• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#AddMinorUltimateModes - A hope for Boss Rush, Online Squad Strike, etc in Ultimate!

Jeremy Smasher

Smash Cadet
As someone who """"""""totally"""""""" got Smash Ultimate a second Fighter's Pass through this method, I thought it was high time to make Nintendo aware of all the little things we'd be interested in seeing in Ultimate as modes/mode tweaks. To put it short, instead of supporting a big, resource intensive mode to come back like a proper Smash Run or something, here we're moreso championing modes and tweaks that really should be in the game already as the components are already there; Boss Rush outside of World of Light's finale, Online options for existing modes, a Target Test stage option for Stage Builder and so on. Stuff that kinda falls under Sakurai's statement of Home-Run Contest being "pretty much the final mode" and doesn't further strain the development team as they work on Fighter's Pass 2.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Here's hoping at least some of these things make it into a future update!

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I don’t think that any of these changes will happen since Sakurai stated that HRC would be the last mode added, but a lot of these modes would be nice additions, especially the preferred tourney rules and 4 player tag team with more lives. I also think that people would like custom Target Test maps and Boss Battles

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Really don't like how overlooked this is. If we somehow get a port of Ultimate, this is the kinda thing I can see them implementing with enough demand instead of "just more characters and a few stages".
Game modes are severely underrated, so I'd be all for this.

Jeremy Smasher

Smash Cadet
I don’t think that any of these changes will happen since Sakurai stated that HRC would be the last mode added, but a lot of these modes would be nice additions, especially the preferred tourney rules and 4 player tag team with more lives. I also think that people would like custom Target Test maps and Boss Battles
Yeah this is kinda built on the idea of, just in case, Sakurai's "pretty much the final mode" statement meaning particularly minor changes are still fair game, lol. Kinda like what happened with the Japanese "Convention" mode that allowed for Japan players to qualify in a tournament or so that happened after he said that, and although that's probably way more simpler an example, maybe something like a tweak for Squad Strike or a Boss Rush option when that essentially already exists in the game as the WoL finale could also fall suite with that?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
At the very least, this will stand as a grand list of Smash Ultimate nitpicks if nothing else :D .

Top Bottom