• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action League's Action-Support Action-Thread

Which Action-Leaguer should take the call to action?

• Total voters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Dateline: SmashBoards, where those interested in other platform fighters are forming platforms of their own to get random characters into them. Noticing they focus more on MultiVersus, a certain guy named Nelson decides to take the call to action and call the Action League.

What is Action League Now?
Action League Now was one of the four main sketches on the animated variety show KaBlam!, the others being Sniz & Fondue, Life With Loopy, and Prometheus & Bob. It is arguably the most notable of the four, due to it being the only one to have a new short in each KaBlam! episode, having a short (guest-starring KISS, for that matter) play before the movie Good Burger, and having its own compilation series after KaBlam! ended so its popularity at the time could be cashed in on without having to relicense everything that a KaBlam! episode would need. The show stars a league of superheroes who are living action figures and very, very idiotic. They and various other characters on the show would be subject to various forms of action figure torture, from getting eaten by a dog to being run over to being blended, all in the name of vaguely trying to save the day.

Because Mark Marek (the artist behind Henry & June) released all of KaBlam! for free, this extends to Action League Now too, and compilations of the shorts can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsi7-0lr0xTTJ16j11ov5ur8CGJdY3glt

Okay but who are the members?
The Flesh: He's super strong, and super naked. Probably the leader of the team due to the shorts' intro first listing him and the Not Just Cartoons bumper signaling out his lack of underwear, The Flesh is also dumb. Really dumb. Dumb enough to not be able to pass the first grade equivalency test. Because of this, his super-strength is usually shown off by accident thanks to him accidentally smacking someone away with a (usually human-sized) tool he's carrying. Ideally his moveset should showcase a lot of this, and maybe help from his fellow Action Leaguers since he's presumably the leader of the four.

Thunder Girl: She flies...like thunder. The smartest of the four, but that's not a high bar anyway. While she still has her moments of stupidity on account of being an ALN character, she's the most "normal" of the four and despite her name, the closest she has to electrical powers is that her flight is "like thunder", whatever that means, severely limiting her moveset potential.

Stinky Diver: A former Navy commando with an attitude as bad as his odor. He's also extremely British...or Australian...or something, and frequently carries around a spear gun to fire spears and missiles. This could obviously be utilized in his moveset, as well as him placing toilets for him to warp to, similar to Orcane from RoA (and Vaporeon from Super Smash Land)'s puddles. Except more gross. Because he's Stinky. Stinky Diver.

And Meltman: With the power to...MELLLLLT! Which he rarely is show using, and instead the League mostly has him get junk food for them. Ideally, a Meltman moveset should be a combination of the melting that Ludosity wanted Alex Mack to do, as well as incorporating references to the chores he's seen actually doing instead of melting, like rolling a giant (by action figure standards) soda can at the opponent. And maybe something to do with Mega Meltman while you're at it.

Will Ludosity think any of these are a good idea? Will you? Will they be able to convince Nick to allow it? Find out on the action-naired conclusion of...Action League Now!

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'll go ahead and support them, even if would also like Henry & June. They got their own spin-off, anyways, and I even remember getting my own toys of them, albeit from Burger King.

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
Huge support, I didn't watch KaBlam but the reruns of their own show were some of the funniest stuff on Nicktoons. (I love "Thunder Girl, she flies like thunder." showing her get stuck in a birdhouse so much.)

My main concern is licensing issues with whatever toys they were based from.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
My main concern is licensing issues with whatever toys they were based from.
Eh, I don't think it's that much of an issue when they were able to make BK toys of the Action League, and AFAIK the credits of the show don't credit Playskool/Hasbro/etc. for making the figures they edited.

Top Bottom