• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT2 Western Regional Championship 2009! :: July 24-25 :: Edmonton, AB, Canada!

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
x After Dawn x & Alphicans Present...

ADAT2
x After Dawn x & Alphicans Tournament 2
Western Regional Championship 2009!

Welcome everybody! Alphicans and I are back for our second year with ADAT2! Our tournament last year was a huge success, with over 50 attendees. This year will be bigger, better, and much more fun! We hope everybody will have a great time, and we intend to bring you our best efforts possible for this tournament. Read on further for more info!

Breakdown

• Spacious venue!
  • Two days of smashing!
  • Out-of-state players!
  • Melee + Brawl!
  • 6 events!
  • Friendlies with Canadian smashers!
  • Cash prizes!
  • Recorded matches, including commentary!
  • Pictures, videos, and much more!
NOTE: INFORMATION AND RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. CHECK BACK OFTEN TO ENSURE YOU ARE UP-TO-DATE WITH US.

UPDATE: RESULTS THREAD IS HERE:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242635

IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND THIS TOURNAMENT, PLEASE POST A CONFIRMATION IN THIS THREAD AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE LIST LATER.

Events

• Melee Singles
  • Melee Doubles
  • Melee Low Tier
  • Brawl Singles
  • Brawl Doubles
  • Brawl Low Tier
Character lists for Low Tier are found in the rules for each game.

Venue, Date & Time

• Glenora Community League
  • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • IMAGE ON GOOGLE MAPS (click)
  • Day 1 will be all Melee (with various friendlies): Friday, July 24th, 2009
  • Day 2 will be all Brawl (with various friendlies): Saturday, July 25th, 2009
  • TIME TABLE (click)
If anybody requires assistance finding the location, post in this thread and we will try to help you ASAP.

Admission Fees & Pot Division

• $5.00 entry fee, which grants access to the hall for both days
  • $10.00 registration for Singles events
  • $20.00 registration for Doubles events
  • $5.00 registration for Low Tier events
  • 60/30/10 pot division for all events
Note: You MUST bring $5.00 and $10.00 cash bills, as we will not be responsible for exchanging change.

Universal Tournament Rules & Guidelines

• Disrespectful and rowdy behavior will NOT be tolerated. This includes anything from overly aggressive or unsportsmanlike behavior to trashing the building or littering. We reserve the right to force forfeits in matches and we may even ask you to leave the building if you do not cooperate.

• All hacks and cheats must be disabled for Melee. Hacks and cheats are only allowed for Brawl if they do not affect actual gameplay, such as physics hacks do.

• If somebody has a disability such as color blindness, they may request to choose specific colors for their character / team to avoid problems.

• Pausing the game during a match is not allowed during tournament matches unless it is given the okay by your opponent(s).

• If there are disputes over controller ports, rock-paper-scissors will determine who chooses.

• Wireless controllers and macros / remote functions on controllers are not allowed. Modded controllers are not allowed.

• Drugs and alcohol are prohibited.
THESE RULES ARE IN EFFECT AT ALL TIMES. IF ANY OF THESE RULES OR GUIDELINES ARE BROKEN, THE PLAYER(S) MAY SUFFER PENALTIES SUCH AS FORFEITS, DISQUALIFICATIONS, OR EVEN PROHIBITION TO ATTEND THE TOURNAMENT.

Super Smash Bros. Melee Rules

• All matches are based on 4-stock, 8-minute-limit matches. Items are always off. Bracket is double elimination, with each set being best-of-3, except for finals of each division being best-of-5. Stages and characters are chosen through slob picks.

• If requested, players may choose their characters double blind in the first match of each set. Each player may also ban 1 stage of their choice in each set, however both of these rules are not mandatory.

• Excessive stalling is not allowed in any shape or form. Players may "call the stall." By request, players may call the tournament organizer to referee a match, and the tournament organizer reserves the right to force an individual to forfeit if they continue stalling excessively.

• Wobbling is not allowed. Glitches that stall such as the Freezing Glitch are not allowed.

• In Doubles, Team Attack is on and life-stealing is allowed.

• In Low Tier, if Zelda players accidentally turn into Sheik during a match, they must immediately turn back into Zelda without dealing any damage. Doing this periodically is not allowed as it will be considered stalling / unsportsmanlike.

• If the timer reaches zero, player(s) with the most stocks will win. If both players have the same number of stocks, the player(s) with the lowest percentage will win. If both players have tied for this criteria, then a Sudden Death match will be played out.

• The Mages DQ Rule (with time modifications): If a tournament match has been called and a player does not show for 4 minutes, this player will receive a warning. If the player does not show 7 minutes after the match has been called, they will be given a loss for the first match of their set. If the player does not show 10 minutes after the match has been called, they will be given a loss for the entire set.

• Dave's Stupid Rule (with slight modifications): Players may not counterpick with a stage they have already won on during that set, but if a player counterpicks by choosing "Random", then this rule is ignored. This rule is also ignored in Losers' Finals, Winners' Finals, and Grand Finals.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rules

• All matches are based on 3-stock, 8-minute-limit matches. Items are always off. Bracket is double elimination, with each set being best-of-3, except for finals of each division being best-of-5. Stages and characters are chosen through slob picks.

• If requested, players may choose their characters double blind in the first match of each set. Each player may also ban 1 stage of their choice in each set, however both of these rules are not mandatory.

• There is a 50-ledge-grab limit for all stages. If a player has more than 50 ledge grabs in the results screen of a match, they will be forced to forfeit that match. If both players have over 50 ledge grabs, then this rule is ignored.

• Stalling is not allowed in any shape or form. We are going to be very strict about this for Brawl. Players may "call the stall." By request, players may call the tournament organizer to referee a match, and the tournament organizer reserves the right to force an individual to forfeit if they continue stalling excessively.

• Wall infinites are not allowed; all other infinites, such as locks, are allowed until 300 %. Beyond that, it is considered stalling.

• In Low Tier, if Zelda players accidentally turn into Sheik during a match, they must immediately turn back into Zelda without dealing any damage. Doing this periodically is not allowed as it will be considered stalling / unsportsmanlike.

• In Doubles, Team Attack is on and life-stealing is allowed.

• If the timer reaches zero, player(s) with the most stocks will win. If both players have the same number of stocks, the player(s) with the lowest percentage will win. If both players have tied for this criteria, then a Sudden Death match will be played out.

• The Mages DQ Rule (with time modifications): If a tournament match has been called and a player does not show for 4 minutes, this player will receive a warning. If the player does not show 7 minutes after the match has been called, they will be given a loss for the first match of their set. If the player does not show 10 minutes after the match has been called, they will be given a loss for the entire set.

• Dave's Stupid Rule (with slight modifications): Players may not counterpick with a stage they have already won on during that set, but if a player counterpicks by choosing "Random", then this rule is ignored. This rule is also ignored in Losers' Finals, Winners' Finals, and Grand Finals.

Players Attending

1. x After Dawn x (Tournament Director)
  2. Alphicans (Tournament Director)
  3. KillL0ck
  4. Frio
  5. halcyon.days
  6. SuPeRbOoM
  7. IIIIRICK
  8. DMK.
  9. Victra
  10. Samusbrawler
  11. Levi5
  12. DevilWillCry
  13. t-block
  14. aish
  15. lemonlau36
  16. zeriph
  17. mach5
  18. Daltsy
  19. Koskinator
  20. Ganondorf_the_King
  21. Yoshara
  22. ~Firefly~
  23. Shen
  24. Pitch
  25. (Geed) ?
  26. (Another person from Fort Sask) ?
  27. Prized Pig
  28. MAIN Attraction
  29. Hong Kong Disco
  30. Wolfman Hansome
  31. K Lover
  32. Farguade
  33. L3M0NZ
  34. Smarms
  35. 5950
  36. PALO DA SUFFOCATOR
  37. Sion
  38. Isty
  39. Sketch
  40. Llumys
  41. Blitzmidfielder
  42. TheKoopaBros.
  43. Kuraudo
  44. chrusher97
  45. kithkin
  46. Tyson651
  47. Fras
  48. MikeMonkey
  49. FalseFalco
  50. Tronk
  51. Dynamism
  52. nitro-blazer
  53. Randall00
  54. Solaris1110
  55. Rileyzor
  56. Jamie Hensel
  57. Michael Hensel
  58. ThePrime
  59. Sraigux
  60. MurdaMoe
  61. Ermine
  62. Airwalkerr
  63. Zack
  64. Couppy
  65. PKMvodka
  66. Nikanor
  67. Vincens
  68. Brennen
  69. the roflz
  70. Mello
  71. Daniel
  72. FastFox
  73. JAPMAN

Miscellaneous

If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, post them here in the thread and we will do our best to try and please everybody. Remember to bring cash bills, and once again, if you are planning to attend this tournament or able to bring a setup, please confirm so in your post!

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I'm coming to this.

also Lylat is totally neutral ***
I don't know if you're being serious or if you're being sarcastic, but either way, Luke was the one who wanted Lylat to be counterpick. I personally see it as a neutral, but if enough people want it as a neutral, then let it be so.

Edit: Just to be clear so everybody knows, Lylat is neutral now.

Frio

Smash Champion
Lylat is neutral wtf? So I can't mod my wii to go past 3 min recordings?

EDIT: ledge grab rule ftw

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
Lylat cruise should be banned. I know that sounds stupid but its crazy how mant times people die from the stage tilting ever so slightly.

and how are you gonna do the 50 ledge grab rule. Is someone going to breath over your neck and count?

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Dude, the tilt barely even does anything. LOL. People need tuuu lueerrrnn to ruuucoovverr

furfuksakez

oh and lylat4neutral

Should be coming to this.

lolneutraldiscussion

suckitbrawl***s
supmatt

Frio

Smash Champion
Lylat cruise should be banned. I know that sounds stupid but its crazy how mant times people die from the stage tilting ever so slightly.

and how are you gonna do the 50 ledge grab rule. Is someone going to breath over your neck and count?
There's a little counter at the end of the brawl in the stats

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
Do we have to pay for every event seperately, or can I bring a $20 bill and pay once for entry fee/singles/low tier?

edit: luke only wants lylat to be a cp because his main gets ***** there

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm most likely moved by then, so you can count me in for this one.

I'm not sure if the rest of RD is planning of coming since Connor is moving to BC. Matt is up for it though, and i'm sure Scott is too.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I hope people from Japan come
Dam. straight son, AB getting 4-stocked by Masashi and Bombsoldier all dai.

Do we have to pay for every event seperately, or can I bring a $20 bill and pay once for entry fee/singles/low tier?

You can just bring your $20 bill, in turn, I'll give you two $10 bills and then you can use them on whatever you like.

Alphicans

Smash Hero

I main GaW equally, and he does really well there. The stage is neutral worthy, but so much gay **** happens there =\.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I main GaW equally, and he does really well there. The stage is neutral worthy, but so much gay **** happens there =\.
I agree with this. Lylat is ok, but it sucks in general imo :p

Oh ****, two tourneys I want to attend. Maybe I should only do one xD
We'll see how the first one goes I guess

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm pretty excited for this. I wish it was earlier, but i guess it's not too long from now.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Melee yea, brawl... i wish i could but i probably have to fly back to BC b/c im going to summer courses. Yea that also means no Genesis for me, gay.

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
I might come, I dunno

If you don't want to come for Brawl, then don't. But you should really come for Melee.

Oh, and bring a tampon for your nose this time. lol
Well I dunno, I don't really like smash anymore, just the peepz are cool. If I'm available I'll come, but don't expect me.

I don't want to have more than 2 posts. That's why I edited this one reply to you. ask me again on the alberta thread if you care that much :p

Top Bottom