• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADVENT IX - Orlando, FL - May 12, 2012 - Singles Results Added!

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
This argument is ridiculous, hatin' on FL when your part of FL is just stupid.
Any way you look at this there is just gonna be another point brought up about how the argument is invalid or incorrect because obviously washington is a better *****ng state. If you have a problem with FL pride go move to Washington for ****'s sake.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Gahtzu there's nothing wrong with criticism of one's own region. If something's wrong with something it's probably better to try to fix it rather than simply ignoring the problem out of blind pride. Not doing so is actually probably worse for whatever it is that you take pride in.

Also Ian is part of the FL community. A community is made up of several individual parts, and Ian, like you and me, is one of those individual parts. We don't tell him to leave, as that's getting rid of a part that makes up our community.

All this said, Ian I believe you're exaggerating the problem, and I think you're being too pessimistic about what you've got. I don't know how active Washington's scene is, but I think it's probably more likely that the Florida scene is more active than Washington's.

It's true that Fl use to be a lot more active in the past. However, I wouldn't doubt that EVERY state was lot more active in the past, when Melee was younger and Brawl wasn't out yet. So yes it's true that the Melee scene has declined but again I wouldn't be surprised if EVERY scene has declined. Don't think that this phenomenon is exclusive with the Fl scene.

Don't blame the Fl smashes for this. People grow up. Other things gain in priority. Interest in a game may dwindle as time goes on. Honestly it's not really anyone's duty to play this game if they don't want to. After all, it's just a game. If they don't want to play this game, or have other things they need to attend to, then so be it.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
This argument is ridiculous, hatin' on FL when your part of FL is just stupid.
you're*

I will gladly hate on whatever it is I wish, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Does that put your panties in a bunch? That I'm able to express my freedom of speech which your beloved country permits me to utilise? It sure seems like it.

Any way you look at this there is just gonna be another point brought up about how the argument is invalid or incorrect because obviously washington is a better *****ng state.
Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking. I want you to quote me on where I say that Washington is better overall than Florida. Right now. Do it. I don't want "implications" or anything silly like that, either, because this is the second time someone has misunderstood what I've said completely, and I really don't understand how hard it could be.

If you have a problem with FL pride go move to Washington for ****'s sake.
:embarrass: Do you really think what you just said makes even the slightest bit of sense?

Don't blame the Fl smashes for this. People grow up. Other things gain in priority. Interest in a game may dwindle as time goes on. Honestly it's not really anyone's duty to play this game if they don't want to. After all, it's just a game. If they don't want to play this game, or have other things they need to attend to, then so be it.
Don't take me seriously when I seem legitimately distressed about this stuff. I'm glad the game even exists at all.

sorry kid numbers dont lie
:troll:

BairJew

Smash Journeyman
Well to be frank I was backing up my friend because you were being an ***.
But overall, what you just expressed makes you look more like a child saying "nah nah nah" when somebody gets offended with a way in which you slightly disrespected the state which you are a part of.
Honestly I could care less what you say or think, I was just defending what in my belief is a great community. Even though you have lost faith in it and don't find it to be to your tastes, this community is pretty amazing in my eyes.
Your need to start arguments for just the rush or feeling of power is quite strange, I don't care about how you use freedom of speech not sure why you brought that up honestly. It's as much your country as it is mine if you live in it, so that also seemed like an odd statement to make.

Anyways can't change your views and I didn't really make it my goal to do so. But I could have sworn you changed from Tampa to Orlando because the community in Orlando was more appealing to you. There was probably more to it than that, but it seems confusing that Now it seems you are criticizing the dwindling of the community which you are a part of. The newcomers which came to this tournament shows that more and more people are drawn to Orlando. The results of the recent tournament held in Seminole had a turnout of more than 30 people which included Shiz who you said isn't active anymore.

So anyways back on to discussion about the results. Still waiting on a.bracket, BluEG do you know when it is going to go up? Also, thanks Wizzrobe your bits of advice were really useful and the matches were pretty fun, definitely hope to see you at the next A.I.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Honestly I could care less what you say or think
gigantic wall of text about someones thoughts that you could care less about

lol ian you didn't even come to my tourney after you said you would

so shaddduppp

usa>>>>>>>>>>>>>russia

ELO says so
lmao HOW DARE YOU :mad:

also my bad, honestly just didn't feel like going anywhere and i shouldn't have said anything. i was way too tired. next time, i promise!

Grapist

Smash Rookie
Does it really matter which state has more of a crowd?
To be honest the crowd sizes we have now fit perfectly, takes the entire time we have the place to do the tourny.

Van.

Smash Ace
^Really? Whew, IDK. I think we would have to get pretty lucky with the blind for that. The only way I could see us winning by ten is Maaaaybe if we get plup vs. C!Z and hbox vs. eggz somehow. whats your rationality?

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I always heard that Washington was a bad region skillwise, I'm guessing that's not true now though.

Top Bottom