• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Add 1 character to melee

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ayumi Tachibana or Mach Rider. Both were considered for the Retro slot in Melee before they decided to go with the Ice Climbers in the end. I wish we either got Ayumi or Mach Rider back then instead.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I'd add either Wolf because he's really cool in the mod, or King Dedede because he was supposed to be in Smash 64 I think.
While Wolf is wouldn’t be a top priority for me, it is nice to see him in the Akaneia mod since he is also in the Melee opening.
For Dedede, it would’ve been cool to see the scrapped 4 from SSB64 (Bowser, Dedede, Mewtwo, Marth) together before SSBFor DLC (Mewtwo was the biggest ommission in Brawl imo).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy Kong, with the same moveset , but make his recovery Barrel Jetpack a bit more similar to what Fox has. In general, make him more of a rush down based character. Change Banana Peel into a sort of super charged cartwheel attack too. And we have another character ripe for the Melee meta that's gonna last till eternity.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Someone should create a "Add 1 character to Brawl" thread... :idea: I'm on the case!

Here you go guys:

Last edited:

Tamagoth3

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
TAMA#536
A lot of polls from around the time ask for James Bond (due to Goldeneye's popularity I guess), so I'd be really curious to see what a character like that would bring to Melee. Would 20XX be replaced with 20007?

Beldo

Smash Rookie
A lot of polls from around the time ask for James Bond (due to Goldeneye's popularity I guess), so I'd be really curious to see what a character like that would bring to Melee. Would 20XX be replaced with 20007?
Imagine if they had to get the James Bond license back to put him in Ultimate.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Like a few other users, I would add Wario, though I wouldn't be opposed to having Diddy or Dedede instead. He would also he my choice for an additional Smash 64 character. I get that both rosters were limited in size, but I'm a little surprised that it took until Brawl for him to join the roster.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Personal bias aside, Wario (as suggested by others here) is probably the most logical choice for a character. Also, I'd like to give shoutouts to Diddy, Dedede and Ridley, all of whom make sense as picks! I suggest Wario as the most logical pick because was actually in a pretty good spot at that time.

Even so, my personal bias begs for Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight, given his popularity in the classic Ballot, and a weirder choice from me is Scizor, as a cool Gen II rep overall.

Amaterachu1

Smash Cadet
This is kind of a who do you want next in Akaneia thread to me now because now there are characters that have been modded in from Brawl which is basically characters I'd want transferred over.
I've always been on the Wario page as well. Wario has always been my top choice in this theoretical question. Wario gains some more recognition during the Gamecube era it seems, so having him in Melee kinda makes sense in that regard. I've always imagined him to be pretty similar to the Smash 64 Remix moveset.
Sonic is the next option of course though Sonic Adventure 2 was released during Melee development so I'm not sure how that'd play out.
Then after those two it's the rest of the Brawl cast in any order except Olimar.

Top Bottom