• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADVENT IX - Orlando, FL - May 12, 2012 - Singles Results Added!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Hey guys. Here's results for our monthly Orlando tournament, held at NEXT Level Lan.

Melee Teams:

8 Teams

1: Plup + HBOX
2: Wizzy + Ghatzu
3: BluEG + GM2
4: Van + Bairjew
5: Grapist + mcninja
5: Angel + Gabe
7: Andy + Thomas
7: Darien + Tyler

Singles

22 Entrants

We did Swiss Bracket, and then allowed buy-ins for players who didn't make it past the Swiss Bracket or simply did not make it in time for Swiss Bracket. The only two players who did so were Skrach and Sick, who paid equal entrance into the Tiebreaker bracket, seeded 7th and 8th. The top four players from Swiss were chosen and automatically placed in the final bracket (8-man final bracket).

Top Four Swiss Players:

Hungrybox
Gahtzu
Plup
Eikelmann

Six other players were tied for the remaining four spots. Along with Sick and Skrach, 8 players were placed in a tiebreaker bracket. The top four players in Tiebreaker were placed in the final bracket.

Tiebreaker bracket:

Singles Final Bracket:

1: Hungrybox ($75.00)
2: Plup ($37.50)
3: Skrach ($22.50)
4: Gahtzu ($15.00)
5: Brodz
5: Sick
7: Wizzrobe
7: Eikelmann

Van.

Smash Ace
AB results were:

1: Van
2: Fearz
3: Apollo (forfeit in LF)
4:McNinja
5:Sworddancer (forfeit in LQ)
5:
i forget the rest, and idt if they saved the file :(

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
We have the amateur bracket saved. Gonna post it soon.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
a lil depressing how small the florida scene has become

you guys used to be 2nd best region in the nation

i miss the queen dvs days

B-Rod Z

Smash Rookie
Fun ****. Thanks to everyone for reminding me how much I love this game.

Shoutouts to:
Wizzrobe for being as pro as everyone says he is. You got me real scared to play you next time.
Gahtzu for making my first game in months hard as hell
Skrach for being chill and helping me with marth matchup stuff and all the friendlies. I got you next time.
Eikelmann for being really good with that slippery ganon. I feel like i robbed you in bracket, next time bro.
Sworddancer for always being chill. Work on that confidence man and you'll be ****** in no time.
Swarm for being ballz.
Hungrybox for hosting and ****** me with puff. Next time chill for a second and help me with the matchup, I have no idea what to do against puff.
Rekrul for coming and not playing in tourney. You suck.
Plup for styling on me with Samus and helping me with the matchup. I'll try not to be so aggro next time so I don't get wrecked.
BluEG for being mad good despite not being able to wavedash OOS.

Tried not to forget anyone sorry if I did.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
What Gahtzu said. and this is just a local tournament and its 9th one, nothing special. Not like it's a new tournament series or a regional or national.

Grapist

Smash Rookie
Wanna give a few shoutouts out as well though,
Thanks Van, Bairjew and Mcninja for introducing me a while ago to tournaments, glad to be in them and glad to have you guys to train with.
Thanks to Plup for giving me a few tips after destroying me first match
thanks rekrul for entertaining me the entire time
and props to Hungry for hosting again and for having a few fun matches with me.
Also, glad to see a few people again, BluEG and co, and more.
Still not a very known person, so not many people to have shoutouts for :p

Van.

Smash Ace
^We may have fallen out of number two, but even if we have then washington is still certainly no where close XD

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
uhhhh

Florida isn't small and we still are
1. florida doesn't even hit 30 people anymore for singles entrants on any of it's tournament series (hopefully AotI can change this)

^We may have fallen out of number two, but even if we have then washington is still certainly no where close XD
2. who comes to florida? who comes to cfl aside from gainesville, seminole, or sfl? right. who goes to washington? everyone goes to washington. oregon, canada, california, and they just recently held a national in their state. when was the last time florida held a tournament that gathered people from outside of the state for melee? you were saying?

so yeah. get outta here with that florida bias.

Van.

Smash Ace
1. Hungrybox
2. DaShizWiz
3. ColBol
4. Plup
5. Linguini/Chopz

vs.

1. Silent Wolf
2. Bladewise
3. Eggz
4. Toph
5. C!Z

gg's ian :awesome:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Eikelmooney either support your own ****ing community or get the **** out of it
I've really never understood statements like these. How does my post state that I don't support my community? Actually, on the contrary, I'm so adamant about it because I'm disappointed at what's happened to us, and that I would only want it to be a stronger community.

Evan, Shiz and Linguini don't even play anymore, and chops moved back to New York. Try Rock Crock instead of Linguini.

Van.

Smash Ace
I've really never understood statements like these. How does my post state that I don't support my community? Actually, on the contrary, I'm so adamant about it because I'm disappointed at what's happened to us, and that I would only want it to be a stronger community.

Evan, Shiz and Linguini don't even play anymore, and chops moved back to New York. Try Rock Crock instead of Linguini.
Are you ****ing ****ting me?

linguini said he was "taking a break", besides everyone says they're going to quit then doesn't

shiz was at A of I two ****ing weeks ago, and even though he's been "retired" for 2.5 years, he still manages to make it out to two tournies a year

it is not fair AT ALL to lsay those two aren't part of FL

i didn't know about chops, but it doesn't matter

if you really think washington would win that crew battle, you're straight delusional

Эикельманн [РУС]

he's taking a break. right. and when was the last time he entered a tournament? why even put him on that list?

shiz came out because it was the right place at the right time. before that, he hadn't entered a florida tournament in ages.

putting those three on that list is just as delusional as thinking washington would "get stomped."

Van.

Smash Ace
he's taking a break. right. and when was the last time he entered a tournament? why even put him on that list?

shiz came out because it was the right place at the right time. before that, he hadn't entered a florida tournament in ages.

putting those three on that list is just as delusional as thinking washington would "get stomped."
If he lives in FL and goes to melee tournaments, he's an FL melee player. I don't understand any other logic here
Fl is prob better than us lol. id bet that in a year well be better tho :]
well there ya go

Van.

Smash Ace
there is alot of difference from going to apex 4 months ago and being some MW player from 2004

i wish people could just lose arguments gracefully instead of flailing desperately after all hope is lost :/

Эикельманн [РУС]

there is alot of difference from going to apex 4 months ago and being some MW player from 2004
What? Really?

Okay, so lets get something straight.

The word "active" is clearly very subjective. You feel that someone can still be an active member of a community if they attend tournaments every four, five, maybe even six months (that's half a year, which is a pretty solid amount of time). I do not. Shiz, who doesn't even touch a controller aside from what spontaneous events he may travel to, is active because he came to Apex 4 months ago, and because he attended Attack of the Indians just recently. That's a four month gap! Sure, he's a Florida Melee player. I never even tried to debate that. But he's certainly not an active one, and doesn't deserve to be on that list at all.

Can you tell me how long it was before he attended something before Apex? Longer than an "active player" should go. If I can go two years without competing, suddenly enter a tournament, and then, almost half a year later, enter another tournament and be considered active, something is very wrong.

Linguini, admittedly, is a bit more active than Shiz, but not by far. Aside from maybe attending one or two of the first advents, that's almost all he did in 2011 aside from Tipped Off and Apex, and that's the only thing that sets him aside from Shiz. They're both very inactive.

I never said that Florida would lose. If you can quote me saying that, please do. Florida is not the second best region. That's a load of *********** bias that the South has always been great at spewing out.

i wish people could just lose arguments gracefully instead of flailing desperately after all hope is lost :/
Your definition of an argument is also clearly skewed.

Van.

Smash Ace
you yourself named 4 tournaments linguini went to in a year. shiz has now been to two in 4 months. i think the last thing he went to before that was NOOB 3. reguardless, there's no reason to classify him as inactive. people should not go to tournaments for 6 months before we even THINK about labeling them "inactive".

Your first post strongly implied you thought Washington would win. No debating that

That comment about my definition of "argument" bneing skewed was just bizarre. Why does everyone pretend they're a master of debate these days?

edit: i think you're probably right about us not being second tho', low cal and tristate are both pretty solidly ahead of us.

we're clearly the best of the rest tho'

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Best doesn't always have to be in terms of skill.
Who cares if we have 5 good players when we can't get more people to show up?

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
Dude Linguini still goes to ZP all the time and ****s ppl up. If we had a crew battle Im pretty sure he would be down

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Are you ****ing ****ting me?

linguini said he was "taking a break", besides everyone says they're going to quit then doesn't

shiz was at A of I two ****ing weeks ago, and even though he's been "retired" for 2.5 years, he still manages to make it out to two tournies a year

it is not fair AT ALL to lsay those two aren't part of FL

i didn't know about chops, but it doesn't matter

if you really think washington would win that crew battle, you're straight delusional
What? Really?

Okay, so lets get something straight.

The word "active" is clearly very subjective. You feel that someone can still be an active member of a community if they attend tournaments every four, five, maybe even six months (that's half a year, which is a pretty solid amount of time). I do not. Shiz, who doesn't even touch a controller aside from what spontaneous events he may travel to, is active because he came to Apex 4 months ago, and because he attended Attack of the Indians just recently. That's a four month gap! Sure, he's a Florida Melee player. I never even tried to debate that. But he's certainly not an active one, and doesn't deserve to be on that list at all.

Can you tell me how long it was before he attended something before Apex? Longer than an "active player" should go. If I can go two years without competing, suddenly enter a tournament, and then, almost half a year later, enter another tournament and be considered active, something is very wrong.

Linguini, admittedly, is a bit more active than Shiz, but not by far. Aside from maybe attending one or two of the first advents, that's almost all he did in 2011 aside from Tipped Off and Apex, and that's the only thing that sets him aside from Shiz. They're both very inactive.

I never said that Florida would lose. If you can quote me saying that, please do. Florida is not the second best region. That's a load of *********** bias that the South has always been great at spewing out.

Your definition of an argument is also clearly skewed.

So fun tournament, right guys?

Top Bottom