• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adeleine, the Miracle Painter (& Ribbon?): Sorry for the wait... but the wait continues.

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352
She definitely has moveset potential, she is also very cute. I hope that one day she gets included in the roster! Even as an assist trophy she could create paintings to fight against opponents, with a different one each time.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Gee, it's been quiet here as of late. What are people doing these days that keeps them from showing up here?

I guess there's not a lot to say about Adeleine... I realize that's a weakness of hers, but one of my interests in promoting Adeleine is to make her a better character. There's a lot they could do with a human that can bring paintings to life, but for whatever reason she remains a relatively obscure character. Which, by the way, isn't fair at all. I could easily think up an argument against Adeleine being a mainstay had she stayed in Dream Land 3, but because she was in 64, I can't help but feel like she needs more spotlight.

I also feel like there really isn't an excuse anymore for not bringing her back. For a long time, I figured they somehow collectively forgot about her. But as of late they've begun to use her and her associated traits again (mostly the latter) so I don't think that's the case. Not to mention they keep bringing back old scenarios and homages to past games, in some cases bringing back old bosses.

The problem is, I don't see evidence that she's anywhere in the process to becoming at least slightly important enough to possibly get into Smash. More of Blowout Blast was finally revealed not too long ago and it probably won't feature her given its theme. The Switch game could bring her back, but it's risky to assume that given the last few mainline games. The one I have my eyes on is the multiplayer action game for 3DS, but that's because there's still no details about it. And since the Switch game is probably HAL's priority, it could be that the 3DS game is no more than re-used assets and Kirby clones. Or worse, it got cancelled.

If Adeleine somehow manages to get into the next Smash without the help of the Kirby series, that would be a wonderful scenario, but... I completely doubt that will happen.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Gee, it's been quiet here as of late. What are people doing these days that keeps them from showing up here?

I guess there's not a lot to say about Adeleine... I realize that's a weakness of hers, but one of my interests in promoting Adeleine is to make her a better character. There's a lot they could do with a human that can bring paintings to life, but for whatever reason she remains a relatively obscure character. Which, by the way, isn't fair at all. I could easily think up an argument against Adeleine being a mainstay had she stayed in Dream Land 3, but because she was in 64, I can't help but feel like she needs more spotlight.

I also feel like there really isn't an excuse anymore for not bringing her back. For a long time, I figured they somehow collectively forgot about her. But as of late they've begun to use her and her associated traits again (mostly the latter) so I don't think that's the case. Not to mention they keep bringing back old scenarios and homages to past games, in some cases bringing back old bosses.

The problem is, I don't see evidence that she's anywhere in the process to becoming at least slightly important enough to possibly get into Smash. More of Blowout Blast was finally revealed not too long ago and it probably won't feature her given its theme. The Switch game could bring her back, but it's risky to assume that given the last few mainline games. The one I have my eyes on is the multiplayer action game for 3DS, but that's because there's still no details about it. And since the Switch game is probably HAL's priority, it could be that the 3DS game is no more than re-used assets and Kirby clones. Or worse, it got cancelled.

If Adeleine somehow manages to get into the next Smash without the help of the Kirby series, that would be a wonderful scenario, but... I completely doubt that will happen.
Well there's not much to talk about in regards to Kirby news or Smash news in general, so it's still rather quiet around here.
The easiest way I see Adeleine to be re-introduced into the Kirby games is if they bring back the Paint ability and redo what it does to be more in line with Adel's abilities, then she can be brought into the game as a secondary character purely using that ability.
The biggest reason for not bringing her back so far is that she just hasn't been necessary in these last few games. They only need 3 other characters for co-op and Dedede, Meta knight, and Bandana Dee all fit in better and are more widely known and loved. The Kirby fighting game is her best bet to get exposure so far.
All we can do right now is wait.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
This is exactly the reason why I didn't open the Adeleine thread earlier, because there is not much to talk about... I was hoping for a confirmation about that fighting game, but not even the E3 revealed anything about it, so we just need to wait.
I don't even know what to write without doing spam posts, I want to avoid that.
I could do some drawings or animations, but it requires some time and now I don't have much of it.

BTW I suggest you to be more optimistic anyway, this thread is a support thread for Adeleine, I know that her chances are low and all, but let's try to not make the thread fall into a "oh no, our character will never be in Smash" scenario, that's not useful to support the character.

Blowout Blast is themed after Kirby's Dreamland/Spring Breeze, and it's a 3D game, so Adeleine probably won't show up (Adeleine's skills work better in 2.5 or 2D games becaue of the visual effect of the drawing becoming real).
Being based on Kirby's Dreamland means that we probably aren't going to see Metaknight either, by the way (aside that amiibo staute).
There will be, probably, a secret final boss with references to other games, but I doubt it will be related to Adeleine.

The biggest reason for not bringing her back so far is that she just hasn't been necessary in these last few games. They only need 3 other characters for co-op and Dedede, Meta knight, and Bandana Dee all fit in better and are more widely known and loved.
This is not really true, they purposely decided to exclude her from the series at a certain point, so much that they even excluded her from games where she would have been very fitting (not even as a reference), like Canvas Curse, or even Returns to Dreamland.
The co-op of Returns to Dreamland would have worked well even with Dedede, Metaknight and Adeleine, the game was a sequel to Kirby 64 (not a direct sequel, but the first main console game since K64) and her painting skills would have made the gameplay interesting for sure.
They decided to use that Waddle Dee instead, that wasn't known nor beloved at all, he became beloved and known due to his inclusion in Returns to Dreamland, that's it.
They didn't use Adeleine instead, because at the time they worked as hard as possible to make people forget about everything Shinichi Shimomura did, as if he and his games never existed, and rebooted the franchise basing it on Kirby Superstar; Shinichi Shimomura's games are only recently being referenced again, for many years they remained a taboo.
The new Kirby game is using helpers once again, and I'm happy for that, so there is not the chance of another random character being forced into the gameplay to fill a hole in the 4 player co-op and becoming important all of a sudden for the only merit of being playable in a game.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
This is not really true, they purposely decided to exclude her from the series at a certain point, so much that they even excluded her from games where she would have been very fitting (not even as a reference), like Canvas Curse, or even Returns to Dreamland.
The co-op of Returns to Dreamland would have worked well even with Dedede, Metaknight and Adeleine, the game was a sequel to Kirby 64 (not a direct sequel, but the first main console game since K64) and her painting skills would have made the gameplay interesting for sure.
They decided to use that Waddle Dee instead, that wasn't known nor beloved at all, he became beloved and known due to his inclusion in Returns to Dreamland, that's it.
They didn't use Adeleine instead, because at the time they worked as hard as possible to make people forget about everything Shinichi Shimomura did, as if he and his games never existed, and rebooted the franchise basing it on Kirby Superstar; Shinichi Shimomura's games are only recently being referenced again, for many years they remained a taboo.
The new Kirby game is using helpers once again, and I'm happy for that, so there is not the chance of another random character being forced into the gameplay to fill a hole in the 4 player co-op and becoming important all of a sudden for the only merit of being playable in a game.
For co-op in Return to Dreamland, they also likely just wanted a hassle free 4th player, so they stuck a waddle dee with the Spear ability and viola, Bandana Dee is ready for adventure~
Why was everything related to the Dark Matter trilogy so heavily pushed aside anyway? Rumours say Shinichi died but that's not much of an excuse to forget those games for more than a decade.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
For co-op in Return to Dreamland, they also likely just wanted a hassle free 4th player, so they stuck a waddle dee with the Spear ability and viola, Bandana Dee is ready for adventure~
Why was everything related to the Dark Matter trilogy so heavily pushed aside anyway? Rumours say Shinichi died but that's not much of an excuse to forget those games for more than a decade.
They started rebooting the series on the GBA with Nightmare in Dreamland, changing some enemies and putting hats to every ability (at the time, ability hats were Superstar exclusive, and Smash but that's a different story).

EDIT: the funny thing is that Shimomura worked on Nightmare in Dreamland, and it's the last game where he is referenced, after that he just disappeared like Adeleine and most of the content of his games.

I'm not sure, but it's possible that Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Kirby 64 didn't recive the success they hoped for.
Many people (not me) think that Dreamland 3 was a step backward from Superstar (I think Kirby's Dreamland 3 is way more fun than Superstar), and probably Kirby 64 was criticized for the slow gameplay or didn't sell well enough, I don't know.
Superstar was a bigger success for sure, it's a more popular and better recived game, so they decided to go back and start again from it.
Probably Sakurai (who was working on Kirby Air Ride at the time, released just a short time after Nightmare in Dreamland) has something to do with this too, especially since there was the Kirby anime in the work as well, and there is that rumor that he explicitely said he didn't want any human character in the show.
Also, you know how does Sakurai represent the Kirby series in Smash... was it Brawl or Smash 4, where all the Kirby related trophies were under the "Kirby Superstar" category? (even stuff like Dragoon and other generic items).

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
BTW I suggest you to be more optimistic anyway, this thread is a support thread for Adeleine, I know that her chances are low and all, but let's try to not make the thread fall into a "oh no, our character will never be in Smash" scenario, that's not useful to support the character.
Very well. I'm not trying to annoy people here, I'm just trying my best to keep this thread going.

I do realize her chances of getting into Smash are much better than before, but if the games still don't reflect those chances, said chances will drop again. I've seen this scenario before: after Triple Deluxe, I was convinced Adeleine could make a comeback with those two Dream Land 3 keychains, but the games never reflected those chances, and then they introduced Elline in Rainbow Curse and my hopes and dreams were nearly crushed.

To be fair, I didn't lose all hope, because I eventually found support for Adeleine, buried under various comments regarding this comic:

In case you're wondering about the inconsistency here, I've been lurking these kinds of threads longer than I've signed up for any. Now that Smash Switch speculation is afoot, I feel more confident that she should at the very least make an appearance in Smash. Moveset-wise, she would be a very versatile fighter, but even an assist trophy will give her enough leeway to making more appearances in the future. I know Kirby representation in Smash hasn't been the best, but that can change... right?

Oh, but I guess I got sidetracked. Point is, I know how this could go wrong, and I don't want to see that happen. We still don't know much about future releases, so much is possible.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
A new Miiverse post, about the release of Blowout Blast!
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAADV44GaYv7GA
They mentioned that fighting game again, they said it's a competitive action and fighting game, and it's going to be released this winter... so it's not canceled, at least that's a good news!
still no new informations about the game.

Blowout Blast, just as expected, has no Adeleine related content, unless... well, I read that there are stickers hidden near the bosses in the stages, and to find them you need the C-stick of the New 3DS, I don't have a New 3DS so I can't check... I don't know if Adeleine appears or not as a sticker, but it woulnd't make a big difference anyway.

In the meanwhile, this is very funny XD
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/881792148697268224
a prepaid card for Nintendo e-Shop I think, they cutted the picture just where Adeleine is, so she's on the actual card! Nothing really relevant, but it's funny.

Back to Smash, how do you think that the (very likely addition of the) Inkling will influence the presence of Adeleine? They both use paint (even if in completely different ways), Inkling is a lot more important being the main character of its franchise, and the franchise being one of the most important franchises of the recent Nintendo; in order to make the Inkling a fighter, they will probably need to code the paint mechanics (paint particles doing damage etc.), and I think that Adeleine may take advantage of that (even in case she's just an assist trophy or a stage element).

Luminario

Smash Lord
Back to Smash, how do you think that the (very likely addition of the) Inkling will influence the presence of Adeleine? They both use paint (even if in completely different ways), Inkling is a lot more important being the main character of its franchise, and the franchise being one of the most important franchises of the recent Nintendo; in order to make the Inkling a fighter, they will probably need to code the paint mechanics (paint particles doing damage etc.), and I think that Adeleine may take advantage of that (even in case she's just an assist trophy or a stage element).
Inkling and Adeleine use paint/ink in such a vastly different way I don't think they'd influence her presence at all, seeing as how Inklings use a vast array of weapons to shoot ink as projectiles and lay it on the ground yet Adel uses paint to draw and summon creatures. Even as an AT, she'd likely bring out an easel and draw stuff to summon, completely ignoring Inklings ink mechanic.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Ah. Inklings. Such a complicated history I have with them.

Part of me doesn't want them in the game as fighters due to the insane amount of annoyance I found in people believing they were shoe-ins for Smash 4. I've played Splatoon and do think they have moveset potential, but I find their game kind of niche. After Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, though, I doubt anything's stopping them from getting in.

The ink gimmick wouldn't have any effect on the presence of Adeleine, to be fair, particularly because she seems more pastel oriented than ink oriented. This has its pros and cons, though. I don't want them to think that one paint oriented character is enough, especially considering the Inklings and Adeleine play two different roles. But if they both make it in I will be very happy! Splatoon is a good game.

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Congrats guys, you made it into the 25th Anniversary wallpaper.

Oh! Thank you so much for commenting! I've been waiting a whole MONTH to say something, but was afraid of double posting!

...but anyway, it's nice to know that she's getting some attention. Even if it's not really from anything new, this is an okay start, but I will want more.

This drought is killing me. Still nothing of the Kirby 3DS game, still nothing of Kirby Switch. I'm growing very impatient. I want to know if Adeleine will be in either of these so that she can finally get promoted more.

The next Direct will either make or break this thread, I can feel it. But in the meantime, there must be a better way to keep this thread going. I don't really have any great ideas, so I'll be the one to implore people that if they support Adeleine, they should keep supporting her so that we can finally have a chance to bring her back. And get her into Smash, of course.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Just post memes and music. That's how I kept the Dark Matter thread going for like a year. It also helps to make your own original content like drawings or icons. After all, if you make your own stuff you can always ask, "What do you guys think of it?" at the bottom. Gets guaranteed replies 100% of 50% of the time.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm still here, just a bit inactive due to lack of news and material, but I'm still patiently waiting...
That fighting game should come out this holiday, so in at least a couple of months we should be able to see something.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
So, uh... the multiplayer action game got revealed...

...why? This was my main focus on my support for Adeleine! If Kirby got a game with more playable cemented characters, the Smash potential for characters besides the mainstays would have drastically increased! But instead we got... more Kirby clones.

I'm already pretty fed up with this safe route they're doing, but this is legitimately depressing. I don't think this will stop me from promoting Adeleine, but I have about half a mind to ditch modern Kirby and move on with my life.

But I guess on the flip side, there may be a way to get Adeleine back through other means.

http://kirby.nintendo.com/battle-royale/

There's some kind of poll on what's the most popular Kirby ability. Paint could potentially make an appearance as a full-fledged ability in this game if they so choose. Maybe Adeleine could be used to represent a full Paint moveset in the future!

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm pretty disappointed too... I mean, maybe the game ends up being fun and all, but I'm really losing interest in modern Kirby too...
and not just because Adeleine is still missing (once again >:( ), it's more that overall I think that the series is getting incredibly stale, even the spin-offs aren't as much innovative and interesting as they were in the past.
Star Allies looks nice but it looks the same stuff over and over... I mean, yes we can kinda combine the abilities once again, but it's just for elemental effects... everything else is the same as it was in the previous 3 mainstream games, with very little additions or variations.
Why can't they surprise us again with fresh content like in the past? Sometimes I think that in order to bring the creativity back into the Kirby franchise, Kirby should get rid of the ability hats, they came up with crazier ideas in the past when Kirby had no hats, especially because the hats limit Kirby to a specific moveset for each ability, and for the most recurring abilities, it happens to be exactly the same moveset in each game; but I also think that maybe they aren't really interested in bringing back the creativity, with ability hats they can sell merchandise, and that's more important than having original powers that provide new gameplay ideas and new experiences (also the fans usually support them in this decision, people would go crazy if you propose a modern Kirby game with no hats that's not a spin-off).

They're working very hard for losing me as a Kirby fan, they almost did it... lately I'm starting to think that I'm more of a Shimomura trilogy fan than a Kirby fan... outside of the Dark Matter trilogy there isn't any other Kirby game I am fond of... I had fun playing all of them, but at the end the only ones that have a special place in my heart are the Dark Matter games, the others are just "fun" and nothing more.
Maybe I should just accept that the Kirby I liked belongs to the past and there's no way that it will return, the Kirby I liked is also the Kirby that most people dislike or consider the worst, so HAL will just take the Kirby Superstar route that's more well recived and appreciated by the majority of the fandom.

Back on the subject:
With Chuchu, Nago and Pitch doing cameos in the cleaner moveset, I wouldn't be surprised if Adeleine would appear somewhere in one of those games, though, it looks like she's still stuck with the "let's hope for a minor cameo" status.
Too bad... :(

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty disappointed too... I mean, maybe the game ends up being fun and all, but I'm really losing interest in modern Kirby too...
and not just because Adeleine is still missing (once again >:( ), it's more that overall I think that the series is getting incredibly stale, even the spin-offs aren't as much innovative and interesting as they were in the past.
Star Allies looks nice but it looks the same stuff over and over... I mean, yes we can kinda combine the abilities once again, but it's just for elemental effects... everything else is the same as it was in the previous 3 mainstream games, with very little additions or variations.
Why can't they surprise us again with fresh content like in the past? Sometimes I think that in order to bring the creativity back into the Kirby franchise, Kirby should get rid of the ability hats, they came up with crazier ideas in the past when Kirby had no hats, especially because the hats limit Kirby to a specific moveset for each ability, and for the most recurring abilities, it happens to be exactly the same moveset in each game; but I also think that maybe they aren't really interested in bringing back the creativity, with ability hats they can sell merchandise, and that's more important than having original powers that provide new gameplay ideas and new experiences (also the fans usually support them in this decision, people would go crazy if you propose a modern Kirby game with no hats that's not a spin-off).

They're working very hard for losing me as a Kirby fan, they almost did it... lately I'm starting to think that I'm more of a Shimomura trilogy fan than a Kirby fan... outside of the Dark Matter trilogy there isn't any other Kirby game I am fond of... I had fun playing all of them, but at the end the only ones that have a special place in my heart are the Dark Matter games, the others are just "fun" and nothing more.
Maybe I should just accept that the Kirby I liked belongs to the past and there's no way that it will return, the Kirby I liked is also the Kirby that most people dislike or consider the worst, so HAL will just take the Kirby Superstar route that's more well recived and appreciated by the majority of the fandom.

Back on the subject:
With Chuchu, Nago and Pitch doing cameos in the cleaner moveset, I wouldn't be surprised if Adeleine would appear somewhere in one of those games, though, it looks like she's still stuck with the "let's hope for a minor cameo" status.
Too bad... :(
I guess Buff Dedede didn't impress.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Another photo from the 25th Anniversary Twitter page! An autumn inspired art theme, and guess who's in it!

I must say, I've really enjoyed this anniversary, but I am still quite... bothered by the game choices they've made this year. None of the games have reflected the increased attention lost characters are getting, and the decreased amount of risks they're taking is hurting my view on the series. I'll take a look at Star Allies when it comes out and I'll keep my eyes open in the event that Battle Royale impresses, but so far I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Another photo from the 25th Anniversary Twitter page! An autumn inspired art theme, and guess who's in it!

I must say, I've really enjoyed this anniversary, but I am still quite... bothered by the game choices they've made this year. None of the games have reflected the increased attention lost characters are getting, and the decreased amount of risks they're taking is hurting my view on the series. I'll take a look at Star Allies when it comes out and I'll keep my eyes open in the event that Battle Royale impresses, but so far I'm not holding my breath.
Paint Kirby, Paint Roller, Adeleine, Elline, Claycia, and Paintra! Oh my!

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Uh, another picture with Adeleine...
well nice, but I'd like to see her in some new game as well, not just pictures...
BTW, just a trivia, this is the first time (in a total of 3) where she actually appears with the palette and the paintbrush.

Anyway I saw that new gameplay video of Battle Royale, while the main gameplay (top view fighting game) didn't impress me and IMO looked very generic and basic, they have shown some nice minigames that look, still IMO, a lot more promising that what they have shown in the first trailer, so I'm still a bit optimistic about the game.

About Star Allies, Buff Dedede didn't impress me because, even being completely different gameplay wise, it's still a very deja-vu moment, with a nutty noon-alike background and the boss being conceptually similar to that super sayan monkey in Returns to Dreamland. Additionally, it's focused on that feeling of "kirby is a wrestling fighter" that I dislike, it's hard to explain but it's part of why I'm not a big fan of Kirby Superstar.
Overall I dislike this huge focus on "the Arena" lately, just when I was thinking that putting the Arena and the True Arena in Kirby games was getting extremely old. They are basically making a game about that.
I'd prefer if they would focus more on the artistic side, on atmospheres and feelings, like games like Ori and the Blind Forest, A Boy and His Blob, etc. more than focusing on just the fact that Kirby is a wrestler who fights in the Arena and he is cool and has unlimited power;
This focus on expressing emotions through art style is what I liked of Kirby's Dreamland 3, Kirby 64, and to an extent even Kirby Canvas Curse, but it's completely missing from every other Kirby game up to date. Yes even Epic Yarn was kinda lacking on that aspect, it was very nice looking and very cute but it still felt a bit empty an plain on the emotional side IMO.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Uh, another picture with Adeleine...
well nice, but I'd like to see her in some new game as well, not just pictures...
BTW, just a trivia, this is the first time (in a total of 3) where she actually appears with the palette and the paintbrush.

Anyway I saw that new gameplay video of Battle Royale, while the main gameplay (top view fighting game) didn't impress me and IMO looked very generic and basic, they have shown some nice minigames that look, still IMO, a lot more promising that what they have shown in the first trailer, so I'm still a bit optimistic about the game.

About Star Allies, Buff Dedede didn't impress me because, even being completely different gameplay wise, it's still a very deja-vu moment, with a nutty noon-alike background and the boss being conceptually similar to that super sayan monkey in Returns to Dreamland. Additionally, it's focused on that feeling of "kirby is a wrestling fighter" that I dislike, it's hard to explain but it's part of why I'm not a big fan of Kirby Superstar.
Overall I dislike this huge focus on "the Arena" lately, just when I was thinking that putting the Arena and the True Arena in Kirby games was getting extremely old. They are basically making a game about that.
I'd prefer if they would focus more on the artistic side, on atmospheres and feelings, like games like Ori and the Blind Forest, A Boy and His Blob, etc. more than focusing on just the fact that Kirby is a wrestler who fights in the Arena and he is cool and has unlimited power;
This focus on expressing emotions through art style is what I liked of Kirby's Dreamland 3, Kirby 64, and to an extent even Kirby Canvas Curse, but it's completely missing from every other Kirby game up to date. Yes even Epic Yarn was kinda lacking on that aspect, it was very nice looking and very cute but it still felt a bit empty an plain on the emotional side IMO.
For my money, I'm just happy with the fact that they used her again. So many months have passed without any cameo appearances in anything other than what's already been used.

I'll be pretty content for a while if the anniversary keeps her in this relatively referenced status. But therein lies the problem, doesn't it? This anniversary won't last forever, and one day the consistent drawings that show love to the franchise as a whole will be things of the past. And then what? This anniversary was the first Kirby anything to push her up front in years, and while it has been this year's focus for Kirby, nothing else so far has followed suit.

I wonder if the people who make Kirby are at all aware that there's a demand for the abolishment of Adeleine's unexplained absences. I would imagine they must be a little bit, otherwise she would've probably been omitted from the 3DS theme like a few others on the wallpapers. But that certainly doesn't explain the recent Super Star and Copy Ability emphasis going on in recent Kirby games that have previously left her... unutilized.

We still don't know much about the structure of Star Allies, even if we can assume what it tries to do with its gameplay by looking. You said I should remain optimistic, so I'll keep assuming there's a chance this game won't have the same problems I've been having with modern Kirby since Triple Deluxe.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm a bit late due to lazyness, though, there are some news about Adeleine, and it's thanks to a Kirby artbook that's going to be released in Japan. EDIT I was wrong, it's not the artbook, it's from Kirby Museum.

(OMG this doesn't even look like Adeleine, well she definitely needs a consistent modern redesign so that she won't change her look each time she's represented in a different place -.-).
Apparently the artwork comes from Kumazaki himself, the current director of the Kirby series, and it's new stuff. This is good news for Adeleine supporters, though, despite all this teasing (Twitter artworks, 25th anniversary wallpapers, keychain and sticker, etc.), there is still no evidence of a return of her in the main games.
They are clearly giving some more attention to the character recently, but still, for some reason, she's still out from the games.
There's not much we can do other than wait for Star Allies and hope.

This artwork (probably from the original development sketches of Kirby 64) also apparently refers to Ado and Adeleine as the same character (I've read it from user posts, I can't read Japanese, so I'm not sure).

BTW I decided that I will skip Battle Royale, I'm just not interested enough in the game... well it looks fun but it's like... Mario Party but with way less minigames... I dunno.
I must admit though, that I appreciated how this game redesigned the movesets of the abilities, they aren't just ported from Returns to Dreamland as always (also I liked the slight change in art direction as well, the focus on the comic-like dot patterns, well it's not much but at least it's something).
I would like if after Star Allies they will drop the Returns to Dreamland formula and they start experimenting with new ideas again (both gameplay and art style), I'm just tired of the same stuff every time.

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit late due to lazyness, though, there are some news about Adeleine, and it's thanks to a Kirby artbook that's going to be released in Japan. EDIT I was wrong, it's not the artbook, it's from Kirby Museum.

(OMG this doesn't even look like Adeleine, well she definitely needs a consistent modern redesign so that she won't change her look each time she's represented in a different place -.-).
Apparently the artwork comes from Kumazaki himself, the current director of the Kirby series, and it's new stuff. This is good news for Adeleine supporters, though, despite all this teasing (Twitter artworks, 25th anniversary wallpapers, keychain and sticker, etc.), there is still no evidence of a return of her in the main games.
They are clearly giving some more attention to the character recently, but still, for some reason, she's still out from the games.
There's not much we can do other than wait for Star Allies and hope.

This artwork (probably from the original development sketches of Kirby 64) also apparently refers to Ado and Adeleine as the same character (I've read it from user posts, I can't read Japanese, so I'm not sure).

BTW I decided that I will skip Battle Royale, I'm just not interested enough in the game... well it looks fun but it's like... Mario Party but with way less minigames... I dunno.
I must admit though, that I appreciated how this game redesigned the movesets of the abilities, they aren't just ported from Returns to Dreamland as always (also I liked the slight change in art direction as well, the focus on the comic-like dot patterns, well it's not much but at least it's something).
I would like if after Star Allies they will drop the Returns to Dreamland formula and they start experimenting with new ideas again (both gameplay and art style), I'm just tired of the same stuff every time.
...I've seen this. Judging by the angle, I'm guessing I'm the one who exposed you to that picture.

It's... kind of a concerning situation. Again.

What if Adeleine were to appear as a blonde? While it could technically work, it kind of strays away from the source material too much, and that would bother me greatly as it might mean to separate her as a 64 representative. My bias might be able to adapt to it, but my childhood won't.

However, I'm less concerned with that than the fact that there still isn't Adeleine in the games.

Battle Royale looks like a dud in this regard. DLC could potentially change that, unless all they do is add the winning Copy Ability.

Star Allies could potentially have an Adeleine cameo in the form of a jigsaw puzzle, but that in of itself is a problem. If it turns out she still hasn't appeared in action while the rest of the Animal Buddies did, I'm gonna cry foul. Nothing against any of the other characters, but I'm certain Adeleine was not meant to be treated as a disposable character.

If nothing changes in the coming months, there at least better be a way to oppose the "new wave" of Kirby. While I may not necessarily mind Super Star's gameplay, I despise its cast and featuring only three main characters for Kirby was the basis of why I disliked Smash 4's roster. I haven't lost my patience yet, but I will soon.

...but anyway, to avoid the twofold problem of me worrying about double posting, will one of our fellow supporters please help keep this thread going? I feel like one of very few who want to keep this thread relevant.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Oh well, I read it on Reddit, it's possible that we both have seen it on the same place XD
BTW I'm not much into Reddit anymore, I had some issues with my account and even if the last time I logged in they apparenlty were fixed, I still lost motivation into using Reddit again, unless it's strictly necessary.

EDIT: I checked the rules and double post is not tolerated, I made confusion with the rules of the old character support section.

We should find at least a third active person in order to keep the thread going, a 2 person discussion is not reccomanded in a forum, usually in forums when a thread becomes a 2 people discussion, it's suggested to move it to private message, but that would defeat the purpose of supporting the character. That's why I often don't comment unless there is some actual content to show.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if they make Adeleine blonde, it would be odd but it wouldn't be a huge problem to me, as long as she is back in the games.
It's that I think dark hair fit her personality better... but I would get used to blonde if they decide to.
It's that in that drawing she looks a lot more anime than she usually looks, and I don't think ti would be a good choice... though, after all, Dedede is awkward too so I assume it's just for that picture, that's odd on purpose.

Also I'm very happy that the animal friendss have returned, even if they only do cameos; I like that Chuchu, Nago and Pitch are back as well (in Cleaner's moveset), it was a nice unexpected surprise that the KDL3 animals were brought back, though it will be awkward when 4 players will summon 4 times the same animal XD
Animal friends are welcome, it's that I want Adeleine back as well!

EDIT: wow it looks like some pictures in this thread got deleted/de-linked, it's not the first time it happens, it happend to my signature some time ago (I tried to upload the signature picture several times and I even saved it in different files and uploaded it on different sources, it worked at first, then after a while it was deleted again, until I changed it). I dunno if it's a bug or something...
Or maybe the problem is just my browser not rendering them?

EDIT2: oh they are back never mind, it probably was just a bug or my pc.

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman

Well, this certainly came out of the blue! I'm SUPER concerned about Star Allies and Adeleine's safety now! Are they seriously going to leave Adeleine in the dust in favor of yet another Drawcia clone? Or are they going to surprise us with a true comeback?!

I guess this is gong to be the ultimate test, HAL! You better not fail me this time.

Luminario

Smash Lord

Well, this certainly came out of the blue! I'm SUPER concerned about Star Allies and Adeleine's safety now! Are they seriously going to leave Adeleine in the dust in favor of yet another Drawcia clone? Or are they going to surprise us with a true comeback?!

I guess this is gong to be the ultimate test, HAL! You better not fail me this time.
Whether or not Adeleine appears, this is still progress; as the Artist ability actually brings out an easel to utilize Adeleine's ability. It's even got her beret too.
She's not the specific monster to gain the Artist ability cause I'm pretty sure that new enemy with the shrouded face and paintbrush ponytail is it, but she could easily appear as a boss.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Personally, I think Artist Kirby may prove to be a blessing in disguise for Adeleine.
I hope so too, maybe Nintendo will be inspired to bring Adeleine back if Artist Kirby proves popular. (At least there will be fan art where Artist Kirby and Adeleine create art together.)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Without any doubt this is a step forward, and a big one!
Not only they brought back the Paint ability, they also changed it (now it's Artist) to be based on Adeleine!

And most importantly, it has a full moveset!
Technically, Adeleine is not in the game yet, but we have her moveset, her unique power and part of her appearance (the hat and the paintbrush, the movements when summoning a creature), basically they put everything of Adeleine in the game except the character itself.

I doubt Adeleine will get a major role in the game, because
- Francisca gets the role of the girl humanoid character in this game (I know, no legs and floating hands, but still human enough)
- this game is focused on helpers, who are generic enemies turned friendly, even King Dedede and Metaknight are apparently not playable.

But this game opens the possibility for an easy return of Adeleine... they coded the moveset, it requires a little more than a model swap to make Adeleine playable now that Artist Kirby is a thing (like in Dedede Tour, Dedede is based on the Hammer ability moveset with minor differences, and Metaknight is based on Sword with a little of Wing, Adeleine has now an ability to take inspiration from).
Maybe she will do a surprise comeback in the true arena or a special mode? It's still a possibility...

I hope the full moveset of Artist Kirby will be creative and original, we saw the mandatory summoning skill and a couple of paintbrush slashes, I hope some more original moves using the concept of materializing drawings will be part of the final moveset; a move that references Canvas Curse's gameplay would be nice.

On a side note, with Spider Kirby even Taranza gets a possible base for a moveset, I'm happy for that too.

Despite this, I'm still concerned about the sameyness of the game compared to the previous entries in the series, and the amount of challenge... in the trailers they have shown huge open spaces with a few enemies in them, and Kirby's army destroying everything with absolutely no effort, thanks to some extremely overpowered moves. I hope the final game will offer some challenge and some fun level design ideas, I don't want the awesome Artist Kirby to be wasted in a disappointing game.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
And now to make this thread relevant again. I was gonna wait until Valentine's day for the possible inclusion of a picture with Adeleine in it, but I found out GameXplain was snooping around her disappearance and seem to have speculated on the character.

Ignoring the cringe, it's nice to see a larger feed talking about her for a change. But I would have preferred, if they were to make one of these, they would do it later. We still know nothing of Adeleine's role or if she even has one in Star Allies, and that scares me. It would be much better if people acknowledged her absence after the full game comes out, because whether or not she makes a true comeback, she'll NEED the promotion if she's going to survive.

At any rate, I'm still waiting. If Star Allies is exactly what I fear, I'll certainly play it in stores but I will refuse to buy it. I don't like the direction Kirby took in Triple Deluxe, and I'm certainly not going to take the chance of Adeleine getting replaced lightly.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
She has been one of my favorite characters from the Kirby games. Kind of off topic, but Kirby's Dream Land 3 is such a great game that I feel was overshadowed by Kirby Super Star. Both are great games, but KDL3 has great music, nice pastel colored sprites that look like old colored pencil cartoons, and is charming.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Ah! Right on schedule!

I still don't know how much this means for Adeleine in the long run, but it's nice to see her fourth debut on the Twitter feed. Also, Adeleine the Baker! Make that one of her costumes, it's so adorable!

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
OMG this is... I think I never saw so much cuteness all in one picture XD
A couple of minor Dreamland 3 animals also appear, those side missions ones, the female hamster and cat (oh that level of Cloudy Park where you must walljump all the way with Rick!)
Also, is that cookie near Chuchu and Elline, the yellow emoji-like one, is that Nyupun?!? XD If that's Nyupun, they probably changed her hat because her old hat was the same as Sailor Dee, probably to avoid confusion, or it's still the old hat but with so little details it looks different (the last thing I expected to appear in the twitter pictures was Nyupun, I can't believe they referenced her!).
Mr Shine and Mr Bright also, they appear rarely in recent times, I'm glad they are referenced as well.

Baker Adeleine for the win :kirbymelee: if she manages to join the Smash roster, this definitely needs to be a costume, I agree!

Back on the return of Adeleine thing...
It's so strange that Gamexplain published a video about the return of Adeleine just 1 month before the release of Star Allies, well, it's even possible that they already have an early copy of the game for reviews or something, so they may know something at this point... I mean, maybe it's all just speculation, but that video looks more like influencing the popularity of Adeleine than guessing if she is going to come back or not; this fills me with hope!
Especially since I speculated about the extra mode of Star Allies and I realized a couple of interesting points:

- There is no way that the extra mode is Helper to Hero. Maybe Helper to Hero will be back but as an arena like minigame, not as a main story thing, because you already play the whole games as helpers if you are player 2+ and the difference would be only for player 1... also, they published a video about payable helpers, so it's possible that a mode where you can play as the helpers without Kirby is already avaliable since the bbeginning, the extra mode will be something different.

- There are a bunch of minibosses who become helpers, I doubt that EX versions of them are going to become helpers, and since the extra modes usually have EX versions of minibosses as well as bosses, I assume that in the extra mode of this game, you won't be able to make helpers

-This is a 4 player game, with a lot of emphasis on multiplayer and co-op, I suspect the extra mode of this game will have 4 playable characters at once, especially since you need helpers to solve some puzzles and some rooms with parallel paths, so they are mandatory.

About the 4 player thing:
They will probably start from the Kirby Team Clash Deluxe party, that's composed by a fast weapon, an heavy slow weapon, a long range fighter and an healer;
Fast weapon is offcourse Metaknight, Dedede is the hammer, the long range/mage may be someone like Magolor, and the healer, since Doctor is not in this game, is probably going to be a character based on Artist (that got the fridge move from Kirby 64).
So if my speculations are right, it's very likely that Adeleine is playable along with other 3 characters in the extra mode,
especially if Chef Kawasaki (the only other contender as healer of the group) is back as Cook miniboss... Famitsu confirmed the return of Cook BTW.
There is something about the mage that makes me think, it's possible that instead of Magolor as a mage, we will get someone different, because

- Mage in Clash Deluxe was able to stop the time and that was the main gimmick, I doubt they will allow you to stop the time in this game

- Artist, unlike Doctor, already have long range moves, by summoning creatures

- Sword in Clash Deluxe was also a defensive ability, with a big shield that was able to defend other members of the party... the regular Sword ability doesn't have this (so Metaknight), and instead of Mage we're probably getting a defensive character

- Parasol is required (unless you get an ice elemental ability) to solve some puzzles, so I suppose the missing character is Parasol-based

- Probably it's Bandana Waddle Dee, not Magolor, and since they changed his weapon to Parasol in Battle Royale, probably this may be the reason.

So the party may be Metaknight, Dedede, Bandana Dee, Adeleine... it would make a lot of sense, especially considering all the appearance of Adeleine in promotional material recently, and I like to think that the Gamexplain video is also an hint.

This unless they make us play as the generals (Francisca and co. - confirmed that there are 3 of them), they are probably elemental and they can probably solve all the puzzles, but they are just 3, in a 4 players multiplayer.

Lastly, another Star Allies spoiler coming from Famitsu:
They shown Pon & Con returning as a boss, they only appeared in Kirby's Dreamland 3 and in a couple of very minor cameos (Rainbow Curse - Elline's Diary, and Triple Deluxe - keychain), this is their first major comeback since their debut. Adeleine is definitely the only boss remaining to come back from the Dark Matter trilogy, Acro returned as a regular enemy in Robobot, Pix returned as Holo Defense API, and HR- returned into a different model, only Adeleine is missing and I'm sure she's going to come back sooner or later.

Considering the trend of recent Kirby games, that the game's gimmick is also the final weapon you use against the final boss (Return to Dreamland has super abilities vs Magolor, Triple Deluxe has Hypernova vs Sectonia, Robobot has Kirby fusing with the Halberd using the Robobot Armor), this game will probably have friends as the final boss gimmick, and since the helpers are already playable in the whole game, probably during the final boss, you will get some help by some "bigger" friends, probably the bosses, after you free them by the possession.
It may be a cutscene or anything, but I suspect the bosses are going to help Kirby at the end, considering that every boss shown so far is a possessed friendy character and some of them are usually fighters who help Kirby when Dreamland is in trouble (it would be odd if, like, Metaknight, won't help Kirby to save Pop-Star after you save him).
This is why I think most of the bosses will be Kirby friends, and Adeleine fits the trend so well.

This is why I think Adeleine is very likely to be a boss in Star Allies, also because it appears that this time there will be multiple bosses for each world, not just one boss at the end (but this is not confirmed, just heavily hinted).
The only thing pushing Adeleine away from being a boss, is that Viridia is apparently a miniboss, so she will probably get the canvas bossfight and Adeleine as a boss would feel a bit redundant... but they may have completely different attack patterns instead, who knows.

I want to specify, these are all speculations, so don't hype yourself... I'm just pointing out that this time there is an HUGE chance for Adeleine to come back, and way bigger than games such as Robobot or even Rainbow Curse.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I'm really down for Adeline and I think that there are quite a few signs pointing to, if not in Star Allies, a return down the road, but I really hope this thread doesn't descend into endless bellyaching if it turns out she's not in the game.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm really down for Adeline and I think that there are quite a few signs pointing to, if not in Star Allies, a return down the road, but I really hope this thread doesn't descend into endless bellyaching if it turns out she's not in the game.
I doubt it's going to happen, Adeleine already got excluded from so many games that we are all used to it.
Anyway, I'm convinced that Adeleine is going to appear in Star Allies in some way, if not as a character, at least in some puzzle pictures or a stone statue/artist canvas/other cameo.
Adeleine's popularity is growing and HAL is contributing this, as I said in the other thread, now apparently Adeleine is the artist doing the artworks on the Kirby's 25th Anniversary twitter, basically it's almost a year and half that we're looking at Adeleine's works without even knowing XD This is the twitter post, it's in Japanese but it says that to celebrate the 100.000 followers Adeleine decided to make a special artwork.

つ、つ、ついに!当アカウント、10万フォロワーを突破いたしました~っ!カンゲキですーっ!! なんと今回、アドレーヌさんがお祝いイラストを描いてくださいました!壁紙としてもお使いいただける特別仕様ですっ! これからもはりきってレポートしていきますので、引き続き要チェックです~っ!!
Another thing I'd like to talk about... it's a little spoiler so I'm doing it in the spoiler tag:

In a video they have shown that the Artist ability is able to summon a huge block of stone, Kirby then makes a statue out of it, and he uses it as a massive weapon of destruction... lol, what do you think about Adeleine doing this? I mean, it would look very odd, though she's an artist after all, they always called her artist, not painter, so maybe she's able to make statues as well... it would still feel strange to see Ado easily slashing an heavy marble statue thrice as big as herself.

EDIT:
OMG I think I found Adeleine in Kirby Star Allies. :colorful: No I'm not crazy, I think I found some evidence that Adeleine may be in Star Allies, some strong evidence!! really, this would be awesome if it turns out to be real!! I can't believe!!
As I said earlier in my post, there is that tweet where they say that Adeleine has drawn the twitter artworks.
Ok, now we have Kirby Star Allies and the puzzle pictures.
And those Famitsu scans, the ones full of spoilers.
An user on Reddit translated those scans, and it turned out that...

- The pictures in the gallery are made by "a famous creator"
- The art gallery is easily accessible at any moment from the map screen
- The pictures look just in the same art style as the twitter arts

so, while there isn't any solid proof, there are some very specific hints that Adeleine will probably have a role in this game as the creator of those pictures...
Nothing is confirmed, but if my theory is correct, she finally returned, and with a role!
We only have to wait and see if it's true!

If it wasn't for that twitter post, we could have had the doubt that the "famous creator" could have been Paint Roller or Elline/Claycia (I doubt Drawcia/Paintra or Viridia would be), but the twitter post specifically saying that the artworks are made by Adeleine, makes those characters very unlikely to be the "famous creator", and I also doubt they were referencing a real world artist.

EDIT2: Im so sorry for this, but I found an even stronger evidence that the "famous creator" is instead just Paint Roller and it may not be related to all the pictures, but only that specific one where he is represented directly.

EDIT3: But there is a chance that the thing I saw as Paint Roller, is just Dedede's hammer instead, and the thing I saw as a canvas, is the boxing ring from DL1, as suggested by the Dedede logo at the center. So there is still a chance, but I can't understand why that Whispy is in that corner, it makes little sense if that's the boxing ring...

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it's going to happen, Adeleine already got excluded from so many games that we are all used to it.
Anyway, I'm convinced that Adeleine is going to appear in Star Allies in some way, if not as a character, at least in some puzzle pictures or a stone statue/artist canvas/other cameo.
Adeleine's popularity is growing and HAL is contributing this, as I said in the other thread, now apparently Adeleine is the artist doing the artworks on the Kirby's 25th Anniversary twitter, basically it's almost a year and half that we're looking at Adeleine's works without even knowing XD This is the twitter post, it's in Japanese but it says that to celebrate the 100.000 followers Adeleine decided to make a special artwork.

Another thing I'd like to talk about... it's a little spoiler so I'm doing it in the spoiler tag:

In a video they have shown that the Artist ability is able to summon a huge block of stone, Kirby then makes a statue out of it, and he uses it as a massive weapon of destruction... lol, what do you think about Adeleine doing this? I mean, it would look very odd, though she's an artist after all, they always called her artist, not painter, so maybe she's able to make statues as well... it would still feel strange to see Ado easily slashing an heavy marble statue thrice as big as herself.

EDIT:
OMG I think I found Adeleine in Kirby Star Allies. :colorful: No I'm not crazy, I think I found some evidence that Adeleine may be in Star Allies, some strong evidence!! really, this would be awesome if it turns out to be real!! I can't believe!!
As I said earlier in my post, there is that tweet where they say that Adeleine has drawn the twitter artworks.
Ok, now we have Kirby Star Allies and the puzzle pictures.
And those Famitsu scans, the ones full of spoilers.
An user on Reddit translated those scans, and it turned out that...

- The pictures in the gallery are made by "a famous creator"
- The art gallery is easily accessible at any moment from the map screen
- The pictures look just in the same art style as the twitter arts

so, while there isn't any solid proof, there are some very specific hints that Adeleine will probably have a role in this game as the creator of those pictures...
Nothing is confirmed, but if my theory is correct, she finally returned, and with a role!
We only have to wait and see if it's true!

If it wasn't for that twitter post, we could have had the doubt that the "famous creator" could have been Paint Roller or Elline/Claycia (I doubt Drawcia/Paintra or Viridia would be), but the twitter post specifically saying that the artworks are made by Adeleine, makes those characters very unlikely to be the "famous creator", and I also doubt they were referencing a real world artist.

EDIT2: Im so sorry for this, but I found an even stronger evidence that the "famous creator" is instead just Paint Roller and it may not be related to all the pictures, but only that specific one where he is represented directly.

EDIT3: But there is a chance that the thing I saw as Paint Roller, is just Dedede's hammer instead, and the thing I saw as a canvas, is the boxing ring from DL1, as suggested by the Dedede logo at the center. So there is still a chance, but I can't understand why that Whispy is in that corner, it makes little sense if that's the boxing ring...
Reading your edits, I just realized: that's a photo of Kirby's Dream Land! The boxing ring and black and white motif are based off of Kirby's first game, and considering Whispy's debut was in this game, that would at least partially explain why he's in the picture. That also lessens the likelihood of the Paint Roller allusion theory, since he's from Adventure. He might appear in a different picture, but I wouldn't assume they're referring to him as the famous artist quite yet.

With the concept of Adeleine making the Twitter photos in mind, I think Adeleine has a decent shot of at least regaining her relevancy soon. They might not actually reveal who made the art of Star Allies, but if they don't we can probably assume who it's supposed to be based off the relations of the Twitter account and the main games.

I am a little worried about Vividria and what she brings to the table, but we don't know much about her or her boss fight. Hopefully this new artist will bring something original and not look like another unrelated callback.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Reading your edits, I just realized: that's a photo of Kirby's Dream Land! The boxing ring and black and white motif are based off of Kirby's first game, and considering Whispy's debut was in this game, that would at least partially explain why he's in the picture. That also lessens the likelihood of the Paint Roller allusion theory, since he's from Adventure. He might appear in a different picture, but I wouldn't assume they're referring to him as the famous artist quite yet.

With the concept of Adeleine making the Twitter photos in mind, I think Adeleine has a decent shot of at least regaining her relevancy soon. They might not actually reveal who made the art of Star Allies, but if they don't we can probably assume who it's supposed to be based off the relations of the Twitter account and the main games.

I am a little worried about Vividria and what she brings to the table, but we don't know much about her or her boss fight. Hopefully this new artist will bring something original and not look like another unrelated callback.
Yeah I analyzed the pictures again and I realized that it's just a Dreamland 1 themed picture, I was confused by Dedede's hammer because usually it has the barrel-like wooden boards texture, but it didn't in the classic design of the character.

Vividria (lol I always mispelled her Viridia -.-) scares me a bit too, because she has a green dress as well, and with the red cap, she has a similar color scheme as Ado (Dreamland 3 version), I fear that they may think that her color scheme is already a reference to Adeleine and no more references are needed... but I think she is not an important character, she's just an helper, something like Bonkers, a miniboss helper but still a generic and unimportant character.

Since the artworks seem to be based on several Kirby games, there are good chances that Adeleine will at least appear in the Kirby 64 canvas, even if everything goes wrong.

But I think, if she happens to be the owner of the picture gallery or something, and she appears in the game with an actual role (not cameo), this would increase the relevance of the character in the whole series a lot!
The picture gallery is a core element of this game, it's accessible from the map by just pressing a button, it's the new source of collectables in this game, you solve puzzles and search for secret rooms in the actual game to get pieces for those artworks... if the subquest happens to be all about Adeleine, she would be important in this game, and it would be the third time in the series she is somewhat important in a main game (not even a spinoff).

The map is full of those white temple-looking things here and there... maybe they are related to Adeleine? Like, a museum? (Kirby's Adventure had museums in the map, now we have the artist as well, maybe in those places you can actually talk to her, who knows).
I also can't wait to see how she will look in a modern game, I hope she will have a 3D model and appear in the main game in some way, not just referenced in a lore screen.

What if completing the gallery actually unlocks Adeleine as playable? OMG O_O

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
So, Anyone play the demo yet? I personally really liked it quite a bit!
I haven't and to be honest, I don't have a switch yet -.- I'll get it sooner or later, especially when Smash will come out, but for now I must wait to play Kirby.
Anyway I watched a lot of playthrough and, well, I don't know. I like it but I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that's a modified Return to Dreamland instead of a completely original thing, but it's fine.

There are some Adeleine related news in the meanwhile... well she appears in the demo too, if you manage to get the correct puzzle pieces, that are random and anyway you can't keep them as far as I know, you lose them at the end of the level.
She's in a picture, along with Ribbon and a Ripple Star landscape.

On the other hand, the picture is drawn in a different art style, that resembles the one of the development sketches of Kirby 64.
This, along with the fact that in the twitter they said that the mysterious "famous" artist is also a guest, or several guests, makes me think that's not Adeleine the author of the picture but some real people of the actual Kirby staff from HAL.

Things are getting worse for her chances of having a role in the game, she donesn't even have a stone transformation while even Ribbon has one, but at least I'm happy to see her in the game with a new original artwork that's not an old artwork or sprite like in the previous game.

Let's hope she will at least be a boss, this game is all about possessed friends so it's possible after all... if not, well she will probably return in the next game, they are running out of characters to bring back, especially from the Dark Matter trilogy, they brought back everyone except Adeleine, Sweet Stuff and Magman.

This said, I'd like to know about the special modes in the game... so far, we only see the outline of the icons, one is a flaming orb thing, and the other is like a big cloud, or several bubbles; I'm concerned about that to be honest... I doubt it's Adeleine related, but the hope is still there.

Top Bottom