• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adeleine, the Miracle Painter (& Ribbon?): Sorry for the wait... but the wait continues.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Oy, I got ninjaed, I was just about to post this since I saw it on totototo0507's retweets!

It may not mean much, but it's interesting and neat. Also, Kirby probably ate Vividria.
That twitter picture sure is interesting, because aside of the materialized drawings and the waddle dee reporter crew, it's all about artist characters, though Ribbon appears in it regardless. It means that now Adeleine and Ribbon are considered as a single character, a duo character.

This said, I just had a nice idea for Adeleine's Smash moveset.
In my old moveset, I was unsure about where to implement Pacto, as up smash or forward throw.
(this thing)

Now I realized that it's better to leave it as forward throw, because up smash can be Popon:

(this enemy from Kirby's Dream Land 3 has also appeared in the anime and is featured in Kirby Star Allies' goal game)

It always pops out from the canvas as 3 blobs high, but if you charge it for longer, it will become longer, up to six blobs (spawning the extra blobs after it becomes real). Then it explodes, each single part separately, starting from the bottom; the last part makes a bigger explosion. (explosion releases paint).
It's also a small reference to the bomb blocks in Kirby games, which make a trail of explosions one block at time.

Also, I had a second idea, more coherent with what I said before about Ribbon.
What if Ribbon grabs items and other characters for you? She can carrry and use the items while Adeleine can still draw with her paintbrush and palette in hand, and the same can be applied to grabs/throws: while Ribbon holds the other fighter, Adeleine draws and summons the trap, then Ribbon releases the enemy into the trap (forward: Pacto; back: cannon or Zebon; up: Tick; down: I^3). Think of when Ribbon grabs Kirby and transports him into the star portal at the end of the Shiver Star cutscene of Kirby 64.
I know it would be odd to see the little Ribbon carry fat giant characters such as Bowser or King K Rool, but honestly who cares, it's funny.

As for using items, stuff like the homerun bat and the sword would require some unique animations, but they are an opportunity to represent some iconic attacks from the Kirby series.
When using the sword, Ribbon would spin on herself while holding it, similar to how Sword Kirby and Metaknight do in most games when they attack in air/water. When you charge a smash attack with a sword, she would fly forward a bit and then return, resembling the attack of a Sir Kibble/Cutter Kirby.
Homerun bat would be based on hammer throw from Kirby Superstar. The 2 characters grab their hand and spin in place, slighty going forwadr; at the end, Ribbon detaches and releases a strong hit with the momentum carried by spinning with Adeleine before.

I'd like to do a small animation to show this but it's a big amount of work...

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Sorry for the double post, I have some news.

Adeleine & Ribbon placed 28 in Gamexplain's top 100 list of female characters for Smash Bros. Some other popular characters placed lower, so it's not bad at all.
Speaking of Kirby characters, only Adeleine and Susie made it into that chart, and Susie is at position 58.

Here's the (part 2) of the video, that covers 50 to 1 of the chart, for people interested. Adeleine is at 11:23 of the video

Gamexplain's chart means nothng speculation-wise, but at least it gives some visibility to the character, and I'm happy of that. It's great to see her in the top half of the chart (or in the chart at all) and being called a fan favorite; it really shows how much the support can increase her chances of being in Smash.

I spotted a couple of nice comments about her under the video... it's not much but it's still cool.

(I'm also happy that Hornet and Syrup, other two of my favorites, are in the chart too).

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post, I have some news.

Adeleine & Ribbon placed 28 in Gamexplain's top 100 list of female characters for Smash Bros. Some other popular characters placed lower, so it's not bad at all.
Speaking of Kirby characters, only Adeleine and Susie made it into that chart, and Susie is at position 58.

Here's the (part 2) of the video, that covers 50 to 1 of the chart, for people interested. Adeleine is at 11:23 of the video

Gamexplain's chart means nothng speculation-wise, but at least it gives some visibility to the character, and I'm happy of that. It's great to see her in the top half of the chart (or in the chart at all) and being called a fan favorite; it really shows how much the support can increase her chances of being in Smash.

I spotted a couple of nice comments about her under the video... it's not much but it's still cool.

(I'm also happy that Hornet and Syrup, other two of my favorites, are in the chart too).
I wish I had thought of posting that, but I wasn't surprised in the least to see her so high up. Derrick seems to adore Adeleine quite a bit IIRC, albeit I was a little surprised he wasn't the one who talked about her.

In general, her support seems to have grown... on top of being already more popular than I had assumed for years. I have no clue if this will make a dent on Smash, but if the demand is there, maybe a miracle can happen.

Last edited:

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
Hello! I've been really enjoying Kirby games recently, mainly thanks to the NES/SNES online libraries.
I'm really looking forward to play Kirby 64. Even tho I don't know too much about the character Adeleine, I totally support her (always fall for the cute ones Embarrass).
Plus I feel like she definitely looks the type of character who would have a really creative and unique moveset.

With that, I sincerely hope Nintendo's planning to have more of their characters in Ultimate.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I wish I had thought of posting that, but I wasn't surprised in the least to see her so high up. Derrick seems to adore Adeleine quite a bit IIRC, albeit I was a little surprised he wasn't the one who talked about her.

In general, her support seems to have grown... on top of being already more popular than I had assumed for years. I have no clue if this will make a dent on Smash, but if the demand is there, maybe a miracle can happen.
Being absent from the Spirit list also matters to some people.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
It's a bit sad to see this thread without activity, I think we should not give up yet.
With the announcement of Byleth, Adeleine has a little chance of being part of the next fighter pass.

-First parties are still possible, and game specific content additions for already represented franchises are possible as well.
Just like what happend for Fire Emblem: Three Houses, they added a set of spirits and songs from that game despite Fire Emblem was already represented in the game. Bringing "new worlds" to Smash doesn't mean new franchises only.
The Kirby franchise is well represented already, there are spirits from most of the games, all the important characters are covered, with some odd exceptions. Those exceptions are Adeleine & Ribbon, Taranza and Galactic Nova. While many characters from the series are represented as spirits, and even some obscure ones got some attention (Gryll, and the Dream Land 3 animals), Kirby 64 has no spirits and no content at all, aside of a couple of songs, both low effort ports from previous existing games (02 remix from Brawl and first level theme ripped from the original midi in Kirby 64); a DLC adding Kirby 64 and Shimomura Kirby content is still very possible.

-The spirit theory is still valid.
So far, none of the DLC characters had a spirit already in the base game. It was true for Piranha Plant, and it's still true for Byleth. Edelgard was one of the popular "missing spirit" (even thought her absence was kinda justified due to the release date of Three Houses). Regardless, Edelgard has been added as a spirit along with others. Sylux, Adeleine & Ribbon and Porky are very suspicious, and it's likely that they will be added in the future, in some way. Newcomer or spirit event, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure they will be added. Even if Adeleine does not become a fighter, the possibility that they will add her through spirit event is still good news, because spirit events are usually promotional content, and Adeleine being added as a promotional spirit means that she's featured in some new unannounced game.
We can deduct that spirits already in the game can't become fighters, but we're not sure about that yet... though there are more and more hints that spirits not in the game will just be added later.

So, while it's still a difficult situation, the hope is still there, and better than before. It's not third party only anymore, it's not fan favorites only anymore, missing spirits are being added. Byleth mignt not be our dream character, but it brought us some new hopes.

The bad thing is that the next pass will end in about 2 years from now, and the wait will be incredibly frustrating. If Adeleine is going to be a fighter in this pass, I hope she will be one of the first ones announced, because I don't want the agony to last 2 more whole years.

On a side note, we'll likely get some new twitter content featuring Adeleine soon. They're doing video posts about all the cameo characters in Super Kirby Clash, and Adeleine is one of them; also, they're continuing that thing of Dedede posting descriptions of Kirby characters, and they're around Dream Land 3... they posted Gooey and Nago recently, Adeleine is close.

Last edited:

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
It's a bit sad to see this thread without activity, I think we should not give up yet.
With the announcement of Byleth, Adeleine has a little chance of being part of the next fighter pass.

-First parties are still possible, and game specific content additions for already represented franchises are possible as well.
Just like what happend for Fire Emblem: Three Houses, they added a set of spirits and songs from that game despite Fire Emblem was already represented in the game. Bringing "new worlds" to Smash doesn't mean new franchises only.
The Kirby franchise is well represented already, there are spirits from most of the games, all the important characters are covered, with some odd exceptions. Those exceptions are Adeleine & Ribbon, Taranza and Galactic Nova. While many characters from the series are represented as spirits, and even some obscure ones got some attention (Gryll, and the Dream Land 3 animals), Kirby 64 has no spirits and no content at all, aside of a couple of songs, both low effort ports from previous existing games (02 remix from Brawl and first level theme ripped from the original midi in Kirby 64); a DLC adding Kirby 64 and Shimomura Kirby content is still very possible.

-The spirit theory is still valid.
So far, none of the DLC character had a spirit in the game in the base game. It was true for Piranha Plant, and it's still true for Byleth. Edelgard was one of the popular "missing spirit" (even thought her absence was kinda justified due to the release date of Three Houses). Regardless, Edelgard has been added as a spirit along with others. Sylux, Adeleine & Ribbon and Porky are very suspicious, and it's likely that they will be added in the future, in some way. Newcomer or spirit event, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure they will be added. Even if Adeleine does not become a fighter, the possibility that they will add her through spirit event is still good news, because spirit events are usually promotional content, and Adeleine being added as a promotional spirit means that she's featured in some new unannounced game.
We can deduct that spirits already in the game can't become fighters, but we're not sure about that yet... though there are more and more hints that spirits not in the game will just be added later.

So, while it's still a difficult situation, the hope is still there, and better than before. It's not third party only anymore, it's not fan favorites only anymore, missing spirits are being added. Byleth mignt not be our dream character, but it brought us some new hopes.

The bad thing is that the next pass will end in about 2 years from now, and the wait will be incredibly frustrating. If Adeleine is going to be a fighter in this pass, I hope she will be one of the first ones announced, because I don't want the agony to last 2 more whole years.

On a side note, we'll likely get some new twitter content featuring Adeleine soon. They're doing video posts about all the cameo characters in Super Kirby Clash, and Adeleine is one of them; also, they're continuing that thing of Dedede posting descriptions of Kirby characters, and they're around Dream Land 3... they posted Gooey and Nago recently, Adeleine is close.
As much as I'm not a fan of Fire Emblem, I'm kinda glad those two got in, as I was starting to feel like Nintendo was losing itself too much on third party representation. Not only that, but they definitely opened the doors for missing Nintendo characters on the spirit collection (like you said), such as her and Porky.

One question, has she ever made any sort of appearance in any Smash game? If not than she totally fits Reggie's information at the Game Awards 2018, but of course this second wave could very well follow a different kind of settings.
All in all I do believe she has a healthy chance, seeing that she totally fits Byleth's standards.
But I feel like the best we can do now is wait.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Well, that was anticlimactic. But hey! The agony of the "new franchise" era is over and we can regularly assume that nothing really applies and more characters have a chance! Maybe this salty moment was a cloud with silver lining.

I have a better feeling about this, and that'll be enough to keep me inspired to continue advocating for an Adeleine Smash debut! For now.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One thing that could help us is that besides some of the art still being missing (including Zero, bizarrely enough), we have yet to know about HAL's next major Kirby project, which will certainly be out within a few years. Only thing that'd get in the way is a random spirit event, but Nintendo/2nd party-related ones don't seem to have much priority right now compared to third-party stuff.

As much as I'm not a fan of Fire Emblem, I'm kinda glad those two got in, as I was starting to feel like Nintendo was losing itself too much on third party representation. Not only that, but they definitely opened the doors for missing Nintendo characters on the spirit collection (like you said), such as her and Porky.

One question, has she ever made any sort of appearance in any Smash game? If not than she totally fits Reggie's information at the Game Awards 2018, but of course this second wave could very well follow a different kind of settings.
All in all I do believe she has a healthy chance, seeing that she totally fits Byleth's standards.
But I feel like the best we can do now is wait.
Also, just getting third-party approvals would KO their wallet anyways. I mean, DQ's music in particular must have been like pulling teeth from Sugiyama.

So far, no, Adeleine hasn't shown up in any capacity. The first instance of non-Sak Kirby content I recall is an enemy trophy from Amazing Mirror, of all things. The only things we can be sure of is that everyone that's coming is a previously unplayable newcomer and unexpected (subjectively), so I don't think that'll change much.

We've yet to see if Sak will get out of his comfort zone, but I bet that he'd be dying to have an excuse to talk about the history of the series he created himself. Especially if Kumazaki provides games for "research".

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Do you remember that hanafuda-inspired picture I did time ago?
I said it had a missing detail, and that I would have shown it at the end of the fighter pass (or in case Adeleine was announced).
The first fighter pass is done, we've reached the end, so I can show you the whole picture... no, I don't want to.
I'll show only the missing detail separated from the picture, because, after all, Adelenie has not been announced and I don't want to celebrate something that didn't happen.

So, this is the missing detail... I hope it will become real like Adeleine's pictures one day.

detail.png

(I'm sad, because ironically, they made a Kirby hanafuda set for real, and all the dream friends are there except for Adeleine & Ribbon. Here we go again. If you are curious about it, this is the tweet.)

EDIT:
So far, no, Adeleine hasn't shown up in any capacity. The first instance of non-Sak Kirby content I recall is an enemy trophy from Amazing Mirror, of all things.
Well, Melee had a couple of Shimomura trophies (Rick and Gooey). And offcourse Adeleine never appeared in Smash in any form so far... Brawl had a few Kirby 64 stickers but they accurately avoided to put anything with Adeleine or Ribbon in it (only Waddle Dee, King Dedede and probably something else, but the usual generic Kirby stuff). There's a reason for why there have been those rumors about Sakurai hating her specifically, and it's not just the "no humans" thing for the anime.

Last edited:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Hey look!

I actually didn't notice this at first! Good to see that Adeleine still is around. Even if she's not particularly in the forefront, I like that the Kirby team seems more dedicated to keeping their fanbase satiated.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
Hey look!

I actually didn't notice this at first! Good to see that Adeleine still is around. Even if she's not particularly in the forefront, I like that the Kirby team seems more dedicated to keeping their fanbase satiated.
What a cute cameo! It's somewhat weird that she appears only in one scene but oh well... it's still very nice to see her there!

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Hey look!

Wow! I've seen that post but I skipped it thinking it was completely unrelated...
That's very nice, those illustrations and the story are a big reference of Kirby 64, and it's nice to see Adeleine as part of the story and not just there for the sake of appearing (she's telling the others how to reassemble that crystal star through drawings).

----------

Aaaaaaand, extremely late to the party, but I finally got Kirby Star Allies and already kinda finished it (still missing all the secondary modes with all the characters/helpers and that harder version of the ultimate choice).
It's a lot better than what I thought, it has that experimentation element that I liked of Kirby's Dream Land 3 and 64 (try several configurations of abilities, moves, elements and dream friends) The first few levels are a bit boring but it becomes a lot better later, and Heroes in Another Dimension has some of the best level design seen in modern Kirby.

Adeleine is absolutely my favorite Dream Friend, her gimmick is so cool they should make a full game mode (if not a spin-off) about her and expand more with the summoning mechanics. Some others are fun too, like Magolor and Susie... I was a bit disappointed of Taranza and Marx, they looked cool from the videos, but actually playing as them, I think their moves don't mesh very well and often ruin the flow in platforming; but they're still all cool anyway. The Three Mage Sisters are incredible, I have no words... they're easily climbing the chart of my most wanted Kirby characters in Smash (Adeleine will always be at top of it though).
Adeleine with Waiu (the ninja thing) is gold, best boss summon and deadly against most bosses and minibosses.

I played Adeleine solo whenever I had the chance to, and had an Adeleine in my party for pretty much all the game, often piggybacking her in order to control her. Basically I played 90% of the game as Adeleine :laugh:

This is my standard team (I like to call it "Team Shimomura"):
Team Shimomura.png

Adeleine, Ribbon, Gooey and all 6 animal friends in the same team.
(They're purposely ordered so the player color matches the character: Rick player 2 yellow, Gooey player 3 blue, Adeleine player 4 green).

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Man, I really hope all of this means that HAL intends to keep Gooey, Adeleine, Ribbon (provided they and/or Nintendo don't find much issue in keeping her away from Ripple Star) and the Animal Friends on the level of Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Waddle Dee.
Heaven knows that the Shimomura characters have a LOT of time to make up for.

This is pretty cute.
Oh, yeah! I saw this yesterday! I watch this, and the ONLY thing I keep hearing in my head on repeat is Popstar's Level Select theme from Kirby 64. Actually, now that I think about it it? I wish Adeleine was around for Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad. At least with her around during that time, I feel like the Spray Paint feature from those two games would have had WAY more character and personality with her painting Kirby over in that menu before sending him off!

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Man, I really hope all of this means that HAL intends to keep Gooey, Adeleine, Ribbon (provided they and/or Nintendo don't find much issue in keeping her away from Ripple Star) and the Animal Friends on the level of Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Waddle Dee.
Heaven knows that the Shimomura characters have a LOT of time to make up for.

Oh, yeah! I saw this yesterday! I watch this, and the ONLY thing I keep hearing in my head on repeat is Popstar's Level Select theme from Kirby 64. Actually, now that I think about it it? I wish Adeleine was around for Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad. At least with her around during that time, I feel like the Spray Paint feature from those two games would have had WAY more character and personality with her painting Kirby over in that menu before sending him off!
I'm very surprised of how good they look together, Shimomura and modern characters, they fit very well.
They built up a nice universe filled with interesting characters who all have fans, I really hope they are planning to keep them around. Especially Adeleine and Gooey, they seem very suited for joining the main group of recurring characters, indeed.

I doubt keeping characters away from their home planet is much of an issue since Magolor is consantly with Kirby and theorically lives in a far planet from a different dimension.

Adeleine in the spray paint screen of Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad would have been a nice touch, though I think that there's not much place for her in those games, aside of maybe that possible cameo. Would have been cool but the games are fine as they are, I prefer they don't shoehorn characters just for the sake of it, else you get the prolem of Sonic were characters are "cheerleaders" most of the times and do nothing aside of appearing. I mean, Amazing Mirror did extremely well without King Dedede even, so did Triple Deluxe without Metaknight.

What I think was a huge missed opportunity is not putting Adeleine in Canvas/Rainbow Curse somehow. She was a natural fit for those games, too bad those came out while Adeleine was still a taboo. That and a traditional Kirby platformer on WiiU where one of the players would control Adeleine with the Game Pad and actually draw on the screen to help the others.

Unrelated, but I completed Soul Melter EX as Adeleine solo, it was hard but I finally did it! (in about 25 minutes, and I can still improve it... I fought Void with 1 HP and shielding for almost all the fight, I'm sure with some practice I'll be able to actually fight Void in a better way and save at least one or two more minutes). I checked some videos online and it seems I did pretty well, I've seen some people doing it in about 30 minutes and just spam fairy dance all the way.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The post-Sakurai and pre-Shimomura era was pretty directionless overall, I think. Several directors mostly used their original creations and rarely strayed away from the main trio in regards to lead characters.

For Star Allies, my only regret is that they intentionally didn't bring back the spin-off characters. Prince Fluff's canonical status still remains dubious.

Hell, if they didn't stick to the one-character-per-game Dream Friend rule, we could have even had Shadow Kirby return.

Do you remember that hanafuda-inspired picture I did time ago?
I said it had a missing detail, and that I would have shown it at the end of the fighter pass (or in case Adeleine was announced).
The first fighter pass is done, we've reached the end, so I can show you the whole picture... no, I don't want to.
I'll show only the missing detail separated from the picture, because, after all, Adelenie has not been announced and I don't want to celebrate something that didn't happen.

So, this is the missing detail... I hope it will become real like Adeleine's pictures one day.

Well, Melee had a couple of Shimomura trophies (Rick and Gooey). And offcourse Adeleine never appeared in Smash in any form so far... Brawl had a few Kirby 64 stickers but they accurately avoided to put anything with Adeleine or Ribbon in it (only Waddle Dee, King Dedede and probably something else, but the usual generic Kirby stuff). There's a reason for why there have been those rumors about Sakurai hating her specifically, and it's not just the "no humans" thing for the anime.
Fair enough, though it's still weird how there's still a bunch of spirits missing besides those two (never mind Zero, even Paint Roller and Heavy Mole aren't there). Either the spirit team ran out of time, they really couldn't find art for them (how they do that for HAL is beyond me) or something's amiss.

In any case, we do at least clearly know that Nintendo is indeed making the DLC character decisions this time around. Whether or not they'll eventually address the elephant in the room is really unclear, as they know that there's only so many inclusions they can add from stuff Sakurai likes. Although PushDustIn PushDustIn 's speculation here concerns me a little:

By the way, it feels weird not knowing about this year's requisite Kirby release. Only recent thing we got right now is a guide for some Clash passwords.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...h_passwords_here_are_a_few_to_get_you_started

Last edited:

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
Even if Sakurai has some sort of bias against her, it's still really hard to imagine that such an important character who even got plushies based on her during the 64 era, doesn't even get the very least kind of representation in Smash Ultimate... specially when considering that they even made spirits based on characters from some of the most forgettable games nintendo ever published.

P47

Smash Apprentice
Even if Sakurai has some sort of bias against her, it's still really hard to imagine that such an important character who even got plushies based on her during the 64 era, doesn't even get the very least kind of representation in Smash Ultimate... specially when considering that they even made spirits based on characters from some of the most forgettable games nintendo ever published.
Yeah it just doesn't make sense how Adeleine and Ribbon have never had any sort of appearance in the Smash Bros series

Also funnily enough we've gone backwards in terms of K64 content
  • Brawl: 7 K64 stickers
  • Ultimate: 0 K64 spirits

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i never really know adeleine had a plush it makes me want to buy it.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
I would like to bring everyone's attention to this video!

It's a drawing for HAL's fourth decade anniversary; I saw it briefly and was gonna internally whine about the lack of our favorite painter in the illustration... but look!

2202020.png

Note that for the most part, there's not a lot of Kirby characters present besides the main characters and the two scoundrels. So why is this cameo the exception? A clue to something, perhaps?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I would like to bring everyone's attention to this video!

It's a drawing for HAL's fourth decade anniversary; I saw it briefly and was gonna internally whine about the lack of our favorite painter in the illustration... but look!

Note that for the most part, there's not a lot of Kirby characters present besides the main characters and the two scoundrels. So why is this cameo the exception? A clue to something, perhaps?
i find it rather rude to put adeleine and ribbon behind the logo and not in full screen time it feels unnecessary to me.

on a side note, they added Escargoon in this picture which is nice.

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
i find it rather rude to put adeleine and ribbon behind the logo and not in full screen time it feels unnecessary to me.
Yeah it feels odd, as if they weren't allowed to be there but they still sneaked them in. It's still a cute detail though!

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

on a side note, they added Escargoon in this picture which is nice.
Honestly I don't think it's rude at all, they are in the picture, and not in a random place in the background, but on the logo and near Magolor and Marx, two pretty important characters. They could have just ignored her, but she's there, I'm just grateful that she's been included.

Also I think that they hiding behind the logo is a joke about how they hide behind the canvas and probably also a reference of the "WHERE IS ADELEINE" meme on Twitter, and I find it funny.

I have more stuff to post but I'm not ready yet... so in case nobody replies, expect a big post edit (or double post if enough time has passed) soon.

------------------------------

EDIT: Also, in the meanwhile, you can vote for Adeleine (or Adeleine & Ribbon) on Source Gaming's Smash Poll if you are ok with filling their survey.
Link to the poll's page
You can vote up to 6 characters so you can put all your favorites in.

------------------------------

Lastly (for now), enjoy this gameplay of Adeleine vs Metaknight in Soul Melter EX. I posted it in the general speculation thread but has been ignored, maybe here it's more appreciated. Imgur video (I think this is the correct way to play as Adeleine, unlike people who abuse of fairy dance and crystals spam... though I think that if I stayed closer to MK during the Ice Dragon part probably I would have defeated him faster, since both Kracko and Ice Dragon seem to inflict more damage the closer you are).

This is not the stuff I was talking about, I still have more to post, soon.

Last edited:

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
I have more stuff to post but I'm not ready yet... so in case nobody replies, expect a big post edit (or double post if enough time has passed) soon.
Now I can't wait!
Lastly (for now), enjoy this gameplay of Adeleine vs Metaknight in Soul Melter EX. I posted it in the general speculation thread but has been ignored, maybe here it's more appreciated. Imgur video (I think this is the correct way to play as Adeleine, unlike people who abuse of fairy dance and crystals spam... though I think that if I stayed closer to MK during the Ice Dragon part probably I would have defeated him faster, since both Kracko and Ice Dragon seem to inflict more damage the closer you are).
Interesting. I actually wanted to ask how you managed to defeat the Soul Melter EX with Adeleine. I tried but it was too hard :/ Maybe this will inspire me to try again.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Here we go! What's your favorite?
Colori.png
Most of them are inspired by other characters, but a couple of them are generic concepts. Try to find all the inspiration for all of the colors.
Or, if you prefer, just look at this spoiler:
Colori ispirazione.png

Princess_Ashley

Smash Apprentice
Most of them are inspired by other characters, but a couple of them are generic concepts. Try to find all the inspiration for all of the colors.
Great! I got the references in the bottom row but the Poppy Bros one just escaped me completely >.<
My faves are the Drawcia Adeleine and Angel Ribbon. Angel Ribbon is so cute and it's a genius idea!

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
Awesome!

Love the exquisite attention to detail!

zferolie

Smash Hero
revivng this thread with a super cute Adeleine and Ribbon pickture by やすなお

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I've been a fan of Adeleine for a long time, and I actually want to see her in Smash. I thought the dream was dead since she never appeared again since K64, but when she got into Star Allies I was very ecstatic to see her return. Just recently I played Star Allies and it made me want her in Smash so much more now. Maybe she has a good chance of becoming playable this time around.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
If Adeleine does make it in by some miracle, I want her to be added to the mural specifically in the foreground, painting the rest of the cast.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Some time ago I had a random idea: see if it was possible to recreate those beta screenshots from Kirby 64 with playable Adeleine in Star Allies (similar locations and pose).

Kirby_64_Beta_Screenshots.png

At the end, I didn't try to recreate them (yet, I'm still finishing guest star with everyone), but the search for those beta screenshots brought me to a Beta64 video.
The video contains many interesting informations about the development of the game, but one specifically interested me the most.
In the original concept, after selecting the star and the level, there was an additional step where you would select the playable character. In the final version of the game, when you select a level, you see all the characters go... that's where originally the character select was planned to be.

Ribbon was supposed to team up with the selected character and go in the level with them, so, it appears that Adeleine was going to team up with Ribbon since the beginning, if only the multiple playable characters were not scrapped.

On a side note, that video took an old comment of mine from when I was on Reddit, and used it as a proof of how to pronunce Adeleine's name... in fact I'm not even sure if that's the correct way to pronunce her name, and what I wrote in that comment is not my own theory but I read it earlier from someone else, I can't remember who and where; though I was surprised to see my comment in a video of a decently popular channel regardless.

Another funny thing shown in the video is that an old trailer of Kirby 64 was mixed with scenes of Kirby in Smash Bros 64, still under the label of Kirby 64, probably to fill the lack of material to show. So, Smash 64 as a whole was said to be part of Kirby 64.

And too bad we didn't get that music minigage with Adeleine playing the keyboard, it would have been adorable lol.

-------------------

I wonder when they are planning to do that Twitter post about Adeleine... they kinda finished KDL 3 and started to post K64 stuff, they did Bouncy so far (it appears since KDL 2 but they mentioned KDL 3 and 64 in the post, so I take it as the first K64 post). When they did KDL 3 they started with Gooey, and they skipped "Ado" when they were posting about the bosses; I was expecting the Adeleine post to be used as a transition between the two games...

I've been a fan of Adeleine for a long time, and I actually want to see her in Smash. I thought the dream was dead since she never appeared again since K64, but when she got into Star Allies I was very ecstatic to see her return. Just recently I played Star Allies and it made me want her in Smash so much more now. Maybe she has a good chance of becoming playable this time around.
When I play Star Allies, I always have an Adeleine in my team, and I most of the time piggyback her in order to control her (or just play as her when I'm able to). Also, I'm proud of this:
2020022509240600-B20FAEC679A3A9320864DC374CFB9713.jpg
but I think there's still margin for improvements.

I'm not sure about her chance being good, but I definitely want her in Smash more than anyone else.

Anyway... can I add you to the supporters list?

Last edited:

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Some time ago I had a random idea: see if it was possible to recreate those beta screenshots from Kirby 64 with playable Adeleine in Star Allies (similar locations and pose).

At the end, I didn't try to recreate them (yet, I'm still finishing guest star with everyone), but the search for those beta screenshots brought me to a Beta64 video.
The video contains many interesting informations about the development of the game, but one specifically interested me the most.
In the original concept, after selecting the star and the level, there was an additional step where you would select the playable character. In the final version of the game, when you select a level, you see all the characters go... that's where originally the character select was planned to be.

Ribbon was supposed to team up with the selected character and go in the level with them, so, it appears that Adeleine was going to team up with Ribbon since the beginning, if only the multiple playable characters were not scrapped.

On a side note, that video took an old comment of mine from when I was on Reddit, and used it as a proof of how to pronunce Adeleine's name... in fact I'm not even sure if that's the correct way to pronunce her name, and what I wrote in that comment is not my own theory but I read it earlier from someone else, I can't remember who and where; though I was surprised to see my comment in a video of a decently popular channel regardless.

Another funny thing shown in the video is that an old trailer of Kirby 64 was mixed with scenes of Kirby in Smash Bros 64, still under the label of Kirby 64, probably to fill the lack of material to show. So, Smash 64 as a whole was said to be part of Kirby 64.

And too bad we didn't get that music minigage with Adeleine playing the keyboard, it would have been adorable lol.

-------------------

I wonder when they are planning to do that Twitter post about Adeleine... they kinda finished KDL 3 and started to post K64 stuff, they did Bouncy so far (it appears since KDL 2 but they mentioned KDL 3 and 64 in the post, so I take it as the first K64 post). When they did KDL 3 they started with Gooey, and they skipped "Ado" when they were posting about the bosses; I was expecting the Adeleine post to be used as a transition between the two games...

When I play Star Allies, I always have an Adeleine in my team, and I most of the time piggyback her in order to control her (or just play as her when I'm able to). Also, I'm proud of this:
but I think there's still margin for improvements.

I'm not sure about her chance being good, but I definitely want her in Smash more than anyone else.

Anyway... can I add you to the supporters list?
Sure, I would love to join the list. Adeleine is one of the few characters who I want in Smash at this point. Don't know why I didn't join ages ago, actually :laugh:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I support her and Ribbbon for Smash.^-^
Bandana Dee is my most wanted Kirby rep, but I wouldn't mind both him and her in Smash.

Top Bottom