• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adol Christin's Journey Towards Smash (Cold Steel 3 on Switch!?)

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
A good chunk of comments praised Falcom's music, so that was nice. And at least Rean got brought up; meanwhile Kevin is in some corner like "I also exist."

But in all seriousness, he's cool. And can y'all imagine if we actually got the SNK treatment with the songs? That would be so awesome.
Kevin will be back eventually! I have no doubts.

Imagine yeah, Trails, Ys, Popful Mail, Xanadu, Brandish etc music.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Ys music slaps (except Ys V... hopefully some day we'll get a proper port/remaster of it).

Following the thought expressed here a few posts earlier, I too have come to think that falcom could be getting its chance in the SSBU DLC.

1. It would be a Company bringing in the main character of a franchise that's never been represented in Smash.
2. Ys has a long running history as one of (if not THE) pioneers of the Action RPGs (oooooh Ys so goooood!)
3. Adol (depending on what game(s) they would use to create his moveset) could be a fun character to play as. The more recent releases have added the Flash Guard and Flash Move mechanics, making battles against enemies really fast-paced and engaging (and rewarding once one masters these two mechanics).
4. Did I mention Y's music slaps (HARD)? :denzel:
5. It would help bring awareness of the Ys series (and other falcom IPs via Mii Costumes, and music perhaps) and could even serve to promote Monstrum Nox (although it already released, but the game's localization should come eventually).

Just the thought of having Adol finally meet Link in battle, and on top of that Cloud as well... it would be crazy. Fingers crossed ladies and gents. :2gud:

Adolforsmash

Smash Cadet
A good chunk of comments praised Falcom's music, so that was nice. And at least Rean got brought up; meanwhile Kevin is in some corner like "I also exist."

But in all seriousness, he's cool. And can y'all imagine if we actually got the SNK treatment with the songs? That would be so awesome.
so you want me to bang my head until my neck breaks xD I love adol and falcom music

Coconattsu

Smash Cadet

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Sakurai dropped by in a smash tournament. Working on the next DLC. The tournament was held at Odaiba Oedo Onsen Monogatari theme park.
Nihon Falcom Corp. is less than an hour away. This is kind of a stretch. Just thought I'd bring it up.

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/...ops-by-famitsu-s-smash-bros-ultimate-corporat
That's actually an interesting bit of info. Honestly, putting aside all the current speculation going around; I feel that a Falcom rep would be a HUGE boon to Ultimate's roster. Adol, Estelle, Rean; I'd be down for either of the three. Not only would it be a new third party collaborating on the game, but it would bring awareness to some of the hidden gems in gaming. I say hidden because, unlike say Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem and such; not as many know of the Ys, or The Legend of Heroes series. These two Falcom IPs have had a long history in gaming, and have withstood the test of time with new releases, and unadulterated engaging gameplay, lore, and music (oh the MUSIC). Here's to hoping for Falcom to join in.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Sakurai dropped by in a smash tournament. Working on the next DLC. The tournament was held at Odaiba Oedo Onsen Monogatari theme park.
Nihon Falcom Corp. is less than an hour away. This is kind of a stretch. Just thought I'd bring it up.

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/...ops-by-famitsu-s-smash-bros-ultimate-corporat
Stretch but it's interesting haha.

Also Ys 9 bullet point interview translation with Kondo lately also has spoilers for Ys 9 though https://docs.google.com/document/d/1efvlyHVUiJxARXQn-tgMX5bkWoD3ZrWDgy0ZCS_-Okw/edit

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Posting again sorry but man we avoided some bullets today. Between leakers saying #5 isn't Dante, NINTENDO being like RE spirits hey! and Verge saying Nipion Ichi is basically not in the running for a character.

We have some stuff to be thankful for haha.

Also a friend of mine found this in Papagenos server, a mere set of discussion points but the fact that ADOL is there is kind of encouraging!

unknown-21.png

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well, that didn't last long, as Verge said Falcom isn't in the running for FP5.

It didn't seem like a given to me anyway, but this is still not helpful.
Okay, so it looks like Falcom (and Ubisoft) are both out of the running according to Vergeben

Link to the Post

Edit: Ninja'd
I'm still glad people are just talking about Falcom more to the point someone asked in the first place. Honestly us spreading the word is still a good thing! Plus this is still only for character 5 we can't give up :D

KatKit

Smash Lord
Welp, I was going to post it, but it's a bit of a relief not being the bearer of bad news. We're not fighter #5 but we're still in the running. The news kinda sucks, but the attention it brought to the company is still a good thing. Let's keep supporting Adol and Nihon Falcom in general, and here's hoping recent events bring in more fans.

Last edited:

Coconattsu

Smash Cadet
I had already convinced myself it wasn't going to be #5 so it's fine by me. The fact that Falcom was even mentioned is big enough as is.

azrethvaloros

Smash Rookie
I'm still glad people are just talking about Falcom more to the point someone asked in the first place. Honestly us spreading the word is still a good thing! Plus this is still only for character 5 we can't give up :D
Exactly! The thought that Falcom has been mentioned by a notorious leaker is Huge.

Coconattsu

Smash Cadet

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
It is fantastic news but it's such a strange move without announcing 1 and 2 along with it. Still, I will not complain because it is better than getting nothing at all (Sky trilogy when though?)
I'm guessing it has to do with the split in who has the rights (in localized places anyways) Xseed might not want to give those up either.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Every Kiseki game being on a portable console sans Cold Steel 3 (and 4) is no longer an issue! Falcom games are perfect for mobile, and being on the Switch is the best possible outcome I can think of. Nihon Falcom's relationship with Nintendo is getting stronger. And now detractors can no longer argue that newer Kiseki games have no Nintendo connection.

This has been a pretty great year for us Falcom fans.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I'm guessing it has to do with the split in who has the rights (in localized places anyways) Xseed might not want to give those up either.
hopefully someone will talk to them and get them on there i'm going to still buy the game even tho i'd rather beat the first two just because i want to show falcom there is an aduenice on switch because weirdly they don't think that up to me to prove them wrong i've been waiting for another chance to buy one of there games on a nintendo console so i got to put up or shut up.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
hopefully someone will talk to them and get them on there i'm going to still buy the game even tho i'd rather beat the first two just because i want to show falcom there is an aduenice on switch because weirdly they don't think that up to me to prove them wrong i've been waiting for another chance to buy one of there games on a nintendo console so i got to put up or shut up.
We'll have to see, as it stands, CS3 isn't the worst starting point. It's one of the weirdest sure, but to it's credit it's like the only mid arc game that could work as one lmao. Because you still get introduced to the older stuff through newer characters eyes, but you do miss that "aha" you'd usually get.

Not to mention tons of casual spoilers of CS2 and AO.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Welp, at the very least the previous Trails games are on PC and have a tendency to go on sale frequently (and that the Crossbell games have fan translations)

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Welp, at the very least the previous Trails games are on PC and have a tendency to go on sale frequently (and that the Crossbell games have fan translations)
Yeah, plenty of ways to play them. I'm curious to see how stuff is going forward.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
i just hope they do put more on the switch i like there stuff i'll support them

Adolforsmash

Smash Cadet
You guys do realize vergil saying no to alot of characters we wanted didn't mean disconfirmed because there wasn't any character announced during game awards so that means we still have a chance

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
You guys do realize vergil saying no to alot of characters we wanted didn't mean disconfirmed because there wasn't any character announced during game awards so that means we still have a chance
that was for fp5, in general, my guy

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Knew I forgot to do something on the forum. I'll add my support for a rep from one of my favourite developers. Far more Trails than Ys as I am a massive fan of the former. Would ideally want Estelle or Rean provided they can make the ARCUS system into the movesets.

The Three Trails artwork holds a place on my wall. A1 giant. I love Falcom so much and I will be getting Ys IX and Cold Steel IV.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So those announcements from a couple days ago were pretty fun. Crossbell games coming to the PS4 (Which also might mean an english release) along with a new Kiseki game coming in the form of Hajimaru no Kiseki

Dutch Raikuna

So I posted this story of how I got into Trails in the Newcomer Discussion. Don't know is this is allowed but I though I would post it here as well as this is the main support thread for us Falcomers.

Quick Story about how I got into Trails (and Hyperdimension Neptunia):

So early October 2016; Final Fantasy XV, my most anticipated game of the generation was a month and a half away. In college one of my friends was leaving soon. So he was telling my friend, an older rough looking fella about anime he should get into. He had his laptop in one day and during lunch I watching him play Hyperdimension Neptunia. A bit of back and forth came about so he told me to watch the anime.
I came home and started watching it. I was in love in Neptune, my future Goddess Noire and co. Neptunia was a nice optimistic thing to watch for me.
Next day I bought Rebirth 1 for the PS Vita and after about two weeks of playing it and completing I felt....... unsatisfied. The game was simply ok. The characters though gave it heart. I still revisit the Gamindustri crowd when I am going through a bad time via the games or the anime.

So I looked for new games. I checked out Trails of Cold Steel all because of Don't be Defeated battle theme from the game appeared in my recommendations list on YouTube. I listened to it and my mind was blown. This was me hearing what I thought was the greatest piece of music since You Will Know Our Names from Xenoblade.
A few days later I bought the game for about £25 for Vita from a second hand game store. First week of November this was.
I fell in love with the series. Then I hit a roadblock on a boss in the Nord Highlands. FFXV came out and the game fell to the wayside. I vowed to complete Cold Steel 1 and 2 one day.
Until this year. I bought the remasters and finally beat them. I was ecstatic. I got the Three Trails artwork from IV for my wall as my own reward for completing 1 & 2.
Class VII and co are amazing characters that I cared about and in a sense had a life that I sort of wish I had, just as much as Kino from Kino's Journey (The character in my profile pic.).
Now with every game that takes place there in Zemuria, I cannot wait to join it.

Last edited:

Coconattsu

Smash Cadet
So I posted this story of how I got into Trails in the Newcomer Discussion. Don't know is this is allowed but I though I would post it here as well as this is the main support thread for us Falcomers...

Thanks for sharing, I feel ya, I got a deep passion for the Kiseki games. Funnily enough, I was introduced to Falcom because of their "cameo" in Hyperdimension Neptunia, so somewhat related.

I really do hope they do end up localizing the Crossbell games, it feels like Falcom's 'Mother 3', but I'm more optimistic about this one getting translated than I ever will about Mother 3.

Coconattsu

Smash Cadet
I come again with a little surprise, I had this commissioned from this wonderful artist by the name of SamaLilia

I'll warn you that this is heavily biased towards Estelle since it was me who asked for it, of course. Still, I thought you guys would at least appreciate it because of Adol and Rean being in there too (Any of them is fine, mkay?!). I'm really happy how it turned out.

So here it is:

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Hello! I know this thread hasn't gotten some activity in a bit but I thought it'd be a good time as any to come in and voice my support. I'm admittledly more acquainted with Trails (I've played every game from Trails in the Sky to Cold Steel 1) but I'm trying to get more into Ys at the moment (I've played Ys 1 and 2 already and found them great). So yeah, I'd love to see Estelle/Adol/Rean being added! Perhaps even Lloyd or Kevin... Though I'd personally prefer Estelle. I guess I just have a bias towards her, lol.

Well, without getting too long-winded, best of luck with the support, everyone. I'd love anyone just for the music.

Coconattsu

Smash Cadet
Hello! I know this thread hasn't gotten some activity in a bit but I thought it'd be a good time as any to come in and voice my support. I'm admittledly more acquainted with Trails (I've played every game from Trails in the Sky to Cold Steel 1) but I'm trying to get more into Ys at the moment (I've played Ys 1 and 2 already and found them great). So yeah, I'd love to see Estelle/Adol/Rean being added! Perhaps even Lloyd or Kevin... Though I'd personally prefer Estelle. I guess I just have a bias towards her, lol.

Well, without getting too long-winded, best of luck with the support, everyone. I'd love anyone just for the music.
Ah yes, Estelle bias, I can definitely relate.

It's always a good time to show your support, thanks for showing up! And yes, everyone's a winner in the end as long as we get Falcom music :kirby:

Dutch Raikuna

Welcome Falcomer. I too have an Estelle bias even though I've only played the Cold Steel games.
I'm weird. I would personally want Estelle as the rep but have a stage from Cold Steel but with more music from the Crossbell duo.

Dutch Raikuna

So a two week bump but I figured out how to work the image uploader so I really want to show this on the fan thread. Nothing major Falcom news but here it is.

Small Posterineee.jpg

Finally, I can show the Three Trails artwork on my wall. As a Falcomer this is a neat way to show my fanboy of their games. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Coconattsu

Smash Cadet
So a two week bump but I figured out how to work the image uploader so I really want to show this on the fan thread. Nothing major Falcom news but here it is.

View attachment 256492

Finally, I can show the Three Trails artwork on my wall. As a Falcomer this is a neat way to show my fanboy of their games. What do you guys think?
I want something like this on my wall too, looks great. I was thinking of that other artwork with the three of them looking up (anniversary pic?), but then I remembered Kevin and that other girl which I haven't gotten far enough to recognize, are there too.

Top Bottom