• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Actual ZSS footage

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Will we have to dthrow and delay the up air to punish air dodges since it seems that her follow ups are gone? Did they change her down smash? It looks like it does not knock the opponent up much and if so maybe she can chain down smashes like she could on some characters in brawl.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Whether she ends up better or worse than last game, she’ll still likely be good

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Zero Suit really got nothing in return for the nerfs she got. Meanwhile, Diddy just gets everything.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say nothing. In the zsscord they frame counted that her standing grab is no longer frame 16 but more like 14. The faf of standing grab has also been reduced from 69 to around 58. Uthrow appears to be a viable kill throw at high percents. Nair has 6 frames of landing lag now and may have more horizontal range. Flip jump is less floaty so she lands faster and the kick can come out a few frames quicker possibly. Shield in general is nerfed so that by itself is an indirect buff to her. If you compare her to smash 4 zss she looks worse but if you look at it from a new game perspective she looks to still be pretty good. There is still a bunch of other info that the zsscord has gone through that you can get from there.

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
People are going to think she's bad because they're focusing on the fact she lost her throw and dsmash has a reduced knockback. If dsmash works like it did in brawl, then she can still do some nifty things with it.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
People are going to think she's bad because they're focusing on the fact she lost her throw and dsmash has a reduced knockback. If dsmash works like it did in brawl, then she can still do some nifty things with it.
Basically. Yeah, she got some big nerfs, but nothing I’ve seen so far seems like enough to have her plummet to bottom or even low tier.

DiamondDust132

Smash Cadet
NNID
DiamondDust132
Hello all. ZSS main since Brawl. Anyway, I loved her to death in Smash 4. Looking at the buffs/nerfs, I think our girl will be okay. Up Air nerfs suck, but I think her moveset alone will always make her solid in Smash. A lot of characters got throw followups removed, so I'm not too worried about that. They went hard after her recovery, which sucks, but it's understable in light of how many options she has.

I wish there was better footage than FFAs or a zoomed out camera.
Yeah, I feel you. Some direct footage would be heavenly. You can see the Boost Kick and Flip Jumps nerfs in that last one at least. That's a fair amount of landing lag.

Last edited:
Top Bottom