• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACT presents- OP Orange Juice (its liek so op!) Results on page 13

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
OP ORANGE JUICE! ITS LIEK SO OP, YOUR TASTEBUDS WILL BE LIEK 'THATS ****ING HAX!!!!'

ok, its time for another one of my infamous tourneys, if your reading this and considering whether or not to go, maybe you should consider that no-ones ever had a bad thing to say about my tourneys and I've heard from alot of different people that my tourneys are the best ever and run very smoothly, think I'm being cocky or talking ****? well that praise didnt come from my mouth.

so why not come? out of staters please note that I'm always going out of state for tourneys, so its your turn to come to me ;) I will house anyone that needs it.

When?
Sunday the 24th of January, 11am till 8 pm

Where:
National Hockey Centre, 196 Mouat St Lyneham
the room is called the carter brown room

What do I need to bring:
Tv's and Wii's are always appreciated and help things run smoother, aside from that, you need to bring a controller and $15

Important addition!
if you have equipment it would be nice if you could be there 15 mins early
also we will start at 11:30 so that gives you 30mins to register and then warm up with
some friendlys, if you think your gonna be really late ring me and we'll sort something else.

monetary Prize's:
you bet! unlike other TO's who suggest they have the best prize pots in the country, I actually do (at least for player to prize size ratio)

Other info:
Dickson shops is nearby and there will be a lunch break sometime during the day.
there are also some vending machines and a cafe downstairs from the room we're in.

Whats on?

First up there will be Brawl Doubles,
followed by Brawl singles
and if there is time at the end there will be a single large crew battle, what up!

also if there is time at the end of the day there will be melee friendlys, but anyone
wanting to change a TV to melee must first gain approval from me or I'll luigi Fsmash you (I'll probably break my own fingers, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it)

Rules:

ok so how does it work? I'm using modified SBR rules, so here goes...

First up we'll be doing pools, basically players are split into a number of different pools which are seeded, and you play 2 matchs against everyone in your pool.
The top 2 or 3 (depending on attendance and whatnot) go through to a double elimination bracket, procedure for that is simple, you lose a set are you are knocked into the losers side of the bracket, you lose again and you are knocked out of the tournament, rules are as below.

ACT SPECIAL RULES:
rule 1. no infinites, pretty simple.
rule 2. if your name is tedeth then your not allowed to lose a single round of anything.
rule 3. Any and all matches played against Meteor Master must be played on spear pillar no exceptions!
rule 4. Any doubles matches played against Tcranter and Meteor Master (if they are present and teaming together) must be played on pictochat as the starter NO EXCEPTIONS (I mean it)!
rule 5. if you play mario or a mario character you are a mario pro and recieve max respect.
rule6. no infinites, no wall infinites, no grab infinites, no infinite infinites just dont do it

General rules:

• 3 Stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • All sets in the double elim bracket with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors (best of 1)
  • Daves supid rule 'No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.'
  • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with any of the following moves (bowsers suicide claw, Ganons Suicide flame choke, Kirby/d3's suicide inhale) then the victory is given to the person who intiated said move. (note with suicide inhale, ins entirely possible for the player to break out of it mere miliseconds before death, in which case they are shown as being the winner on the results screen and the victory is given to them instead of kirby/d3)
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stage striking: you each take turns in 'striking' and stage from the starter list until 1 remains, you then play on that level. The player that strikes first also gets his or her choice of controller port, if there is a disupte in who will go first, paper-scissors-rock will be played (best of 1) and the winner gets to chose who goes first. note that in pools, the starter list will be different, and you strike until you have 2 stages left, and then you play each of those stages once.
  • Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based or eyesight disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.
  • Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, (only relevant in Double elim brackets) that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
  • Stalling is banned.

lukes description of stalling:

any action that that causes a player to be unreachable, such as jigglypuffs rising pound off the top of the screen.
    being wario and constantly running away from and avoiding your opponent is extremely gay/frustrating, but is not stalling since you are still techniaclly reachable and hittable. (this is known as air camping, not stalling)

SBR's description of stalling:

The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
    So now you known doubly what it is, no excuses.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may then choose a stage to ban, the loser of the previous match then announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. the match begins
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Additional Rules for Double's Play
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON
  • Hanenbow may be moved from Ban to Counterpick for Doubles.

Stage lists:

pools Neutrals:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1
lylat cruise

DE Neutrals:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counterpick:
Lylat Cruise
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium 2
Pictochat
Pirate Ship

Banned:

Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Distant Planet
Green Greens
Onett
Mario Circuit
Green Hill Zone
Shadow Moses
Port Town Aero Dive
Bridge of Eldin
Skyworld
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Spear Pillar
Corneria
Hyrule Temple
big blue
New Pork City
Mario Bros.
Wario Ware
Flat Zone 2
75m
Rumble Falls
The Summit
Mushroomy Kingdom I & II
Hanenbow

questions?:
contact me on this site or email me or call me on 0424 846 576
(keep in mind that I work nights so I'm only really avalable on that number between midnight and 2pm.)

Attendance:

in your in, let me know please.

Confirmed:

luke (4 tv's, 2 wii's)
Throwback (1 tv, 1 wii)
jambo (1tv, 1 wii)
Scabe
tedeth
The Master of Meteors
leisha
E_alert (1 wii, maybe a tv?)
nanda (1 wii)
rose
silfa (1tv, 1 wii)
cheese619 (1 wii)
tim kwan
brendan sulway
jesse downs
jaeryl ong
iris
cameron
caleb
jason
seb
sam

unconfirmed:

rein
bogoron
swify1992
luffy
jason
james
scooter
tkls
david
other smash facebook peoples
out of staters
?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so why not come? out of staters please note that I'm always going out of state for tourneys, so its your turn to come to me ;) I will house anyone that needs it.
maybe that wasnt clear enough... lol, yeah come along scoot, I'll house you.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Why is rainbow cruise legal and japes not?
Why does this tournament have to be when I'm in W.A :(
Why...

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Scabe does NSW count as OOS? <3

I'm in for this ****, I can handle the expenses with this much notice haha. I will bring my Wii and a TV if the bus allows it.

Luke is the ICs CG still allowed or what? >.>

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sick, bring the ****, ea as much as I would love you to bring a tv, unless its really small its going to be a pain in the *** for you, and since they'll make you put it under the bus in the storage bit it'll probably break.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Luke - well since the OP was like "rawr gragh no infinites durrrrr" I wasn't sure, thought it would be safer to check.

Also it's a small 34cm TV, it won't really be a pain to transport at all, the problem really is just if they let me take it on the bus (hopefully with some padding lol). I'd really like to help out with equipment where possible. :p

Nanda

Smash Ace
Im in and I'll provide a Wii but no TV. lookin forward to it. Preciate you organising all this.

Swifty1992

Smash Rookie
I'll probably show up. I'm a Canberra local and I've been wanting to get into the tournament scene for a while.

I'm a pretty terrible Marth main (just ask Bogo) but I'm looking forward to it.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
This influx of new Canberra players is starting to scare me...In a good way...

Edit: Also "Orange Juice" WTF were you drinking when you made that title :mad:

cheese619

Smash Ace
I will be attending for shizzle. Like seriously definitely there. No chance I won't be there. Also what were you thinking when you banned jungle japes, as a falco main I'm offended. I will be bringing a wii but no tv. And my doubles partner will most likely be attending. Peace.
EDIT: Also will bring DS.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I miss Japes aswell, but its soo broken for falco =P and i think Dk aswell. Should be allowed in doubles though imo.

I remember letting gopo counterpick me on that... Regret it =P

swordsaint

Smash Master
I will be attending for shizzle. Like seriously definitely there. No chance I won't be there. Also what were you thinking when you banned jungle japes, as a falco main I'm offended. I will be bringing a wii but no tv. And my doubles partner will most likely be attending. Peace.
ANOTHER Falco main? WTF????

Anyway, don't worry about lack of Japes my fellow Falco! Just learn some of the other stages and you'll be fine.

pools Neutrals:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1
lylat cruise <------ What?

DE Neutrals:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counterpick:
Lylat Cruise
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise <---Japes banned but this isn't?
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium 2 <--- What? This stage is just stupid, WAY too many obstacles and you're fighting the stage a lot more than you should be.
Pictochat
Pirate Ship <----What? Free win to Meteor everyone!

Scabe

Successful Businessman
In my noob opinion I believe Pirate Ship, Jungle Japes and Rainbow Cruise should be banned.

...Where the **** is Spear Pillar? :mad:

Edit: And ban Pokemon Stadium 2.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
In my noob opinion I believe Pirate Ship, Jungle Japes and Rainbow Cruise should be banned.

...Where the **** is Spear Pillar? :mad:
Same but japes was a fun level =)

I dont like the pool neutrals though, and more falcos make me sadface. (sucks agasint falco) lawl

Scabe

Successful Businessman
We should do some cool hanging out with all the people who travel all the way to Canberra.

Except I can't think of anything that Canberra has to show... :(

Also a meet before the sometime before the tourney might be cool.

Anyways, this tourney's looking good with the expected numbers of people that might show up. I just hope it doesn't end up like the last ACT tourney I went to...13 people. :cry:

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Yeah let's all get Nando's! Luke love's Nando's.

And we actually have a guy in our scene named Nando.

Oh instead of Nando's we can have beans:

<3 Melbourne

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Oh someone from ACT is called Nando? o_o okay cool ima make them a nandos t-shirt for the epic name. ^_^

Lawl and i was the one who introduced the epic nandos to everyone =D, I started loving it again after me and tom went there ages ago =)

You have a nandos in ACT right?

tkls

Smash Apprentice
hey, im out of state. I forget that act isnt nsw.

I may come if i have my liscence by then.

Top Bottom