• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT2 Western Regional Championship 2009! :: July 24-25 :: Edmonton, AB, Canada!

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
also if your going to do an setup/electronic list, add me for a recording setup, i would bring my wii/brawl (Wait, where i put that cd now?) But that'll be too expensive.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
On pools vs other stuff. I'm casting my vote for pools. I don't want to get gayed again like I did at ADAT1, where my opponent list was Bye > LemonLau > Vitality > Killock.

Nice introduction to the scene there.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
On pools vs other stuff. I'm casting my vote for pools. I don't want to get gayed again like I did at ADAT1, where my opponent list was Bye > LemonLau > Vitality > Killock.

Nice introduction to the scene there.
We have already confirmed pools, so yeah.

We gotta get that TV back from the school.
lol yeah, and make sure you don't remind Mitchell and all those guys that you sold it to them. :p

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Possibly Isty and Sketch, although Isty lives in Alberta right now. He just goes to school here. Sketch was at CAST4. I'll see if I can get Llumys and Blitz there.
Can you talk to all Sask smashers and notify them of this tournament? I'd like to see them come, and I haven't found the Sask social thread yet.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
Can you talk to all Sask smashers and notify them of this tournament? I'd like to see them come, and I haven't found the Sask social thread yet.
I just told a few more. They said they're probably down.

Edit: I can also probably bring a Wii/Brawl.

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I am interested this, and ordinarily I'd say its way too far out of the way to go. Especially since I'm pretty sure I'm a worse player than most that will attend....but its the summer and I have loads of time. If I could get transportation in somehow I could...maybe make it. I really don't know, though.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Byuusan is epic when it comes to recording.
Yea, if i go i just hope that i don't get ANOTHER lineup for recording like every tournament i go to. I go there to play but recording kinda restricts that a bit :p because if i let otehr people do it

1) I have no idea what they're doing on my laptop
2) They have no idea what they're doing
3) It my laptop
4) I have certain procedures to be able to tel lwho playing who

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Just decline? Really, the only things you need to record are winner's finals, loser's finals, and grand finals and MAYBE a few MM's (If they're between really good players).

Sanu

Smash Champion
So... because I have a mod chip in my wii, I can't bring a setup? **** this then.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
First of all, get a listing for setups etc.

And also make sure you stress copies of melee/brawl, because you need to know how many you got.

"Note: You MUST bring $5.00 and $10.00 bills, as we will not be responsible for exchanging change."

You are *****.

If I bring a $20 and I can't enter because of it, how about you eat **** and die =]

edit: Victor I'll team with you for commentary.

dobleedit: I need a teammate.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeayuhz Brad. Connor is pretty hilarious as well.

Brad, we need to set up a Calgary vs Red Deer crew battle.

OMG TOPH IS COMING? <3<3<3<3 MM!

Snake6523

Smash Ace
You mean me vs Red Deer, because Calgary never plays lol.

But sure, if we can get anyone from calgary going, not to mention wanting to, since calgary has like thw worst morale of any smash community ever.

Yea, if i go i just hope that i don't get ANOTHER lineup for recording like every tournament i go to. I go there to play but recording kinda restricts that a bit :p because if i let otehr people do it

1) I have no idea what they're doing on my laptop
2) They have no idea what they're doing
3) It my laptop
4) I have certain procedures to be able to tel lwho playing who

More like what are YOU doing with your laptop.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
So... because I have a mod chip in my wii, I can't bring a setup? **** this then.
Well you can, but I don't want any of the modded functions being put into the game. No hacks or anything.

First of all, get a listing for setups etc.

And also make sure you stress copies of melee/brawl, because you need to know how many you got.

"Note: You MUST bring $5.00 and $10.00 bills, as we will not be responsible for exchanging change."

You are *****.

If I bring a $20 and I can't enter because of it, how about you eat **** and die =]

edit: Victor I'll team with you for commentary.

dobleedit: I need a teammate.
I can make a little exception for that rule, but it shouldn't be too big of a deal since people will have $10 bills to exchange for $20 per team in Doubles. Or you could give the $20 to me and then I'll give you back $10 and record the other half for singles / whatever you're entering. Dunno.

If we can get a mic going, I'll let you and Victor do commentary (maybe).

Teammate erm, I dunno who you teamed with last year but Levi said he's going to try to come so you could probably team with him. I think Alex is coming too, so him too.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Tyler I think that modded wii thing is a little too vague. Like extended replay, and minor stuff like that shouldn't be a big problem. I think you should just say no brawl+ features and stuff like that.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Yeah I agree, modded Wii's should be fine, like extended replay(And even skins?) but anything that changes game mechanics should not be allowed(Unless for some friendlies, have never tried Brawl+ <.<).

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
k, I'll edit the rules soon. I'll allow modded Wiis, but I don't want anything that changes gameplay at ALL. I don't even want a "no tripping" code because then people will beg to play on that one Wii with that code. the only things I can think of that would be allowed would be extended replays and added character skins (as long as people are able to choose default game skins).

Victor, if somebody brings a modded Wii for that, you guys can play it during friendlies, I have no problem with that.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
friday and saturday is stupid btw.

But oh well, it's not like anybody has recurrant work scheduals anymore anyways

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's not really dumb at all. Most jobs now a days have sunday as a work day anyways. Plus it's the only option we have.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
We shall set up a list for all the people who need housing. Honestly neither Tyler nor I can house anyone, so anyone who can house please say so here.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
k so everybody, we're planning on upping the Singles entry to $15 per person or $20 per person, right now we're thinking of $15 per person but if we get enough support for $20 per person, we may put that.

Where can I get housing?
Speaking of this, I'm going to be putting up a list of people who need housing and then try to organize everything. Right now, we're not too sure but we know that some people will be willing to house (Carl? Matt? Victor?), so we'll see. The worst case scenario would be a hotel, but if you came with a few friends it wouldn't cost that much for a couple nights if you all pitched in, plus I think we can use some of our extra money from entry to pay it off, if there are enough people attending.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
k well it's $15. Also,

We really need setups, specifically TVs, so please tell me if you can bring some.

If you've posted in the thread already, I have you written down, but really, we need more setups.

Top Bottom