• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
ACT Smash for Wii U Power Ranking - v1.0, November 2015

Huge shoutouts to @EIS_Duon for the image.

Text Version:
1. Waveguider :4wiifit::4greninja:
2. Skry :4wario::4lucina:
3. MapleMage :4falcon:
4. Wiiman :4ness:
5. Pazx :4diddy::4ness::4pit:
6. David :4fox:
7. SJ Groose :4fox:
8. Bogoron :4mario::4samus:

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
no he isn't

ACT Smash for Wii U Power Ranking - v2.5, July 2016

Text Version:
  1. Waveguider :4wiifit::4greninja: (±0) - All hail our lord Wavegod, Australia's first sponsored Smash 4 player! Recognised around the world for his trademark Wii Fit Trainer and combo-oriented Greninja, Waveguider displays pure domination over ACT and impressive results at majors including being the second placed Australian at BAM 8. The top spot going to Waveguider should come as a surprise to nobody as he remains a contender for the title of best player in the country.
  2. Maplemage :4falcon::4mario: (+1) - Maplemage always places highly in the ACT with a host of different characters, including first place finishes at Capital Smash 12, Andrometa and RotA 7. He boasts recent wins over everyone below him on this PR as well as the at-the-time #2 player in Sydney Jeese. As such, Maple has moved up to the #2 spot.
  3. Atyeo :4fox: (-1) - Despite being on the receiving end of a few upsets Atyeo is still a top player in his own right, with notable wins against Maplemage, Sriks and interstate talent. Only time will tell if he is able to hold onto his #3 spot following his recent character switch.
  4. Pazx :4diddy: (±0) - A player who screams consistency, as despite a poor record against the top 2 ACT players Pazx simply does not lose to any of the players ranked below him. He has finished in the top 3 in five of his past six tournament outings including first place at RotA 5, with the one exception being a respectable 4th place at Capital Smash 13.
  5. PhoenixRave :4megaman::4duckhunt:(±0) - A player known for counterpicking characters such as Duck Hunt Duo and Peach in tournament, Phoenixrave comes in at a solid 5th place. Aside from trading sets (1-1) with Skylar his only losses in this period have been to Maplemage and Pazx while at the same time boasting wins over Atyeo, Sriks, Skylar and Saucydancer.
  6. Sriks :4shulk:(NEW!) - Despite a shaky start immediately after his return from Singapore, Sriks has still managed to accumulate an impressive number of wins including Scarpian, Kristoph, Atyeo, Maplemage and Groose, as well as destroying several players on the Wollongong PR. Strong out of region results including a phenomenal second place finish at Final Fight 3 means that this player is a force to be reckoned with.
  7. SJ Groose :4fox::4dk: (OLD) - Groose is a player of very high peaks both in and out of Canberra, with impressive wins against players including ****ashi, Atyeo, Skylar, Sriks and Enny. Despite this, he is a player of much inconsistency, oftentimes drowning in pools when he has a poor performance.
  8. Wiiman :4zelda: (OLD) - After a short hiatus from the game and a brief transitional period as he got used to Zelda, Wiiman's results have been steadily climbing with this bottom tier character. He has notable wins over various strong players both at home and out of state, including taking sets from Luco, Dr. Ainuss, Quen, Skylar, Groose and Bogo.
  9. Bogo :4samus: (OLD) - The 9th and final player on the ACT PR v2.5, Bogoron is a fearsome competitor. One of Canberra's few remaining Brawl veterans, Bogo has recently adopted a new approach to the game as well as retiring his top tier Mario to return to characters he finds much more enjoyable to play including Game and Watch and most prominently Samus. He has wins over Wiiman and positive records against many of the unranked Canberra players.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
this is mine now so prepare for double, triple and even quadruple posts. ty based @Shaya, really appreciate it, perhaps i'll even maintain this thread better than the last thread you gave me

Rise of the ACT 17 - Wednesday 19th October
WHERE: The Australian National University, room MORAN G007
WHEN: Doors at 6pm, friendlies and registration until 6:45, tournament starts at 7pm
COST: $5 entry, no venue fee
WHAT: Smash 4 Singles, possibly doubles/low tiers later

Rise of the ACT 18 - Wednesday 26th October
WHERE: The Australian National University, room MORAN G007
WHEN: Doors at 6pm, friendlies and registration until 6:45, tournament starts at 7pm
COST: $5 entry, no venue fee
WHAT: Smash 4 Singles, possibly doubles/low tiers later

Capital Smash 20 - Sunday 30th October
WHERE: The Australian National University, room JD102
WHEN: Registration from 10am-11am, singles at 11am. Full schedule available on Facebook.
COST: $5 entry per event, no venue fee
WHAT: Singles and Doubles for both Smash 4 and Melee

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Wowsers nobody uses this thread at all hey, new PR, also reminder to come join the fb group or discord server.

At the time of writing this post we currently have Smash 4 tournaments on Wednesdays, Melee tournaments on Thursdays and Cap Smash is still going strong every few Saturdays.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
hey pals, please enjoy these old school post-tournament cap smash shout-outs arranged alphabetically

breakvg - sorry we didn't end up playing friendlies. next time!
dan - your peach is amazing but I cannot say the same about your taste in character costumes
dom - did you get a haircut?
fleetcmdr - thank you for the mac practice, I need it. seriously.
flyingcat - I never expected you'd counterpick battlefield
gvol - thanks for the friendlies; now that I can practice at home I'm comin for ya
hans - haha get ganon stomped idiot
hugh jass - #1 on tag PR
joey - good seeing you as usual and thanks for the great set! *crappy fist bump*
maple - happy birthday friendo!
pazx - you are a good TO and a good person. also, do you have any upcunt
phoenixrave - thanks for the fun set! I had no idea what to do against proto man
revan - nice meeting you! s t a y b l u n t e d
ricky - sorry we didn't know the location of the nearest coke dispensery; I acknowledge this was a serious oversight and will be registering a complaint to the tournament oranisers posthaste
sriks - hungryluigi.jpg
tila - congrats on your performance with pac-man, and thanks for coming through with the TO sombreros yeet
TJ - I really enjoyed our set; also F
trojans - nice to meet you! looking forward to autismo campaign this week
wave - congrats on placing 1st in the tournament and 2nd on idiot PR

Top Bottom