with a grain of salt but it is not a scummy thing to bring up. What he did is like pointing out your own pressure before it's responded to. "Yeah this is just pressure". Well obviously they know it's pressure now so they can disregard it. Same thing with this, now that Bardull said he's watching my interactions with Vlade, we could respond accordingly if we were scummates. That's all I was saying.
You're clearing the way for your self-meta post later on with this.
I am getting defensive. This is a null tell for me, in my opinion. It's a bad habit I need to break, like J's habit of AtE or Soup's habit of modkills/replacing.
Let's lighten things with a bit of AtE and meta, served hot.

*Game Meta*

I am saying now that this is self-meta and should be taken with a grain of salt, so you can't call me out for it because this is a disclaimer.
I'm calling you out on it anyway; Why even post it if you hardly want it taken into consideration?

Gorf and Kosha Boy looking scummy.
Raziek, Sang, J, Vlade null.
Radical Fiction, Bardull, Nabe leaning town.

Other people don't have reads yet.
So no town reads? Not even in the slightest?

@Kosha Boy: I would like your explanation for your previous town read on me, in case you missed that question. I would also like you to comment on everyone on my wagon and give a read on them.
Covered this. I am dumbfounded my town vibe thing in RVS was taken to this level.

I have reasons for voting Kosha Boy, but for the most part they are just more scummy. They really need to answer questions directed at them.
Why not post the reasons? Just as you were talking about how withholding information is bad...

Bardull what do you think about what I said with regards to Gorf?
Fair question, but...

I'll answer for you Bardull, don't worry I got your back.

It's because your initial stance was bad, right?
Kantrip decides to just say "Screw it", and inject his own answer a couple hours later.

Tell me why I would vote Kosha Boy as scum if everyone is expecting me to vote Gorf. Do I want to purposely draw attention to a strange vote so I get pressure on me? I don't see your reasoning with this.
A wagon has to start somewhere, probably wanted you at the front to take the flak on a town mislynch. But since you've voiced suspicion on us, why so nervous?

Until they answer questions and stop viewing just to leave again without saying anything, my vote is completely fine being on them.
I leave my hydra browser open and then go do other things. Come at me Kantrip.

Yeah I just listed things that I knew people had a habit of doing. I feel as though AtE is a scummy tactic and so shouldn't be used by either scum or town because it is anti-town. That's why I said it is a bad habit but yeah that point isn't really necessary I just used it to convey self-meta which should already be taken with the largest of salt grains.
Boy Kantrip, you must love grains of salt, what with your using them to make backdoors.

I'm pretty sure Swiss left those questions, because that is why Swiss told me on Britches and Hose. I could have put that in a separate post, and it's more of an out-of-game matter, but Swiss brought it up now so I decided to respond to it. Not anti-town at all. Merely null.
It's a defense. But meh.

I have seen them viewing and then they leave again at least thrice now. It is a habit of John's to skim and lurk and give absolutely nothing, and I know he, at least, has been able to post. Not sure about the other head though.
Already covered it. John hasn't been on this hydra account in 3 days. We both also have a habit of leaving the browser open.

Every player has motivations behind their actions. Town players should have town motives, indy players should have indy motives, and mafia players should have mafia motives. What town wants is to find scum, what scum wants is to survive. Until I can be shown why a "tell" displays scum motivation, I will not accept it as a "tell". Especially when I think it shows motivation to the contrary.
Oh good, at least Kantrip knows how to play Mafia.

Ryker ignored it. It yielded nothing. Do you think if I had not said anything Ryker would have responded?
WIFOM

Man I hate hydras.
I can just see this being used as part of a case on us.

I think it was Inferno, and you're just blindly taking his word. You know, he is one of the scummier slots in this game at the moment. Either way, I'm not sure how you can conclude that a wall is antitown. That post isn't all directed towards you, and it can be taken the same as a series of smaller posts.
Here comes his defensiveness...

Later as in after John answers later. Is my answer imperative to the progress of the rest of the day? If I say why John is a scummy scumbag his answer won't be as genuine for why he thinks I'm a townie townbox.
Haven'tBeenHere. Kthxbai.

You. Have you not noticed there is pressure on you? You're responding to it (in a hostile manner, as some have noticed), and I'm perfectly content to let it run its course.
He's being what? Defensive? Funny you should say that.

Yeah. I hope we can get the day in multiple directions because I have trouble getting reads on people when all my actions are scrutinized as scummy before they even play out.
Gee, I wonder why...

How about this guys: I get it, I look scummy. If this isn't remedied by Day end we can go ahead and lynch me. However, I'd ask the Day be taken a few other places before it's over. Continuing to pressure me when most people agree already is just going to be scummy if I'm not able to do anything as a result.
Well Sang was asking me why she would do something as scum. Sounds to me like what I asked you. "You are calling me scummy for this, but then why did I do this?"

I'm not worried about being QL'd at all. What I'm worried about is that we won't get anything more from this Day.
Of Kosha Boy's town reads, only Bardull has any sort of substance. It starts with "I don't like..." WTF? His read on J is based on "pro-town motives" and "solid reasoning" without actually showing any, making that one of the safest reads he could lay down. His read on Gorf is "it seems like town Gorf and I am fine." Seriously? Gut meta? Bardull's read, aside from the "I don't like..." part, is also just a "feel". Kosha Boy is hopping around on his toes with these town reads, twirling some ribbons as he goes.

Here we have some meta and some WIFOM, again with no substantiation. The only reason the slot isn't solid town is because it's a slot Inferno is bad at reading. From what I've read, this should be complete null read. "I don't think he would do ______" meta is the absolute worst. The Vlade read is wishy washy like Gorf's and Bardull's were. There's "towny intents" and then "I don't feel like he's doing much." This read list.... :glare:

Well, they're null reads. Enough said.

So. Safe.

It's less that she was defensive and more that she reacted to something the majority of townies would pass right over. It may have been brought up a hundred times already, but when she responded to Asdioh's remark about how he would choose to shoot her between her and J is suspicious. In addition, how she responded was sure to send up flags. She immediately started off with "Why don't you get after RF and Gorf for the same thing?" This is deflection of sorts, and I can already see that you find deflection scummy, Inferno, so don't tell me this is illegitimate. The defensiveness was in there too, but it is not the main attraction, so to speak. So, reasons for Sang's scumminess?

-Responding in an odd manner to something most townies would ignore
-Responding by deflecting attention onto two other players
-Acting with hostility and defensiveness
-Her all-over-the-place play. Others have brought this up, I'm just compiling it here.

Disappointed. John's post did not come off as RVS by anyone, and I actually don't believe this response. RVS had run its course by the time John posted, and saying you are getting town vibes from someone is not an RVS statement. How can one not expect it to be taken seriously?

Is it hindering town's progress? Do you find it particularly scummy? As long as the answer to at least one of these questions is no, I personally don't feel you need to worry about it. With Kosha Boy, I really didn't have any reasoning. I was calling the slot scummy for a bunch of reasons and voting them for pressure, which is why answering would have halted that. John has responded now, though, and I really do dislike his answer.

I didn't say you were deflecting onto me, and you don't need to do so for your deflecting to be scummy. I can explain to you what is scummy about deflecting: It is an attempt to remove the attention off of yourself and onto other players. Deflecting is done when one is being pressured, and rather than defend themselves, they try to move the suspicion away. This is of scum intent because they are attempting to get out of the spotlight and trying to incriminate townies. However, I don't believe you would incriminate Gorf as a scummate in this manner, so if one of you is scum I don't believe the other one is.

I liked what RF was doing as he was applying pressure to you to get a reaction. You, being a scumpick of his. Whether or not I agreed with him was irrelevant until I decided to actually look at the wagon.

Sure, I can do that.

You have responded to RF, have you not? You are saying this to me now, and if you are saying this, you are giving everyone something to work with. That is something that has come of the pressure, and it's exactly what should come of pressure.

Is there any other reason you think I'm scum besides the main conversing with J, the well-known thing with J, and my "defensiveness"? I'm sorry, but you listed three valid points and said "make a case on me without these." They are part of what make you scummy and I'm not omitting. I said it to Kosha Boy earlier because he asked the same thing, so you can look up there. I can't know if you are defensive as town, whereas I know that I am. If you would like to point me to a game in which you were town and became defensive, I would be willing to accept that. As I have several.

If I recall correctly, the question was "why would I have town leans on Gorf and RF later?" Is that right? Well, there could be numerous possibilities. One of which may very well be that you want to find people townie to avoid them pressuring you. -shrug- I don't really know your motives with that, and it doesn't really matter.
If that wasn't the question, I apologize.
Pointing out a flaw in Asdioh's comment? Not really, as he was making a comment about you and you should have responded to THAT. You don't get pulled over for speeding and then tell the cop that he should be pulling over the guy who was in front of you, too. That's not how it works.

As in, look into more than they have been?

Gorf.

Alright I think I missed the question. Could you remind me what it was?

Not really, I know of many relevant players who use deflection in their cases. I have to have got it from somewhere. I explained deflection earlier and why it's scummy.

OMGUS is when you attack/vote someone for voting/attacking you, I believe.
Similarly, a chainsaw defense is when you attack/vote someone for their attack/vote on someone else (usually a scummate).
Deflection is when YOU are being attacked and you try to direct attention off of yourself and onto someone else.

I've listed them before at the bottom of some of my larger posts. My "wall" earlier (which wasn't all directed at Gorf) contained reads, and one of my recent posts did as well. They have changed a bit, here's where I stand:

J, Vlade, Overswarm, Radical Fiction, Nabe town.
Asdioh, Bardull, people who I don't list null.
Raziek probably indy.
Kosha Boy, Sang, Gorf scummy.

The scum team is probably one of Sang/Gorf and Kosha Boy, along with someone else.

reason? I don't disagree, but why?

@KB. You only have one scum read? No relatively leaning scum? Could you give me some back-up on your gorf read? If you don't think RF wants me dead, why does he keep trying to get people to lynch me?

@Everyone. What are your opinions on deflection? Is it really a scum-tell, or could it be something else?

Sorry for the semi-wall. I won't be here the rest of today and most of tomorrow so I wanted to get as much done as I could.
[/QUOTE]

All I wanted to say is that I like this post. Overswarm's opinions on players isn't just the same old safe stance that everyone else has displayed. I have him only very slightly leaning town in my reads, but lumped him there because I've only been using the three categories. Should be null, really, but I liked how he came into the game.

Summary of Kantrip vs Sang I presume? I'll get that in a sec.

It's apparent that Gorf is going to ignore my large posts. If you want to tear it up, go right ahead. I'm actually interested to see this.

Your point against Raziek is actually true. He's probably an indy with that survivalist attitude.
Townread on Nabe?

I'm biased. Get at me.

It's still just a slight lean.
By the way Asdioh, the reason I know that was fake is because I've learned to doubt repeat roles of the same faction. If you really are a day killer, you are either indy or mafia.
Would you expect that from Inferno? John has only made two posts, and they are the RVS ones.

You think I'm probably town for knowing your gambit was a gambit? I do not think this is enough. Way too easy for me to fake as scum.

Pick one between the two.
Yeah by the way I'm pretty sure it is Swiss.

You still show no examples of play, actions, or intents, and your stances just look really safe.
[/collapse]

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Nabe liked one of my posts here it seems as well so I think I’ll share a fun factoid of this game.

Sometimes town have some of the worst reads and also how a Bingo isn’t always almost a garunteed Lynch.

And also it shows my early adoration on Nabe has been bubbling since 2014 with the track N1. <3

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I think this was my first real game in DGames. I had played a few games in the BBR, but was still fairly new to Mafia as a whole.

Yakuza is a dumb role, lol. :salt:

Top Bottom