• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advancing Peach's Metagame

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
yes.. yes I do.. :3 iirc I'm also 10th on our PR for southern Ontario.. haha XD I was 7th at one point... but then inactivity.. but now I'm more or less back lmao~

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Be honest, what do you guys think of this thread?

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Right now... i think the Peach mains haven't really collaborated on anything together.. let alone really tried to make a meta game for her. I know each of us are all on different pages. It would help if we all gave feedback on our stratagies and such... but I think because Peach is very versitile... we all play her too differently for anything to be really accomplished.

I think we should perhaps share something rather unique about our playstyle and then try to adapt it.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Right now... i think the Peach mains haven't really collaborated on anything together.. let alone really tried to make a meta game for her. I know each of us are all on different pages. It would help if we all gave feedback on our stratagies and such... but I think because Peach is very versitile... we all play her too differently for anything to be really accomplished.
basically which is why I like her so much. Somethings work for some while work badly for others

:phone:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

I think we should perhaps share something rather unique about our playstyle and then try to adapt it.
I tried to explain how I play when I am on point. I really can't explain how I play. Im just.....idk. I think KB worded it "weird" something like that.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
^-^ Ikr? It's fun having a chance to explore MU's in our own way~ Even make us unique as players haha. I don't think there is a 'pattern' peach outside maybe Wifi Peachs... XD
yeah lol I really can't play WiFi at all. I suck pretty bad. I'm probably going to start working on a very diverse play style soon.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
yeah lol I really can't play WiFi at all. I suck pretty bad. I'm probably going to start working on a very diverse play style soon.

Wifi ruins my playstyle.. since I focus on Baiting and such.. and the delayed inputs on windstepping is just... :( Offline it's perfectly safe to windstep bair for example diddys shield.. if he ps it and down smashes you can ps the dsmash. Due to no Lag upon dropping the bair on hitbox. Online... the dsmash hits... and he doesnt even need to Ps.. :(

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Wifi ruins my playstyle.. since I focus on Baiting and such.. and the delayed inputs on windstepping is just... :( Offline it's perfectly safe to windstep bair for example diddys shield.. if he ps it and down smashes you can ps the dsmash. Due to no Lag upon dropping the bair on hitbox. Online... the dsmash hits... and he doesnt even need to Ps.. :(
its impossible! I just gave up on it. Florida has been pretty meh lately but seems next month they are starting again.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
What do I think about this thread? It's excellent.

I read this thread only last week and have incorporated at least 5 things into my gameplay since then and more to come soon! Only sad thing is I don't main Peach!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Thanks you guys.

I wasn't asking to get an ego-boost or anything, I just legitimately wanted to know if anyone keeps up with this or still benefits from it.

Nordal

Smash Lord
What the **** is going on?
I'm not sure; my brain imploded after reading one of the posts.

Thanks you guys.

I wasn't asking to get an ego-boost or anything, I just legitimately wanted to know if anyone keeps up with this or still benefits from it.
This thread really helped me, considering I make improvements by someone telling me what to do. Hell, you saw it first hand when I was dittoing 2link and then asked you how to win the ditto.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
If King Dedede uses his Up B and lands on the stage, we can sweet-spot up smash him. I'm not sure if that's been mentioned or explored. So what I do is hog the ledge, then we they use Up B I follow their trajectory with a float and air dodge as they are landing. Then you can dash in and sweet spot him potentially for the KO at 115% or so, which is useful. It's not something you'll do every game, but definitely helps in KOing him.

What do you think?

On a side ntoe I was thinking of making a weekly topic Consider the situation covering some unconventional solutions to some of Peaches' problems.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If King Dedede uses his Up B and lands on the stage, we can sweet-spot up smash him. I'm not sure if that's been mentioned or explored. So what I do is hog the ledge, then we they use Up B I follow their trajectory with a float and air dodge as they are landing. Then you can dash in and sweet spot him potentially for the KO at 115% or so, which is useful. It's not something you'll do every game, but definitely helps in KOing him.

What do you think?

On a side ntoe I was thinking of making a weekly topic Consider the situation covering some unconventional solutions to some of Peaches' problems.
Just Float Land on the stage, run to follow his drop, wave dash to a stop and then upsmash him. its Much faster. And if you are a lil off to catch him with an upsmash, do this to an uptilt. No way in hell his dropping up-B is beating her uptilt.

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
Gimping with turnip

Hey guys, I'm new to peach so forgive me if this has ever been answered, but I managed to make it so that after doing a lagless turnip pull at the edge, I could also z-drop it, and instantly grab the ledge, do you think this would be a good gimp for characters like diddy and oli?

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm new to peach so forgive me if this has ever been answered, but I managed to make it so that after doing a lagless turnip pull at the edge, I could also z-drop it, and instantly grab the ledge, do you think this would be a good gimp for characters like diddy and oli?
Due to DI and such, while Gimping is somewhat effective it's hardly seen anymore... even with Oli and Diddy. Instead of a turnip.. you can pressure Diddy with Dair which trades with his recovery.. if you land the last hit of Dair on him it beats it sending diddy straight down. Oli try pressuring with Nair, or even fair. Be careful as Fair hits on the same frame of Oli's super armour if he times it right, while Nair you can just bait the whistle.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Got a couple ideas and wanted people's thoughts...

1) Peach has a really quick jab that has good range. What if we jab cancelled jab 1, so we could jab 1 again? If done correctly, you could pull off something like:

Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Grab, Pummel (pummel again if able) -> Throw.

That's already 4+ moves that help unstale her moves. Typically, I can only get two Jab 1s in before the opponent can escape or counter another attempted jab.

2) An interesting edgeguard Peach can do (especially on taller/bulky characters) is quickly walk off stage, quickly/immediately drop a turnip downward to the opponent, and follow up with a floated nair or a jumping nair. Doesn't always work but if the opponent isn't expecting it, it completely wrecks certain characters like ZSS. It's sort of like http://youtu.be/YZQqUe8SAms?t=1m33s but not as far down and it is much quicker... Of course, it comes down to the opponent not expecting it.

Peach also has a Z-drop turnip to dair/nair/footstool which is similar to ^

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I was thinking of an alternative to rolling... While it isn't as quick, I think it's less predictable and a nice mix-up.

D-Tilt -> Spotdodge? (Though you'd have to time it right to slide far away)
Might not be THAT useful, but I just wanted to share my thoughts. :p

oirasorledyelsie

Smash Apprentice
Um.. I'm not sure if anyone does this all...

But is Footstool to Fair a possible setup???

You have to float the footstool so you stay on your victim's vincinity.... I think the footstool animation is long enough to fair an opponent in the face...

I'm not that good so I can only pull it on CPUS... I think it also works with Nair and Bair...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow all Peaches should weak bair more (floated bair -> release float immediately after). From low to high percentages, you can almost always follow up after a weak bair.

There's so many things you can do in training that I wish was as easy to do in an actual game like bair lock to up air string.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Weak bair is something I used a lot and it's amazing for spacing and connects great into F-Tilt.

oirasorledyelsie I'll help you find some footstool footage. I personally find Bair/Dair out of shield footstool are the most reliable methods of doing this. Also Footstool to Double Nair/Bair is great.

A lot of peaches fail to utilize her full arsenal of AT's.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Weak bair is something I used a lot and it's amazing for spacing and connects great into F-Tilt.

oirasorledyelsie I'll help you find some footstool footage. I personally find Bair/Dair out of shield footstool are the most reliable methods of doing this. Also Footstool to Double Nair/Bair is great.

A lot of peaches fail to utilize her full arsenal of AT's.
Wow @ Niko posting. The OG Peach from 08' be sure to listen to this guy :) But Slayerz is getting it in w/ Peach by placing top 5 in Socal which is the 2nd best region in America atm.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Wow @ Niko posting. The OG Peach from 08' be sure to listen to this guy :) But Slayerz is getting it in w/ Peach by placing top 5 in Socal which is the 2nd best region in America atm.
Sup gadiel! Glad to see you still discussin peach.
What do you think of dair being used as pressure?
Should it be followed up by another dair, or if you Are expecting a spotdodge, then fair.
Or if you have a turnip, Z-drop it after dair, jab(in case of spotdodge) then throw?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Sup gadiel! Glad to see you still discussin peach.
What do you think of dair being used as pressure?
Should it be followed up by another dair, or if you Are expecting a spotdodge, then fair.
Or if you have a turnip, Z-drop it after dair, jab(in case of spotdodge) then throw?
Dair is a good shield pressure move, and most people know how to DI out of Dair, so they really won't be spotdoding, haha. I think Fair is too slow to hit people out of their spotdodge anyway. I don't think you'll be able to get a Z drop after a dair unless they roll behind you or something. You should prob watch the top Peach's(Excel_Zero, Illmatic, Silly Kyle, Slayerz, LLOD) to get a better feel of what works/doesn't work.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Theres many other great ways to hit dairs that don't necessarily involve simply floating and letting the move run the entire course of it's animation. SH and FH dairs (towards / away) not hitting your enemy are great spacing tools and landing into ftilt further helps space yourself. Also you can use dair falling into an autocancel of any of the hits before the last into grabs, dsmash to poke shield, shield if you suspect a fast frame attack as a counter into OOS attack, many options. Also utilizing footstool dair out of shield is very important and it's actually a lot easier than maybe people make it out to be. It's guaranteed and again you don't have to use the whole animation and in a guaranteed situation like that many would suspect that you would so linking into other options or spacing into turnip defense are more easily accomplished if you use dair in the right way.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Yeah ive thought of that, But followups after footstool? I've honestly never seen footstool use as anything else cept as an edgeguard technique. Got any links of general footstool usage in matches cept for edgeguarding?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
why would you use that color on a dark gray background oh god

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
That font colour is more readable now than before the forum changed. Still obnoxious though.

Short hop Z-drop turnip to floating dair is something I'm trying to incorporate more. Can work as an edgeguard-ish.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Someone tell me in your opinion the best dair string iyo.
For me basically it's multiple dairs into anything else but, anybody know anymore effective more creative strings?

Maybe to advance Peach you have to figure out a more ideal way of playing with peach and try to maximize that potential.

For example, her staple weakness in my opinion is her horrible falling speed and air dodge. They severely reduce how well she can get down and its something that's really abusable by really any character. So, if you can avoid stages like FD where this is really apparent or choose stages like SV which give you a large range to land (thus increasing the difficult of the other character to cover everything) you could mitigate those weaknesses. Also, choosing to not full hop as much and stick with ground options to avoid risking yourself in the air.

Are turnips as useful as you think? If you have a turnip, you give up a ton of options such as grab, jab, tilts, and smashes (freedom of whenever you want to smash). This makes peach actually really weak up close. Turnips, great for a distance, terrible up close. Maybe you are pulling and using turnips at the wrong times and not giving much consideration to proper time to use it.

A think I noticed is extremely useful to anyone in smash is the idea of "react and deny". In melee, Marth is very good at being able to simply wait for the opponent to do something and cover all options of said action. In brawl, MK and Snake are too also rather good at doing this too. Snake more so in the event that he can force you to make an action towards him (into an attack?) or make you retreat and he gains stage where eventually you get forced to the ledge with even few options. MK can follow you in the air very well. You try to airdodge, he can force you to and then still attack you for doing it.

How well can peach do this? Maybe there are situations with peach where she is not that sort of character. Perhaps instead she has to make commitments to do anything. What can you do with that in that case? Minimize the times where you have to make commitments and stick with the "react and deny" model idea. Cover certain things you can, if the opponent does not make those options, you make an adjustment to start covering there new position.

Top Bottom