• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay Discussion / Q&A

X1-12

Smash Champion
The diff versions of AR
Do they have to correspond to the game's version?
I would assume no...but I might be in the market for one soon

Also, I read further up about the newer versions not allowing custom codes
Will that issue be blatantly obvious in the place I decided to purchase my AR from?
Or what should I look for to be able to tell?

Restricting being able to enter new codes? i just got an AR and i can't load codes into it, I'm raging, that means no debug menu i mean whats the point, also i was expecting like a lil AR memory card with the disk, is it this i need to load in my own codes? and to answer your question knihT now it wasnt at all obvious that it didnt allow custom codes,

EDIT: Not onlt is it not blatantly obvious but also doesnt mention it anywhere in the manual (however it is possible that i'm just doing it wrong)

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
Can anyone help me!?! How do i put in a code that isnt in the form of 4-4-5 characters?
(xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx)
It is most confuzing and frustrating to my thinking muscle!
:confused::mad:

Example: (not a real code (i think))
05487936 1675xxxx
i put random numbers as placeholders... how do i input it?

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Those are encrypted codes. You need to find the GC AR code en-/un-crypter to get them into the correct format.
The encrypted codes are used when the same code can be used to change many things, by changing the last numbers/letters of the encrypted version. There usually should be a list added somewher near the core to clarify what the X's should be changed to, before uncrypting, to make the code work as wanted.

Or that's what I remember, it's been years since I did that stuff am I'm not sure on how correct I am. (I doubt I'm right, so if someone knows what they're talking about, please correct the errors in this post.)
It's also possible that I have completely misunderstood your problem/question.

Edit: So I wasn't very far off. This should tell most things necessary. (Also GCNcrypt is available from there)

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Edit: DAMMIT, I didn't notice that the word "This" in the previous post had a link. And I had a whole long winded explanation and everything!

You know what? Screw it! I'm posting it anyways!

Seeing as how I have time to kill, I'm gonna do a little walkthrough.

Action Replay Code Encrypting For Dummies!

1) Download this:

http://www.codemasters-project.net/portal-english/apportal/download.php?view.28

That's the program you encrypt with. It's very simple to use and has no options for you to screw up, so if something doesn't work, it's usually as simple as you typed in something wrong.

2) Find the variable list:

http://arcentral.net/ssbm/ssbmV12/v12move.html

Most of the codes near the top of the page are in an unencrypted form with four Xs at the end. By clicking on the title of the code you can access a list of the variables that those Xs represent.

http://arcentral.net/ssbm/desc/genericmod.html

Next to each value is a brief description of what it does.

3) Pick a code and variable and combine:

Let's say I want it so that a character will die off the top if he performs a dash attack. First I pick the code that corresponds to the trigger action...

Generic Dash Attack Animation (heinermann)
0408B4D8 3880XXXX

Then I pick the value I want to replace the X's with.

0003 - DeadUp

Combine them!

0408B4D8 3880XXXX + 0003 = 0408B4D8 38800003

4) Find the 3 digit Game ID number:

Simplest way to do this is to first find a code for the same game version that you're working with and use it to get the Game ID. To do this you first open the program GCNcrypt, then copy an already encrypted code into the input window, then click the Decrypt button. The Game ID box should fill in automatically. If it doesn't, try clicking the check box next to it and then repeat the process (Normally that box is checked upon openning the program).

So if I take the code...

Mewtwo's down+b forces the opponent to taunt: (wParam)
00Y9-RH10-U1GJR
JM44-78PT-WEVTG

... for version 1.2 and I decrypt it, the program will give me a game ID of 0E2. Note that this Game ID is only for version 1.2, also that the codes I'm working with above are also only for version 1.2.

5) Encrypt the completed code:

So I take the code...

0408B4D8 38800003
(die off the top when you dash attack, version 1.2)

Paste it into the input window, enter 0E2 in the Game ID box (DIFFERENT ID FOR VERSIONS OTHER THAN 1.2), then click the Encrypt button. What comes out is...

M4V2-1J51-TNNVP
JTUN-YU4J-YW46Z

And there you have it, a long winded but thorough explanation of Action Replay code encrypting.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
AR question:
Is there a known AR code that lets you use the cstick in single player/training mode? I've done some googling and haven't been able to find anything.

If this isn't known, do you think it's feasible to find a code to turn on cstick attacks for single player?
^^^^THIS!!!!

I NEED BTT/HRC WITH CSTICK AND RESET OPTION
plz and ty

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
Those are encrypted codes. You need to find the GC AR code en-/un-crypter to get them into the correct format.
The encrypted codes are used when the same code can be used to change many things, by changing the last numbers/letters of the encrypted version. There usually should be a list added somewher near the core to clarify what the X's should be changed to, before uncrypting, to make the code work as wanted.

Or that's what I remember, it's been years since I did that stuff am I'm not sure on how correct I am. (I doubt I'm right, so if someone knows what they're talking about, please correct the errors in this post.)
It's also possible that I have completely misunderstood your problem/question.

Edit: So I wasn't very far off. This should tell most things necessary. (Also GCNcrypt is available from there)
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
BTW do i have to put the random code? Im guessing yes but am not sure lol

Hara

Smash Apprentice
To tell you the truth I'm not sure what I'm expecting here but popped in to see if anyone know if the 1.2 NTSC code below ever was converted or such to PAL?

AR-Central said:
Luigi's Forward B Fully Charged/Flaming (JAY007)
ZUDR-VVZ4-VE0GE
FG14-3EKK-G0C7H
PV5G-P4RV-QKEF0
If not I might try working my way through the offsets, if that works.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i've never used AR before

are there codes to make stadium stay on one stage transformation?
what about peach's castle? thanks.

X1-12

Smash Champion
i've never used AR before

are there codes to make stadium stay on one stage transformation?
what about peach's castle? thanks.
Apparently the easiest way is to run event match 39 'Jigglypuff Live!' but use codes to change the characters. On this event match the stage never changes, BUT you can't use the C-stick

Lovage

Smash Hero
Apparently the easiest way is to run event match 39 'Jigglypuff Live!' but use codes to change the characters. On this event match the stage never changes, BUT you can't use the C-stick
so you can't force stadium to switch to water or grass transformation and stay there?

X1-12

Smash Champion
I don't think so, as far as I remember that required cracking the stage mechanics codes or something, which no-one has done yet.. I'm not really too sure about it though :/

Dr.MarioX

Smash Apprentice
I should be possible with the AR itself. I'm sure there's a code for that somewhere.
And I've been wondering- Does anyone know how to use the Global Data Edit on the Debug Menu? I've always thought that there's something fishy about it.

GenG

Smash Lord
I wonder if there's a code to enable C-sticking in single player modes (Adventure, Classic, All-Star, Events, etc.) replacing the camera. I've been looking for it for a while but didn't found anything.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
here's codes for 1.2

Player 1 Infinite Shield
W9U4-R6HR-TZXG5
8RJU-YREN-U68ZT

Player 2 Infinite Shield
VZWP-BMK2-J1BJQ
92VE-497U-YJWNN

Player 3 Infinite Shield
FHX2-WG3Q-MAU4K
DK1W-UY2W-2H527

Player 4 Infinite Shield
0NFR-GMQ7-FWH5C
1827-95CA-7JN1B
Pleease does anyone have these codes for v1.0 or can convert them? They would be awesome to practice shield pressure.

Bones0

Smash Legend
*revives thread*

I wonder if there's a code to enable C-sticking in single player modes (Adventure, Classic, All-Star, Events, etc.) replacing the camera. I've been looking for it for a while but didn't found anything.
T1PY-QR55-E4EWG
GCH0-5WBT-26FY8

By Zauron, for v1.0. I use it; works like a charm.

His site
His thread

Pleease does anyone have these codes for v1.0 or can convert them? They would be awesome to practice shield pressure.
Not sure if these will work with how I converted them, but it's worth a shot. If not, I have just used handicaps to practice shield pressure. Put yourself on 1 and the opponent on 9, and they should have almost no knockback until they get a good amount of percentage. Depends on which character and moves.

Player 1 Infinite Shield
RHYU-FAYY-PAXJ6
NKY3-5FJG-21XK9
8RJU-YREN-U68ZT

Player 2 Infinite Shield
T77W-72YQ-8MZ18
NWBG-TMY5-7F05Y
92VE-497U-YJWNN

Player 3 Infinite Shield
VA02-TBWR-ECWWG
ZBWH-6F9D-5X0F5
DK1W-UY2W-2H527

Player 4 Infinite Shield
BTW7-AWGN-BNZE2
T5YQ-GNP1-H2CT7
1827-95CA-7JN1B

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Bones, actually I found those codes on arcentral.net, can't believe I missed them before:

v1.0
Infinite Shields P1 (JAY007)
K1AP-WYK9-BAUKQ
2XX3-W7E1-CKMH9

Infinite Shields P2 (JAY007)
X9AN-4BYA-KQNYK
WZCJ-WFTF-E3K22

Infinite Shields P3 (JAY007)
TEKB-V2Y7-RK7JA
3WQD-JZQ1-UXB11

Infinite Shields P4 (JAY007)
KTEJ-8UWV-779JJ
YHZ7-U7W9-E82U4

But thanks and sorry if it took you a long time to convert them.

Top Bottom