• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adding Giga Bowser/Sandbag to CSS

Silent J

Smash Rookie
Edit: Solved

Like the title says, a simple .dol mod is all I'm attempting.

Trying to change the ID of the loaded character for the IC's works on the CSS - let's say I'm trying to make Giga Bowser selectable (1D)- everything is indicative that Giga Bowser is the character to be loaded; announcer clip plays, character name is correct. This method also works for other characters with no issues, so its not a conflict with something else on the iso.

However, starting a match anywhere except for training mode will hang the game.
Is there any workaround to this? Or is this a matter of some deeper assembly flexing?

.Dol Offset 3EDC70:
-----------------
40 C0 00 00
1D 1D 02 00 //this is the line to be changed; 0E 0E is the original
19 19 00 00
00 00 00 C8
C1 26 66 66
C0 59 99 9A
41 50 00 00

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Giga-Bowser and Sandbag do not have Warp In Entry animations, which causes the game to freeze. Training Mode does not use the Warp Entry and instead initializes characters into Fall. Use a code like this:
Code:
Bowser and Sandbag Fall Instead of Warp Entry (1.02) [Achilles]
C2069328 00000006
807E0004 2C03001F
4182000C 2C030020
40820014 3C608006
60639350 7C6803A6
4E800021 887E000C
60000000 00000000
Code:
Bowser and Sandbag Fall Instead of Warp Entry
inject @ 80069328
    - AllocateAndInitPlayer function
    - r30 = internal char data offset of character being initialized

lwz r3,4(r30)    # load internal char ID
cmpwi r3,0x1f    # Giga-Bowser?
beq- FALL
cmpwi r3,0x20    # Sandbag?
bne- WARP
FALL:
lis r3,0x8006    # branch back to inject function, skip some lines, and enter Fall
ori r3,r3,0x9350
mtlr r3
blrl
WARP:
lbz r3,0xc(r30)    # default code line, load port number
Also, I don't know exactly what you are going for, but I imagine you would want that modified line to be
Code:
051D0200
As the 05 will show Bowser's CSP instead of Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Silent J

Smash Rookie
...Wow. Man, I wasn't even close to the actual issue, but that makes a lot of sense now that I think about it. (I'll edit the title of the thread to reflect this)
Thank you very much Achilles!

Also, I don't know exactly what you are going for, but I imagine you would want that modified line to be
Code:
051D0200
As the 05 will show Bowser's CSP instead of Ganondorf.
Thanks also for the extra. God is in the details, as they say :reverse:

CalvinHedgewolf13

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
Fox#821
NNID
Rozurabu
3DS FC
4141-7696-7074
On a similar note, is it currently possible to actually "add" slots to the CSS?
Alike to the old Toad spoof, I was wondering if it's possible to assign SandBag to his own little icon in the corner, even if it garbage-reads someone else's portraits or icon.

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Alike to the old Toad spoof, I was wondering if it's possible to assign SandBag to his own little icon in the corner, even if it garbage-reads someone else's portraits or icon.
Possible? Totally. Do we know enough yet to do it? Maybe/probably, I would say. I've been wanting to give it a shot for ages, but just have too many things I've been working on.

There are so many things that could be added; a random character select (so you don't know who you're going to play until you start the match), Crazy Hand/Master Hand, Giga Bowser, Wireframes. Of course we can only pick two of these unless we move things around to make more visual space.

CalvinHedgewolf13

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
Fox#821
NNID
Rozurabu
3DS FC
4141-7696-7074
-snip- Maybe/probably, I would say. I've been wanting to give it a shot for ages, but just have too many things I've been working on.
-snip-
Of course we can only pick two of these unless we move things around to make more visual space.
Well, it'd be great so see your efforts in some sort (PM, if publicity is ever an issue?), and more so, if you know the whereabouts of the addresses of such data is held, that would be useful too.

If I knew/had/could find the offsets (in the main.dol, presumably) then I would also look into it with what somewhat-recent hex-ing knowledge I've acquired.
Either way, if we can get anything loading from those two empty side panels, even if it's just a blank that shows a character (or the Locked symbol that could easily become said "Random"), I'm looking forward to anything of the matters, no matter how 'small' it may seem.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
like dragon said, i've been wanting a random spot forever. n maybe hopefully soon, we can add extra characters that you see in the adventure mode like toad and walking dead dude from zelda, etc, but making them all have moves. we already got the characters in the game, just got to give them animations and stuff

Top Bottom