• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adeleine, the Miracle Painter (& Ribbon?): Sorry for the wait... but the wait continues.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

It's Ribbon's time!

Translation of the post made by Yo-kaialone

The fairy 'Ribbon' first appeared in 'Kirby 64'! When Ripple Star was being attacked by dark clouds, she flew into space and asked Kirby for help. While looking for the crystal shards, we did stuff like playing at the beach, or having a snack in the desert. That sure was a fun adventure. ...Whoops! Sorry, kinda got myself lost in nostalgia there.
Also, it's the second time Adeleine got indirectly referenced in one of these posts, the first one was in Ice Dragon's.
I assume next week they'll do Adeleine (I hope at least). Can't wait to see how they will handle the Ado-Adeleine thing, especially since those descriptions are written by King Dedede in-universe.

Interesting that they said Dark Matter attacked Pop-Star in KDL2 and KDL3 only, and they refer to Dark Matter in K64 as "dark clouds"... Can't wait for 0^2's description as well

Small reminder that Bronto Burt still doesn't have a post, and Poppy has been mentioned in one but has no proper post either (most other major recurring enemies have one already I think... some like Sir Kibble, Sparky, Rocky are still missing but I'm not sure if they will do all of them, they are going for the game specific most iconic only probably... it's possible that some of them will come later when they will do Star Allies, but the lack of Bronto Burt is still bugging me, they are the air equivalent of Waddle Dees).

-------

This is pretty sweet.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
The picture is very cool!
I think it's inspired by a few official artworks, especially that one in Star Allies with Daroach and Dark Meta Knight, but also the ones they used to promote the Another Dimension mode on social media.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Ado anon

Smash Rookie
Interesting that they said Dark Matter attacked Pop-Star in KDL2 and KDL3 only, and they refer to Dark Matter in K64 as "dark clouds"... Can't wait for 0^2's description as well
It's a little known piece of trivia that Dark Matter is not the species name, but a singular character, much like Gooey, Miracle Matter, and Dark Nebula. The more amorphous black blobs that serve Zero are always called the black clouds in Japanese materials. English materials refer to the black clouds as Dark Matter, which is a localization error, though the group has been referred to as "The Dark Matter Tribe/Dark Matter's Tribe" in Japanese materials. Dark Matter himself appears in KDL2 and KDL3 as a main villain, presumably brings Zero and the black clouds to Pop Star for KDL3, presumably dies at the end of KDL3, and then is referenced in K64 as one of Ado's boss paintings. His relationship to Zero isn't clear, but it's reasonable to assume that she created him, due to his similarity to the black clouds and Zero's "mini Dark Matter" attack.

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
It's a little known piece of trivia that Dark Matter is not the species name, but a singular character, much like Gooey, Miracle Matter, and Dark Nebula. The more amorphous black blobs that serve Zero are always called the black clouds in Japanese materials. English materials refer to the black clouds as Dark Matter, which is a localization error, though the group has been referred to as "The Dark Matter Tribe/Dark Matter's Tribe" in Japanese materials. Dark Matter himself appears in KDL2 and KDL3 as a main villain, presumably brings Zero and the black clouds to Pop Star for KDL3, presumably dies at the end of KDL3, and then is referenced in K64 as one of Ado's boss paintings. His relationship to Zero isn't clear, but it's reasonable to assume that she created him, due to his similarity to the black clouds and Zero's "mini Dark Matter" attack.
I actually wondered about this; I've heard the three blobs that attack Kirby's friends have different names. I was aware Dark Matter being a new villain in 64 was incorrect, but not the whole thing. I guess that means the subspecies of final bosses with dark, possessive connections are not actually named after the one swordsman.

I do hope that (assuming she's next in line) Dedede rips the band-aid off and says Adeleine's from Dream Land 3. Unlike Dark Matter (and possibly Zero) there's basically no reason for Ado to be separate. They've never been officially coexistent, Adeleine being a new character doesn't make sense with the way she's introduced in 64, and I think Star Allies made her have MORE similarities to Dream Land 3 than she already had.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
That's interesting, but if this is the case, Dark Matter would still be the name of the species, a specific type of dark cloud, the one with the orange little balls around that let them float. The week after the Dark Matter post, in the Zero post, they said that Zero "keeps bringing forth more and more Dark Matter to attack!", at least still according to Yo-kaialone's translation.
I also remember an official post about Gooey, probably in the the Star Allies' channel on Switch, where they said that Gooey is a Dark Matter (but he will always be just Gooey to Kirby, or something), a thing that was removed from some localizations but I'm almost sure it was in the original Japanese one (though I can't confirm this because I can't find the source).

Another thing to consider is that 0^2 attacked Ripple Star, not Pop-star (the sentence said specifically that Dark Matter attacked Pop-Star in KDL2 and 3).

(also it's interesting to hear Zero as a she... considering it's probably inspired by the gigant Rei Ayanami/Lilith from The End of Evangelion, it's possible).

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I do hope that (assuming she's next in line) Dedede rips the band-aid off and says Adeleine's from Dream Land 3. Unlike Dark Matter (and possibly Zero) there's basically no reason for Ado to be separate. They've never been officially coexistent, Adeleine being a new character doesn't make sense with the way she's introduced in 64, and I think Star Allies made her have MORE similarities to Dream Land 3 than she already had.
I'm so glad that someone shares the same sentiment. Like... look, I get that Kumazaki and HAL wants to sort of keep us teasing us with more lore/use our imaginations on what's canon or not, and I'm cool with that. But, for goodness' sake, could they NOT do this with Adeleine and Ado?

I mean, what's this going to accomplish? I kind of have my doubts that 'Ado' will be seen in-person (and at the same time as Adeleine) anytime in the near future, so of course the most common idea people come up with is that they're the same girl. Like... just what is the point of making it ambiguous?

Heck, As Iko MattOrr Iko MattOrr said, Star Allies is practically all but outright telling us that they're the same girl. I love HAL and Kumazaki for what they've done with Kirby in recent years, but could they drop this 'mystery' already? It's been 20+ years, and I feel like it sort of ran its course. If anything, Star Allies should be the game that puts that 'oddity' to bed.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
They did it a day earlier than usual, but there's a possible explanation: today apparently is Kirby 64's 20th anniversary.

Anyway, Ado is not even mentioned in the post, the description is generic and doesn't add anything to what we already know.

Translation by Yo-kaialone as usual
It's 'Adeleine', with her trademark red beret! She's an ally who went on an adventure with us to save Ripple Star in 'Kirby 64'! She has a mysterious power that lets the pictures she paints become real!
She also made lots of food like that, but man, just imagine the all-you-can-eat buffet if I could paint that well... Alright, teach me the secret behind it!
There's also a second tweet about her cameo in Super Kirby Clash, that includes a nice little video as well:

This time I used Google Translate, so the translation may be inaccurate, but here it is:
Two cute red berets and red ribbons have arrived!
According to rumors, it's a mysterious koe that can turn a picture drawn on a canvas into a material.
Are you sketching a town now? When you're done with that picture, you're good to draw a popular person as a model and crawl!
I was hoping for a definitive answer to Ado/Adeleine being the same or not, but I'm starting to think we will never get that. But I'm happy that at least she got a post... it's so nice that it became normal to see Adeleine in Kirby stuff nowadays, just a few years ago her situation was way worse. Sadly Smash is still stuck at a few years ago (so far).

Anyway I suspect they're saving Ado's old design for an EX version of Adeleine in case she is ever getting another bossfight in a new game, and they will probably put it in the game without explanation outside of a very vague pause screen text.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
They did it a day earlier than usual, but there's a possible explanation: today apparently is Kirby 64's 20th anniversary.

Anyway, Ado is not even mentioned in the post, the description is generic and doesn't add anything to what we already know.

There's also a second tweet about her cameo in Super Kirby Clash, that includes a nice little video as well:

This time I used Google Translate, so the translation may be inaccurate, but here it is:

I was hoping for a definitive answer to Ado/Adeleine being the same or not, but I'm starting to think we will never get that. But I'm happy that at least she got a post... it's so nice that it became normal to see Adeleine in Kirby stuff nowadays, just a few years ago her situation was way worse. Sadly Smash is still stuck at a few years ago (so far).

Anyway I suspect they're saving Ado's old design for an EX version of Adeleine in case she is ever getting another bossfight in a new game, and they will probably put it in the game without explanation outside of a very vague pause screen text.
I noticed that Dedede didn't mention that 64 was her first game, only that she was an ally in that game. Still might remain ambiguous, but it's worth noting, along with them skipping over Dream Land 3's fourth boss fight.

Anyway, I'm a bit relieved they remembered 64's anniversary, they could've ignored it in favor of Canvas Curse's Japanese anniversary. Speaking of which, I shouldn't make assumptions, but does anyone else suspect that Drawcia's "iconic Kirby painter" spot has been eclipsed by Adeleine?

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533

I didn't know she had a cameo in that game, how nice !

I hope she has a lot more in future Kirby games (whenever that is.)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Something new I haven't commented for a long time
Nothing new sadly... no new game announcements, Adeleine has already been featured in that twitter thing so nothing to be expected soon.

But I finally finished Star Allies at least... I mean, Guest Star with everyone and all.
I've played as all of the Dream Friends, and I'm still of the opinion that Adeleine is one of the best if not the best.

I'll do a mini review of all the Dream Friends:

• King Dedede: he's one of the best Dream Friends as well. Aside of the hammer moveset, he has got a coupe of new moves that are inspired by his boss moveset. Those moves (the high jump/stomp and the dive) are extremely fun and fast paced to use, other than being very destructive. The main problem of Dedede is his very slow and clumsy fly, and the fact that, like Kirby, he has to spit an air puff before stop flying, and this makes avoiding some hazards impossible or very hard. The new moves also make the base hammer moveset almost obsolete.
  • Metaknight: He's not much impressive. He's sword, but does not have the up and down combo after a dash, that's very handy with regular sword. The only thing that makes him useful is that he can glide similar to his B+up in Brawl... that move is very fast and powerful, and if you want to have some fun with him, you should just spam that. Not really satisfied of his moveset, also his counter attack (extremely situational) is annoying because it's easy to input it accidentally and be stuck in place for a couple of seconds (it was better when he didn't have that).
  • Bandana Waddle Dee: What should I say... he's spear ability helper, he doesn't even feel like a dream friend at all. They added him a charge move that's very powerful, but it's not enough to make him special. But after all it's still better than Metaknight IMO, Spear ability has always been kinda fun, and there are a couple of element combinations that are interesting at least (wind will transform spear copter into a tornado, fire let him throw fireballs at the end of that new charge move). On a side note, it may be just me, but that new move feels a bit out of place on a Waddle Dee.
  • Rick & Kine & Coo: Another of the best Dream Friends IMO. They have many useful elemental attack, and their moveset is kinda balanced and well crafted (and fun too). They can be a bit clumsy at times, and not the best for platforming but still not bad compared to others. They (like other characters) suffer of the dash jump attack problem, were you get 2 different moves depending on if dash is triggered or not, and occasionally you accidentally activate the wrong move in the mess of the battle. (a small "glitch" allows you to do the parasol tornado attack multiple times without landing, useful against bosses and minibosses... cancel the tornado by turning into kine, then input side attack again before kine lands).
  • Marx: Fun to mess with, very creative moveset... though, it doesn't feel right at times. I don't know, he's probably too clumsy and umbalanced... some moves are good but don't mesh well with each other, so you will probably just choose a move and spam it to death. It's nice that you can combine elements with him and the ball mechanics are very interesting concept-wise.
  • Gooey: A disaster. Probably my least favorite Dream Friend of all. He's more or less just Whip, reskinned to a tongue. He is useful for the elemental attacks (has more or less the same elements as the animal friends), and can throw friends to break some special blocks... that's it... his dark matter thunders aren't considered electric (and are short, they don't even cover a full screen), but you can aim them diagonally up and down... if not that when you try to aim them down, you will likely accidentally input stone, drop into a bottomless pit and die. Yes, that happend to me, not even Kirby's stone in smash is so unreliable.
  • Adeleine & Ribbon: Extremely obvious, but it's by far my favorite Dream Friend. Her moveset is mashed very well, to the point that when you get used to it, you will need to use every single move, unlike some characters who have an overpowered move that make the rest of the moveset redundant (MK anyone?). Regardless she still has some flaws: she's kinda slow, the dash attack won't speed her up... and Fairy Dance (up attack) can't be splitted in two separated attacks, once you activate it, it will fully perform the two steps, making it annoying at times. Also I wish Fairy Dance was limited to once per jump, and you had to land in order to perform it again... because it's quite broken. Another possible annoyance is that a boss drawings break instantly after being hit once... but that's not much of an issue once you learn how to play as her. The neutral brush attack is very good, it has more range than Vividria's and can be used in jump to attack while moving... you can even jump, turn back and attack, then turn forward again, without losing momentum (I often use it mid-air instead of the crystal gun, just press down to drop, release and press attack, then fly again... if you do it right, you won't lose much height, and you can use this trick for Fairy Dance as well). The crystal gun is easy to spam just like Fairy Dance, and I think this is another flaw of the character... but only for casual gamers: once you master her moveset, you'll figure out that most of the times there are better moves to use and crystal gun is kinda weak.
  • Dark Meta Knight: The better Knight. He's kinda fun, his dash-jump attack is the most fun move and it lets you hover until the combo ends. He has some form of that dash-up-down attack from regular sword unlike regular MK, and that's good. The only problem is that some of his moves break the flow by stopping you in place for some frames. Like dash attack, at the end it will summon some mirror swords, but in doing so, it will stop you for some frames.
  • Daroach: I don't know... it's a mess of a character. It doesn't feel good enough IMO. It has some fun moves, but they don't mesh well together; you will find yourself thinking "now what should I use" or even "oh I forgot I also had that move", because simply the moveset is not well optimized, it's a mess. Overall it's not much different than Adeleine, he can summon minions and fill the screen with hitboxes... but Adeleine simply works better, and the fact that she summons the minions from a canvas while Daroach just spawn them out of nowhere is a nice touch that Daroach is lacking of. A lot of charging attacks and blind spots too (sometimes you are close to an enemy but you can't hit him because the ice beam is horizontal and the enemy is slighty above, for example).
  • Magolor: The perfect character for bossfights. He's full of tools that will let you destroy anything on screen. He's also better crafted compared to Marx, his moveset is better designed, every move is useful. The only problem is platforming. Most of his moves have some lag, and slow you down, unless you spam dash attack... the apple gems are almost useless in platforming, and his fly is a bit unprecise so you will probably find hard to land on a specific spot or dodge something that requires precision. Extremely overpowered, but that's the fun thing.
  • Taranza: Another overpowered character. I think it can be compared to Magolor, even though their moveset is quite different. Unlike Magolor, he's a bit better for platforming (also because you can use the webs as trampolines to high-jump everywhere, and not just the friend ability one, every web on screen - like regular spider ability). His explosion attack is similar to Marx' black hole, but slighty faster to charge and massively more powerful; in bossfight it's overpowered and you can basically just spam that. What's fun of Taranza is that, like Adeleine and Daroach, you can place lots of traps on screen and defend yourself from attacks coming from a direction while you are busy dealing with enemies on the other side (though his traps are more static and require more thinking). Overall, Magolor is probably better, but there are moments when Taranza is more fun.
  • Susie: A good character, fun and powerful. She's better when in team with elemental friends, so you can change elements as you want. Different elements give her completely different types of beams for her gun, and that's cool... it feels like Megaman or something. The armor is very cool and feels kinda like Adeleine's boss drawings... the fact that it works as a shield and reduces damage is also interesting, along with being bigger and easier to hit in exchange. Susie also has the dash attack problem: you trigger completely different moves depending on if you are dashing or not, and this is annoying because sometimes you just want to shot with your gun and you have to stop in place first, else you will be propelled forward like with jet ability instead. Storing the jet charge is useful but annoying that it's released after doing a double jump instead of activating the helicopter thing. Probably my second favorite Dream Friend after Adeleine, also because of their similarities in moveset.
  • Three Mage Sisters: OMG. Each single move of this character is a screen nuke. They're fun to play as, but massively broken gameplay-wise. A nice endgame bonus though, if you consider them that way. They are very fun but will make you feel like a cheater... though, they also have some flaws: the 3 mages have some similar moves (for example, Flamberge throws those swords down, and Francisca throws ice crystals in a similar way), but those similar moves are activated in completely different ways. Most of their moves are hidden behind input combinations, making this character quite unintuitive (Marx and someone else have this problem too). Zan's electric beam and electric bolts attacks are activated with similar input and it's almost impossible to consistently choose one of them without occasionally imputing the other unintentionally.
That's it... So, my personal top 5 is
  1. Adeleine & Ribbon
  2. Susie
  3. Rick & Kine & Coo
  4. King Dedede
  5. Three Mage Sisters
A thing that I love of Adeleine's moveset is the depth and learning curve: there are a lot of tricks that you can learn and use in battle, such as how Kracko deals more damage if you move a bit while hitting the target, or Ice Dragon deals more damage if you get closer, or Waiu walks by doing little jumps like Frog Mario in SMB3, and you can exploit those little jumps to summon those exploding stars without actually jumping, etc... it's simply awesome, best character so far, most fun, no contest.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...s_thoughts_on_the_companys_history_and_future

HAL's 40th anniversary drawing features a few faces that haven't been seen in a while, and if you look carefully, a certain fairy is hidden.
Adeleine's there too ! Even if it's just her hat and brush, it's still really great to see her sitting right next to some of the more popular Kirby side characters.

And if you look closely, she's holding two fingers in the air, clearly a subtle hint at Crystal shards 2, which will feature a playable Adeleine.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The 40th anniversary artwork is very cool, though it's not new, we already discussed it in the previous page.

Anyway about the V sign, I'm not sure how much the people at HAL do research about what the fans do, but I like to think that they have seen this fan-made render and decided to reference it:

That pose reminds me of Mario in the SNES days.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Seeing as we barely got much in the way of new Kirby games with new content lately, they're surely up to something. Maybe for the next anniversary?

With any luck, we should at least get spirit events advertising those new games when they eventually come out.
Maybe Kirby's finally going to get his answer to Super Mario Odyssey or BotW? Heaven knows he can warrant it, what with his history.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
https://nintendoeverything.com/kirb...ys-therell-be-a-lot-of-variety-in-the-future/

Has anyone seen this today? I won't lie, I'm REALLY curious as to what the future holds for Kirby...
Yes I've read about that. It's surely interesting, not only they're working on the next main game and want it to be the "pinnacle" of Kirby, but they're also planning to do a lot of spin-offs, non-action too.

When Kirby Star Allies was released, people complained about its lack of content and excessively easy difficulty (it sold well but got a lot of mixed reviews). They took that feedback and released a bunch of free DLCs that expanded the game and added some challenge... So, I think they have learned from Star Allies and the next time they will make the game feel complete from the start. With all the feedback they have got, and the will to improve their products, I'm really expeting the next game to be ambitious for real. If they say that (calling the next game "the pinnacle"), they probably know that the game they are planning to show in the future is something that the fans will like, they seem pretty confident, and this brings me a lot of hopes. I'm not saying that it will be good for sure, but IMO they will try something bigger, and if it turns out to be good, it will be massively good.

About spin offs, I'm happy to hear that, and I hope the franchise will return to the old times when other than just main games, there were also all the Pinball Land, Block Ball, Tilt'n'Tumble, Star Stacker and stuff. Especially Star Stacker, it's one of the most fun tetris-like games I have ever played, regardless of it being a Kirby game. So new non-action spin-offs sounds incredibly good to me, I can't wait to see all that variety they're talking about.

Mario Paint but with Kirby, Adeleine could take the role of Kirby's art teacher, kinda like Vince in art academy.
The whole game would have Kirby's Dream Land pastel-like aesthetics.
I hope all those spin-off will put some of the side characters into spotlight; people love the Dream Friends, and the main series games often have a small cast of characters and you can't fit all of them in it. I hope the spin-offs will keep all the Dream Friends, and especially Adeleine, relevant (I also hope to be able to play as Adeleine in a main series game again).

--

An interesting thing happend on the Twitter page. They made a post about Acro, and in said post, they didn't mention the mechanical version from Planet Robobot. This seems meaningless, but in fact it's not much different than them not mentioning Ado in the Adeleine post. It means that it's completely normal that they didn't mention her appearance in KDL3, and it doesn't imply anything about the "same person/different person" theories.

--

I'm also improving my score with Adeleine in Soul Melter EX:
2020042210154400-B20FAEC679A3A9320864DC374CFB9713.jpg
Watching some videos online, I realized that Adeleine is perfectly capable of doing the same scores as characters like Magolor and the Three Mage Sisters, she's only a bit harder to master. My problem is the 3D part of the Void Termina fight, apparently I'm losing one minute there, I'm not even sure how.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe Kirby's finally going to get his answer to Super Mario Odyssey or BotW? Heaven knows he can warrant it, what with his history.
Weeeeell...if Kumazaki has any say in things, it might happen. He's the likeliest to use formerly-scrapped Kirby game concepts. So far, he did that for D3 (as HR-D3), the helper stacking mechanic, and (surprise surprise) making Adeleine playable.

The only big one left is a third-person 3D Kirby platformer. We had Kirby's Blowout Blast a few years ago, it's essentially a proof-of-concept for this kind of thing, and fans loved that. It's only a matter of time, I'd say, seeing as they've basically exhausted the RTDL formula.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I hope all those spin-off will put some of the side characters into spotlight; people love the Dream Friends, and the main series games often have a small cast of characters and you can't fit all of them in it. I hope the spin-offs will keep all the Dream Friends, and especially Adeleine, relevant (I also hope to be able to play as Adeleine in a main series game again).
Weeeeell...if Kumazaki has any say in things, it might happen. He's the likeliest to use formerly-scrapped Kirby game concepts. So far, he did that for D3 (as HR-D3), the helper stacking mechanic, and (surprise surprise) making Adeleine playable.

The only big one left is a third-person 3D Kirby platformer. We had Kirby's Blowout Blast a few years ago, it's essentially a proof-of-concept for this kind of thing, and fans loved that. It's only a matter of time, I'd say, seeing as they've basically exhausted the RTDL formula.
I PRAY that if Kirby's future does take a big turn (for the best, obviously), EVERYONE gets to be around for the ride. That includes Adeleine, Ribbon, Gooey, the Animal Friends (including Nago, ChuChu, and Pitch), Chef Kawasaki (who feels like he's becoming a more intricate member of the cast these days), Daroach, Magolor, Taranza, Susie, and many more. Heck, even bring in the various Dream Landers Kirby and co. helped out in Dream Land 3 while they're at it.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
The truth is that I am quite curious about what the next Kirby game will be like with these statements

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Nintendo published some wallpapers for PC featuring several Nintendo characters (only on the Japanese website I think) (never mind, they published them in occident too and there is a news about it on Smashboards' home). There are 4 wallpapers for each game, and one of the 4 dedicated to Kirby Star Allies is an artwork that in the past they used to promote the Heroes in Another Dimension DLC; it features Adeleine, and it's high resolution, without the game's logo.

Also they finally did the Bronto Burt post on Kirby's twitter page... though no 02 so far, did they skip it or will they just post it later?

EDIT: And I improved my Soul Melter EX record with Adeleine too... Now this score is pretty good, I've seen people with Magolor and Three Mage Sisters doing worse than that. I'm starting to think that Adeleine is really one of the most powerful characters in the game when played right.

2020042315431600-B20FAEC679A3A9320864DC374CFB9713.jpg

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if I should be reviving the thread without much to announce, but I wanted to share some old Miiverse drawings of mine that were obviously lost to the sands of time.

Sketch 1.png
Sketch 2.png

The reason I bring these up is that I wish to remind my fellow supporters that, for what it's worth, Adeleine's situation is nowhere near as bad as it was before. 18 years is still the longest time she went missing, and the counter can't go higher unless she disappears again with no substantial cameos for decades. Her situation with Smash is not pretty, but assuming that level of omission doesn't bleed into Kirby, I would imagine it will be fine. It would be better if it was mitigated, though.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I wonder if I should be reviving the thread without much to announce, but I wanted to share some old Miiverse drawings of mine that were obviously lost to the sands of time.

The reason I bring these up is that I wish to remind my fellow supporters that, for what it's worth, Adeleine's situation is nowhere near as bad as it was before. 18 years is still the longest time she went missing, and the counter can't go higher unless she disappears again with no substantial cameos for decades. Her situation with Smash is not pretty, but assuming that level of omission doesn't bleed into Kirby, I would imagine it will be fine. It would be better if it was mitigated, though.
My memory is a bit confused right now but I kinda remember those drawings, the Holo Defense API one especially.

Anyway, I literally spammed Miiverse with Adeleine stuff lol. Actually I had a lot of fun with Miiverse when it existed.

I dumped all of my posts on my hard disk so I still have those drawings...

AYQHAAABAAABUaXAkLy_6A.png
AYQHAAABAAAEVHhle3AO_A.png
AYQHAAABAAAEVHhnSHYAJg.png
AYQHAAABAAAhUqFKIZ4HUQ.png
AYQHAAABAACaU2yTD4Dw9g.png
AYQHAAABAACNUKEl8fm-7A.png
AYQHAAABAACNUKEm03I3ug.png
AYQHAAABAACNUKEmN_iMIg.png
AYQHAAABAACNUKEp5hsTnQ.png
AYQHAAABAACNUKFJ07DVjg.png
AYQHAAABAACNUKFJ08bQrg.png
AYQHAAABAACNUKFJ08qaTw.png
AYQHAAABAADtU2yU5TBIcA.png
AYQHAAABAADtU2yUFuc9OA.png
WVW69jves_871YaYMu.png
WVW69kQ0RYwh1NawAv.png
zlCfzSJvr8MzwpgF9N.png
zlCfzSK6_3Y_DtrrkT.png

There were some more but lower quality, and an Art Academy drawing too.

This one was interesting because it's possible that the developers at HAL have seen it. I posted it under one of their official post (Japanese version) and got a lot of likes (yeahs or what they were).
MlWA77x5UesbBbTvRN.png

It was a reply to this official Miiverse picture:

They were doing a parallel between modern and classic characters, and they placed Elline without Adeleine on the other side of the picture... I just fixed the mistake.

Also, I think that after Star Allies, this became relevant:
AYQHAAABAACNUKEnjgL2qA.png

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
My memory is a bit confused right now but I kinda remember those drawings, the Holo Defense API one especially.

Anyway, I literally spammed Miiverse with Adeleine stuff lol. Actually I had a lot of fun with Miiverse when it existed.

I dumped all of my posts on my hard disk so I still have those drawings...

There were some more but lower quality, and an Art Academy drawing too.

This one was interesting because it's possible that the developers at HAL have seen it. I posted it under one of their official post (Japanese version) and got a lot of likes (yeahs or what they were).
View attachment 273978
It was a reply to this official Miiverse picture:

They were doing a parallel between modern and classic characters, and they placed Elline without Adeleine on the other side of the picture... I just fixed the mistake.

Also, I think that after Star Allies, this became relevant:
Incredible work on these ! Rip Miiverse, you were fun but also weird most of the time.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The results of the "Mega Smash Poll Ultimate" from Source Gaming came out, Adeleine did not rank up into the top 100 (she placed 108 sadly) but she has got a decent amount of votes, 32.
The only Kirby characters who have got more votes than her are: Marx and Magolor who both got 42 votes each, and BWD who has got almost 600 votes (though halved the amount of votes compared to the former poll).

She's a bit unpopular compared to the high requested characters, but it seems she still has a bit of support regardless.

Sources:
https://sourcegaming.info/2020/06/20/mega-smash-poll-ssbu-fighter-pass-2/

First party only chart

Last edited:

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
The results of the "Mega Smash Poll Ultimate" from Source Gaming came out, Adeleine did not rank up into the top 100 (she placed 108 sadly) but she has got a decent amount of votes, 32.
The only Kirby characters who have got more votes than her are: Marx and Magolor who both got 42 votes each, and BWD who has got almost 600 votes (though halved the amount of votes compared to the former poll).

She's a bit unpopular compared to the high requested characters, but it seems she still has a bit of support regardless.

Sources:
https://sourcegaming.info/2020/06/20/mega-smash-poll-ssbu-fighter-pass-2/

First party only chart
Well at least she stayed close

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
I am a bit disappointed she didn't rank all that high on that poll, but seeing as she's close to the top 100 also gives me some hope. I don't believe she's outnumbered by anyone who shares her niche (unless Amaterasu counts) so she's also got that going for her. But I wonder if her popularity is not as strong as it was a couple years back.

Tomorrow will be a revolutionary day, but maybe not for the right reasons. We must keep going.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I am a bit disappointed she didn't rank all that high on that poll, but seeing as she's close to the top 100 also gives me some hope. I don't believe she's outnumbered by anyone who shares her niche (unless Amaterasu counts) so she's also got that going for her. But I wonder if her popularity is not as strong as it was a couple years back.

Tomorrow will be a revolutionary day, but maybe not for the right reasons. We must keep going.
Her placement in the poll isn't bad at all...
Marx and Magolor were only 10 votes above her and Marx' popularity is boosted by him being a boss in the game, Magolor always got more votes than her in polls.
Other relaitvely popular characters placed worse than her, including Tom Nook and Ganon who are main characters in their own series.
Lastly, Adeleine got more votes than all the ARMS characters, including Min Min who today just became a fighter.

And to be honest Adeleine has never placed high in polls, often she doesn't even appear in the polls at all, so it's great to have her, even at position 108, I'm glad.

Though, all things considered, while she's still one of the most popular Kirby characters, there are still a few who are more popular than her, and that's a big obstacle for her inclusion. A good amount of Adeleine supporters also support Bandana Waddle Dee and often they support the latter more. Adeleine's popularity risks of decreasing if HAL does nothing with her soon... so let's hope she is included in the next game in some way.

Min Min was a spirit and became a fighter; spirits don't econfirm, so people will once again focus on Bandana Waddle Dee, other Kirby characters will be dismissed as soon as someone mentions them, like it has always been in the past before the spirits thing moved the spotlight away from the dee.

So, in my opinion the situation from now onward will be worse. Sad but that's it.
Our only hope is that the noise that the fans did on Twitter for her at the time of the DLC Dream Friends has affected the choice of the Smash DLC fighters, and that the Smash dev team somehow will chose her over Magolor and Dee.

I will continue to support her, and I hope that others will do it as well... it's just that at the moment there are too few people who actively support her, we should find a way to get more of them, but how. With Miiverse I could just log in and do some posts to support Adeleine, now there's Twitter and other socials, but I don't feel comfortable in using general social medias for stuff like that...

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
Her placement in the poll isn't bad at all...
Marx and Magolor were only 10 votes above her and Marx' popularity is boosted by him being a boss in the game, Magolor always got more votes than her in polls.
Other relaitvely popular characters placed worse than her, including Tom Nook and Ganon who are main characters in their own series.
Lastly, Adeleine got more votes than all the ARMS characters, including Min Min who today just became a fighter.

And to be honest Adeleine has never placed high in polls, often she doesn't even appear in the polls at all, so it's great to have her, even at position 108, I'm glad.

Though, all things considered, while she's still one of the most popular Kirby characters, there are still a few who are more popular than her, and that's a big obstacle for her inclusion. A good amount of Adeleine supporters also support Bandana Waddle Dee and often they support the latter more. Adeleine's popularity risks of decreasing if HAL does nothing with her soon... so let's hope she is included in the next game in some way.

Min Min was a spirit and became a fighter; spirits don't econfirm, so people will once again focus on Bandana Waddle Dee, other Kirby characters will be dismissed as soon as someone mentions them, like it has always been in the past before the spirits thing moved the spotlight away from the dee.

So, in my opinion the situation from now onward will be worse. Sad but that's it.
Our only hope is that the noise that the fans did on Twitter for her at the time of the DLC Dream Friends has affected the choice of the Smash DLC fighters, and that the Smash dev team somehow will chose her over Magolor and Dee.

I will continue to support her, and I hope that others will do it as well... it's just that at the moment there are too few people who actively support her, we should find a way to get more of them, but how. With Miiverse I could just log in and do some posts to support Adeleine, now there's Twitter and other socials, but I don't feel comfortable in using general social medias for stuff like that...
Well you could see it this way... if Minmin got in because of Yabuki's favoritism, then Adeleine could get in because of Kumazaki's favoritism. Hey, could happen.......

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>Jimmy T only got a single vote
That is not funky at all.

Anywho, if you folks find yourself bored waiting for the next Kirby game, the next demo for Kirby's Dream Land Plus will show up at SAGE 2020.

Also, there's an upcoming rom hack that'll replace Paint Roller with Addy.

Last edited:

MintPepsi

Smash Cadet
Yo I just wanna say that Adeleine has been one of my most wanted newcomers for a while now. I had played 64 for the first time shortly before she was revealed for Star Allies and enjoyed it even though 100%ing it was a real pain. She ended up being one of my favorite dream friends in Star Allies. She's now one of my top picks for the next Kirby rep in Smash alongside Magolor and Dark Matter. Although she isn't as important or popular as other potential Kirby reps, she has such strong moveset potential and she's also just really cute so I fully support her. I'd love to see her get in with like an alternate costume based on her DL3 design.
Sucks to see that this thread is kinda inactive, can't say I'm surprised though. I wouldn't consider her likely even though her lack of a spirit was odd. Regardless of her current chances though, I still hope to see her in Smash one day.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I check this thread almost every day, I don't post because there's not much to discuss but my interest didn't decrease at all.
I'm mostly waiting for the announcement of a new Kirby game, hoping that it will have Adeleine featured in some form.
I also wish this thread was more active, but what you can do.

Top Bottom