• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Ness Mains

AMS

Smash Rookie
Are there still any active melee ness mains??

Last edited:

betaclay

I play bad games
I know Hungrybox still plays Ness sometimes

Last edited:

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
I'm not a real Ness main but I play Ness sometimes and I'm kinda active.

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
I play Ness all the time in SD Remix, but l mostly play Marth in vanilla Melee.

dan smith

Smash Champion
i still play like once a week. just friendlies. went to a tourney a little while back and played some games with m2k and others. he's a nice guy.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Its actually not complicated. Aside from needing to buy an adapter to connect your GC controller to your computer its pretty simple.

And lag varies depending on how far you are from your opponent and how much native lag you have(like the latency of your monitor....I have a lagless monitor so its nice)

gemigumi

Formerly gemininoiser
I'm a Ness main, but not really that active but will likely start playing more often.
I usually go to events in my city and play netplay, but I've been busy with school and stuff.

dan smith

Smash Champion
i mostly tell bad 'yo mamma' jokes while making farting noises with my mouth. i hope you have a headset.

(i'll look into netplay)

dan smith

Smash Champion
i think we've done ness dittos before, but honestly, i can't remember much. i remember your game and watch a lot more. you've certainly got the tech skill to main anybody.

Massive

Smash Champion
i think we've done ness dittos before, but honestly, i can't remember much. i remember your game and watch a lot more. you've certainly got the tech skill to main anybody.
Ness's soul lives in PM for me, at the moment. I can wear magicant pajamas, and that's apparently all I ever needed to play ness fulltime, lol.

I don't know if I'll ever be ballsy enough to main him in melee. If I texture mod the Mr. Saturn shirt in, I might change my mind though.

Kenkoku

Smash Rookie
I'm not really a legitimate smasher yet, but I'm trying. After playing casual Brawl for so long, it's hard for me get into the mindset of using wavedashing and L-canceling, especially because I never have time to practice. But yeah, I main Ness, and I get a lot of **** for it from my friends for not performing well. Anyway, I consider myself active , albeit not good.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Ness main since forever but i'm waning as far as attendance to things goes. School+work makes it extremely hard, and there aren't any other legit ness mains in new england at all to do netplay with reasonably.

Kenkoku

Smash Rookie
@Simna I would use netplay but I don't have the money to buy the adapter, or the time to play if I had one. All my play comes from playing with friends at school.

betaclay

I play bad games
AMS is the best Ness main in the midwest, easily one of the top 5 in the world

betaclay

I play bad games
I'm pretty sure someone in our local scene is putting together a video of him

It's pretty crazy actually, he frequently puts your Thunder Jacket to use in tournaments. He can do it pretty reliably off of Sheik's needles even.

Edit: I mean he can do the Yoyo glitch off needles lol, he just always follows it up the with Thunder Jacket

Last edited:

GPJ4RCE

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure someone in our local scene is putting together a video of him

It's pretty crazy actually, he frequently puts your Thunder Jacket to use in tournaments. He can do it pretty reliably off of Sheik's needles even.

Edit: I mean he can do the Yoyo glitch off needles lol, he just always follows it up the with Thunder Jacket
That's amazing I would very much like to see footage of that.
Im a ness main from georgia.
I used to be more active on the boards under the tag GP a couple years back.
Since Apex I've been inspired again to play some good ol melee.
Would take this time to give a shoutout to Simna Ibn Sind for teaching me how to play Ness. I hear mention for Mofo whenever ness comes up but naw, Mad respect Simna.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
^________^

I'm very interested in this AMS player though. I rarely see certain high level Ness things outside of play from either mofo or myself, but the two of us are kinda frauds when it comes to being active, so seeing a potential strong Ness player who is also active is very good news.

GPJ4RCE

Smash Rookie
Hey simna how active are these ness boards? Where should I post links to twitch if im streaming? Does anyone care about Ness anymore? Lol

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Im not entirely sure, myself, but if you want to let Ness players know then I suggest making a new topic about your stream and posting in it whenever its live. If that happens to be against the rules then a mod will likely tell you and then you will have the attention of someone who can better answer that question.

betaclay

I play bad games
^________^

I'm very interested in this AMS player though. I rarely see certain high level Ness things outside of play from either mofo or myself, but the two of us are kinda frauds when it comes to being active, so seeing a potential strong Ness player who is also active is very good news.
Totally, I'll do my best to try and get some footage of him to show you guys.

According to him, the worst matchup for Ness is Marth, not Sheik. What do you think about that?

GPJ4RCE

Smash Rookie
Thanks Simna. I'll be sure to do that in a second. I wasn't able to post it last night because I needed my first ten posts. Yay to me for THIS being my tenth post! Will post the broadcast footage of last night's matches soon here!

betaclay

I play bad games
I can't say I agree. I would take Marth over Sheik or Peach myself.
I think Marth is a big problem for him because he prefers FD over any other stage. In fact he plays mindgames with his opponents by banning FD game 1 just so they'll pick it later.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Hey simna how active are these ness boards? Where should I post links to twitch if im streaming? Does anyone care about Ness anymore? Lol
If you end up doing what simna said i would subscribe to the thread and watch it whenever i catch it being live.

@above: At least marth isn't stupid difficult to edgeguard...

Last edited:

GPJ4RCE

Smash Rookie
@ Ganreizu Ganreizu
That's awesome. You might as well subscribe to that twitch channel too but I will make sure to make a post in advance in my thread when I'm playing Ness over there.

betaclay

I play bad games
Okay nevermind I talked to him and he said Sheik is far and away the hardest matchup, he just personally has problems with Marth.

He also said he thinks that Peach is one of Ness's better matchups

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I'd say I'm active, and also a Ness main. He's the only character I put any time into.

Top Bottom