• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13

Canberra Super Smash Bros - The Facebook group & central hub of the ACT Smash Community!

The best way to stay in the loop with the Canberra smash community is to join this Facebook group or our Discord servers! YOU NO LONGER NEED A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT TO VIEW THE GROUP! Updates on our weekly meets at the ANU, monthly tournaments, out of state tournaments, global smash news and plenty more are all posted here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanberraSmashPlayers

JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVERS
Smash Ultimate: https://discord.gg/CPSPHya
Melee: https://discord.gg/ghKMqtB

UPCOMING TOURNAMENTS:

1564549517243.png

DANCING BLADE - August 18th - Monthly Smash Tournament​

Ultimate Pop-Off Village - Wednesday Nights

Pop-Off Village (Melee/DBFZ/Tekken) - Thursday Nights​

Last edited:

Bjay

Smash Lord
Good start, a thread should definitely help with things too. :)

Hopefully I'll be able to attend one of your tourneys some day!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok so to get the ball rolling, Js is happy for us to use his place for a smash meet Saturday night, 1/11
who's up for that?

Throwback

Smash Lord
I'll bring my wii then, my tv's too big to fit in the car (which is both good and bad, I guess :p).

Respect to Luke for working so hard on the ACT smash community!

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Hey everyone...

I will be in Canberra for about 2 weeks these Christmas holidays and am eager to how the Canberra scene is going....

I'll let you guys know exact dates later...

also

Is anyone from the ACT going to 'Don't Come'??

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'll probably be going to "dont come" but I havnt organized it yet, but I'm up for playing some smash whenever.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok so anyways, smash meet at my house, js is busy but we can use his place in the future.

1st November 3pm till 6pm, it would be later but I have to go out to dinner for a friends birthday.

there will be drinks provided.

Bogoron

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bogoron
3DS FC
2406-5420-2675
ok so anyways, smash meet at my house, js is busy but we can use his place in the future.

1st November 3pm till 6pm, it would be later but I have to go out to dinner for a friends birthday.

there will be drinks provided.
Can anyone go to the meet?

If so, I'll need to know where your house is.

Put my mains down as Wario, Donkey Kong, and Link.

E-Mail: bogo.ssbb@gmail.com

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol, what kind of idiot forgets to post the adress, sorry guys.

4 Spofforth st holt, ACT 2615.

its right across the road from a golf course.
If your having trouble finding it you can go to belconnen mall and then follow southern cross drive down past kippax and then spofforth will be a turn on the left. if you go that way, my house is all the way up the other end of the street.
or you could call me on 042484 6576

Bogoron

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bogoron
3DS FC
2406-5420-2675
Alright, but now I have more questions...

1. How many Wiis/TVs do you have available?

2. Do you want people to help by bringing Wiis/TVs?

3. How many people are going?

4. Are you planning on recording any matches?

5. This one is a bit awkward... How old is everyone?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ahh well its more like just a casual meet, there will be 2 wiis/tv's

2 if you want that would be good but I dont think we'll need it.

3 probgably about 6 or 7, not much of a turnout but its a start.

4 no, I dont have recording equipment

5. I'm 19, every one else will be around that age and there are 2 people coming that are 24

Bogoron

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bogoron
3DS FC
2406-5420-2675
I'm having a bit of trouble.
Don't know if I'll be able to make it after all...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
this thread is so dead.
c'mon Canberra you can do better than this, lets show those other state why we're the capital.
anyways, I'm thinking of hosting a tourney sometime late January, if your interested leave some feedback,
and there will be frequent smash meet's on Saturdays starting soon so a heads up for that too.

Bogoron

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bogoron
3DS FC
2406-5420-2675
Something, something hosting a tourney sometime late January. Something, something...
I'm interested! *Tries to think of a name*
and there will be frequent smash meet's on Saturdays starting soon so a heads up for that too.
Well... The thing is... My parents think it's just a bit dodgy for me to be going to some random person's house to play Brawl...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Bogoron; how old are you?

If you're really young (I'm thinking 15 or younger?) parent's thinking "dodgy" is of course a problem, but you gave the reason why themselves "random person".

I'm sure Luke, as an adult, is fine with talking to your parents personally and I'm sure if your parents are fully aware of address, phone number and have personally talked to Luke there would be little to NO issues.

Throwback

Smash Lord
Hey Luke I'm currently setting up a semi-regular game with one of my mates, have to see if that goes anywhere. Also at least 2 of Jambo's mates are getting into the game, I'm sure they would up for a tourney. These guys are a bit younger than Jambo and I, which might not matter but it's less odd for any teenagers.

@Bogoron: like Shaya said, any of us will be happy to talk to your folks. We're a pretty nice bunch :p

Bogoron

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bogoron
3DS FC
2406-5420-2675
Bogoron; how old are you?
If you're really young (I'm thinking 15 or younger?) parent's thinking "dodgy" is of course a problem, but you gave the reason why themselves "random person".
I'm sure Luke, as an adult, is fine with talking to your parents personally and I'm sure if your parents are fully aware of address, phone number and have personally talked to Luke there would be little to NO issues.
Ack! Of course!
I'll get to work on that!

(As for guessing my age you were close enough.)
@Bogoron: like Shaya said, any of us will be happy to talk to your folks. We're a pretty nice bunch :p
I'm more worried about what you guys think of me and my folks...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ack! Of course!
I'll get to work on that!

(As for guessing my age you were close enough.)

I'm more worried about what you guys think of me and my folks...
Well, I'll talk on Luke's behalf if he's scared of folks.

I'm sure their main concern is your safety and also who you're dealing with. It's been very easy in the past for me to just say

"Hello my name is yada, I'm 18 (now 19) studying at UNSW and would love to be able to clear up any doubts or issues you have with your son attending an event run by myself".

"Are there drugs?"
No.

"Is there sex?"
No.

"Is there alcohol?"
No.

"What time does it finish"
yada

"Are you homosexual?"
No.

"Do you do drugs?"
No.

"Does anyone else do drugs?"
Not that I'm aware of, and definitely not on the day.

Yada yada.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol at drugs, and me being scared of folks.

like throwback said, we're all pretty laid back, its not like super formal or anything.
I'm quite happy to talk to parents, in person if need be.
I also have a security license and am first aid certified if that helps put their mind at rest.

Throwback

Smash Lord
Bogoron, I don't know how to say this without being a d!ck, but here goes anyway:

1. I think the majority of people can relate to being somewhat reluctant for other people to meet their parents as a teenager. As you grow up you realise that most people are much less judgemental than you'd think.

2. We're all gamers - I can't think of any group that is more inclusive, except perhaps musos - and I have muso friends. We don't care if you are black/white, fat/skinny, short/tall, uncool/ cool, male/female or whatever. We just like to play & have fun. So really you don't have to worry about what we are going to think of you/your parents, nobody is going to ostracise you (unless you play MK....j/k...or am I?).

Bogoron

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bogoron
3DS FC
2406-5420-2675
Bogoron, I don't know how to say this without being a d!ck, but here goes anyway:

1. I think the majority of people can relate to being somewhat reluctant for other people to meet their parents as a teenager. As you grow up you realise that most people are much less judgemental than you'd think.
I'm not really that reluctant for people to meet my parents...
2. We're all gamers - I can't think of any group that is more inclusive, except perhaps musos - and I have muso friends. We don't care if you are black/white, fat/skinny, short/tall, uncool/ cool, male/female or whatever. We just like to play & have fun. So really you don't have to worry about what we are going to think of you/your parents, nobody is going to ostracise you (unless you play MK....j/k...or am I?).
The age gap is the only thing that bothers me in the slightest.

And yeah I main Wario.

Bjay

Smash Lord
>_>

It's not really that much of an age gap, not to mention it doesn't really make much of a difference.

Actually, I'm not gonna really bother to get into it.

But still...seriously >_>

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
bjay's right it doesn't make that much of a difference.

I act like I'm 5 most of the time anyway.

Top Bottom